Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Started  (Read 5060 times)

Corey

Getting Started
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:06:22 pm »

Hello everyone.

A coworker told me about FSP yesterday and it is full steam ahead. I've been trying to figure out where I want to live, where I would be best able to pursue my dreams and be the person I want to be, and NH is clearly the answer. If not for the already impressive liberties it has over other states then definitely for the FSP movement.

Now I am doing research and trying to get ready. Fortunately, I have some time. I'll be discharged in July 2010 and plan on moving to NH as soon as possible. Probably a month or two early due to terminal leave. I'm also considering taking leave to attend PorcFest 2009 but I need more information first and I need to figure out some of the logistic and funding issues.

If you didn't already guess, I'm active duty military. US Marine, to be precise. I joined because I wanted to do what I thought was right, stand up for my honor and defend my family. I was in for a real wake-up call. A few years in and I took my CO's advice seriously, read the US Constitution and started getting angry with the state. More reading and learning later and I got really angry. It didn't help that being stationed where I am I see a lot of the corruption and waste from the inside.

Now I just want to get out and be free to do what I want with my life. And I want other people to be free to do the same.

Anyways, I am really excited to be here and look forward to getting involved. I'm just trying to get my bearings right now and think I need to start the job-hunt soon.

sonio

• FSP Participant
    • Sonio on Facebook
Re: Getting Started
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 11:08:50 pm »

Hi Corey!!!   ;D
It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard

Fishercat

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 11:15:55 pm »

Welcome.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 11:32:59 pm »

There are a ton of people planning to move in 2010-2012.  Welcome!
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Moebius Tripp

• Kinda loopy & one-sided.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 11:58:53 pm »

Howdy! and welcome.  Hope you don't get recalled.
Statism is the opiate of the masses

RichW

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 02:03:01 am »

Great to have you on board Corey!
"... it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...."  ~  Samuel Adams

Corey

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 02:23:10 am »

Thanks!

Now to start looking for a job... Finding one that uses a clearance can take some time but it will make moving soooo much easier if I already have that lined up.

ideaman

• Why else would you go through all this trouble?
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 09:09:48 am »

Welcome Corey, and God bless you and the Corps.

Do you have IT skills or sales experience?  My next door neighbor works for a company that deals with the Govt, and I know clearance plays a role because I had a spook-like guy at my door one day asking a lot of questions about my neighbor.

We're up in the Lebanon area ('upper valley') and the next time I see him I can ask if there are any employment opportunities with his company, and contact information, if you like.

KE

Corey

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 11:58:08 am »

Sort of and yes.

I'm actually stuck in the rear supporting NSA as a linguist. I'm not one of the actual IT guys but I use the equipment and I'm part of the community. One of the reasons I am looking for job opportunities now is that I have time to wrap up an AA or teach myself coding (I have a book for C# on my desk now).

I do have sales experience. I worked at my dad's diamond brokerage before I enlisted and now I am a sales associate with The Home Depot.

And I'd really appreciate that, especially if he is sympathetic to FSP. Even if his company doesn't have a job, people in the business tend to know who else is involved and they might be hiring in 2010. Thanks.

ideaman

• Why else would you go through all this trouble?
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 02:09:27 pm »

He's out of town a lot, but lives next door so I know when he comes home.  I'll make a point of speaking to him about this as soon as I see his truck in the driveway.  Can't say he's sympathetic, but can say he has a healthy dose of disdain for what he calls 'the lifestyle nazis', whomever they are.

K

madeinmotown

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 03:56:44 pm »

Corey,

You might also consider Raytheon.  They value a security clearance and military background.  In the meantime, thank you for your service and we look forward to your continued service in forging a path to liberty with the FSP.  -Motown

Corey

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 09:50:18 pm »

Does anyone know who I should call in Raytheon? Having a target to shoot for always helps.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 09:24:32 pm »

Welcome! ;D

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 02:41:41 pm »

Check out Bradford Networks (IT security products) in Concord and InsightTechnology in Manchester/Londonderry to see what kinds of job openings they have.  This will give you an idea of jobs and ed requirements that may help you in the future.  You might also call them and ask for an informational interview to see what skills are most needed in their industry.

Porcupine Realtor
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064
Pages: [1]   Go Up