Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009 Porcfest Campsite Reservations  (Read 17889 times)

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: 2009 Porcfest Campsite Reservations
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 11:57:44 pm »

Jerry's a hero? Who new under all that hair. ;D
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 12:37:56 am »

As Lloyd said earlier  "Even if you end up in a tentsite in the upper left or right you are not more than a ten minute walk anywhere else. I think some of the events will be held in the field on the lower right. The speach a fying will probably be in the Bingo Hall.
I had tentsite #2 for a couple of years and loved it!"

Judging from earlier Porcfests at Rogers, if you want to be in the middle of the activities get a campsite in the middle near the cabins.  Those further up, and out to the left and right are quieter areas.

lloydbob1

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 06:55:41 am »

Jerry's a hero? Who new under all that hair. ;D

Yes!  Not yer average Garden Gnome!

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 11:13:27 pm »

We have a travel trailer and maybe some guests too.

OOOPS!  I just looked back over the thread and noticed that you said have a travel trailer.
Lloyd and I have been talking about the tent sites.  They are in the shaded area at the top of the map.
The  area to the left has small mobile homes (the ones with PM or MH with a number). Some of these are owned by Rogers and are available for rental, most are privately owned and are not available.

What you want is a pull-thru site for trailers and Rv's.  These are on the lower half of the map.  For the shortest walk to the activities, choose one near the cabins, since the party people will likely pitch their tents on the other side of the cabins, and the "formal" activities will be in the bingo hall.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 11:22:04 pm by Jerry »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 11:22:20 am »

I think I shared space on #2 and met Keith and Stuff for the first time in person. ;D

I am going to get the campsite the furthest away from everyone. >:D
I don't like people. :o

I don't even know why I am going.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 01:22:49 pm by Dreepa »

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 02:40:35 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think we are going to try to end up somewhere along the cabins.  Yes, Jerry is a hero.  I had the best conversations with him at Lauren's 2nd (1st) Thanksgiving.  What a wonderful time that was.  Lets have some more of those!

Aubern and I will be making and selling organic (except for one oil we use) gourmet campfire popcorn (to Porcs only for obvious reasons).  It will be called "Porcupine Popcorn".  All youz guyz who commented here get a thank you bag (or two) of your flavor choice, gratis.

Currently we have
Gahlick (my favorite)
Parmesan Porc (supper yummy too, with melted parm)
Southern Fried Porcupine (Louisiana Heat... not for the weak)
Porcupine Ranch (with serious peppercorns and pepper, better than doritos and no MSG)
and a few more that I can't think of right now... and we are developing more recipes as we prepare...  who knows?  This may become a regular thing.

I think we'll try to get a spot or two by the cabins.
Lumpy<br />“Stand Your Ground, Don’t Fire Unless Fired Upon. But If They Mean To Have War, Let it Start Here.” Captain John Parker, Lexington, Massachusetts April 19, 1775

DavidJames

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 10:48:07 pm »

I'm hella excited to be going this year. I cant wait. I got my best friend coming with me from cali who's got some kinda libertarian ideals. Lets try and help him see the light! lol should be fun.

Kate

• Now in NH
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 11:54:21 am »

I think I shared space on #2 and met Keith and Stuff for the first time in person. ;D

It is tent sites 56 or 57 for you.  they are tucked in the woods.  Away from the rest of us.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 02:22:07 pm »

It is tent sites 56 or 57 for you.  they are tucked in the woods.  Away from the rest of us.

Dreepa is going this year?  Woohoo!  ;D

Can't wait to meet you, DavidJames
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

rabbit20

• FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 04:02:24 pm »

question about the shootouts....would i need to bring my own rifle?  and if so what is the rule about flying with your firearm? im sure you cant but just asking. also does the registratioin fee cover the camp site? first timer so sneed to know everything i need to have with me  :)
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --  Thomas Jefferson
http://pledgebank.com/Next1000
http://nhliberty.org
http://cafepress.com/ridleyreport
http://www.oathkeepers.org

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 04:18:32 pm »

question about the shootouts....

I dunno that I'd call them "shootouts;).  We're a very Heinlein-ian armed society.  :)

would i need to bring my own rifle? 

We shoot rifles and pistols.  Bringing your own is preferable simply because it means you have one, but there are plenty of people that will let you borrow theirs.

and if so what is the rule about flying with your firearm? im sure you cant but just asking.

Check with the airline, but I'm pretty sure you can.  They have rules about packing it a certain way and you have to declare it.  Just ask (I'm not a lawyer....no legal advice here).  Also, if you're bringing firearms, try to fly into Manchester, not Boston. 

also does the registratioin fee cover the camp site?

No, you have to book your own site.  The registration fee is for the PorcFest events in particular (the vendors, the talks, etc).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 04:22:16 pm by sjhipple »
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 04:45:22 pm »

question about the shootouts....would i need to bring my own rifle?  and if so what is the rule about flying with your firearm? im sure you cant but just asking. also does the registratioin fee cover the camp site? first timer so sneed to know everything i need to have with me  :)

If you're talking about the Appleseed shoot, look at appleseedinfo.org.  There is a whole list of things you need to bring, not just a rifle, but yes, typically you need to bring your own rifle.  As well as 200+ rounds of ammo per day.  Plus, for men there's a $70 registration fee (which is not included in PorcFest registration, as PorcFest and Appleseed are two separate events, they're just being held at the same time/in the same place).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 04:47:57 pm by ivyleague28477 »

rabbit20

• FSP Participant
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 05:02:51 pm »

As well as 200+ rounds of ammo per day

Not sure if I want to put that much down my new barrel lol

DAMN!!!!! im going to have to buy a hard case  :-\
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 05:08:58 pm by rabbit20 »
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --  Thomas Jefferson
http://pledgebank.com/Next1000
http://nhliberty.org
http://cafepress.com/ridleyreport
http://www.oathkeepers.org

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 05:56:27 pm »

Heh!  You're joking, right?  Dontcha wanna break that sucker in before ya really need it?  ;D

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 06:03:53 pm »

DAMN!!!!! im going to have to buy a hard case  :-\
Well, I got a decent hard case from a Pawn Shop (never even been to one before) in Michigan, on Dort Highway in Flint (in case anyone else reads this and can use the info) for 15 FRNs...  actually two for that price, plus two sweet 12 gauges for dirt cheap.  There is no sales tax in NH so if you need to buy ammo or anything, this is undoubtedly the place.
If shipping a firearm is a challenge (and I've heard it is with the Feds, as well as FedEx and UPS) there are ways of doing it in stealth mode but the "authorities" and their "one size fits all" rules may have a problem...  if you need a private mailing address I have two which you may use (that is, if you trust a total stranger with a nice gun ;) ).  In case you were wondering, since I have become a participant in the FSP, I have met very few I wouldn't trust my life too.  Truly.  The rules for shipping firearms are found on all the shipping sites from the USPS to the rest of them.  If you have to fly you may not want to take along your firearm.
Lumpy<br />“Stand Your Ground, Don’t Fire Unless Fired Upon. But If They Mean To Have War, Let it Start Here.” Captain John Parker, Lexington, Massachusetts April 19, 1775
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up