Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charlotte Tea Party  (Read 1182 times)

frankwtodd

• FSP Participant
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus!
    • Homepage
Charlotte Tea Party
« on: April 04, 2009, 08:54:38 pm »

The Tea Party this afternoon (4/4/09) had about 500 people attending. I thought there would have been more considering the metroplex has almost 2 million people. Then again, considering the general apathy in these parts to the onslaught of Obamunism.....

I was able to talk to numerous people about FSP with varying levels of interest. Even the more interested seemed loath to move away from here, often citing extended family as a concern. This is not unusual in this area, as culturally many people have generations of family living close by. It is something I think I will have difficulty overcoming.

The Fair Tax and We The People groups were heavily represented with both having at least four tables each scattered around the grounds handing out literature, buttons, and little 'Don't Tread On Me' flags.

However, that being said, there is another Tea Party on April 15th in front of city hall. It will be from 2-4PM. I will be there, again, in my FSP tshirt handing out brochures. (Assuming my recent order of them gets to me on time.) If you're in the area drop me an email and we can mount a more co-ordinated frontal assault.

I am hoping for a larger crowd on the 15th. I am also hoping for more 'walk by' traffic from non Tea Party participants as it will be a weekday downtown.
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: Charlotte Tea Party
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 09:12:56 pm »

Good work!
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.
Pages: [1]   Go Up