Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Affordable Areas to live  (Read 2239 times)

Christy

Affordable Areas to live
« on: January 21, 2009, 09:59:38 am »

I am just now considering moving to NH so I'm starting to gather information.  I first need to look for work and thankful to see information on this board to get me started.  Before I look for a job, I am wondering what areas are best to find affordable housing yet still in a good location.  Do I have to be concerned with ghetto type areas unfit for raising my children?  I am seeing posts for homes that are rented for well over my budget. I need either a two or three bedroom home preferrably three bedroom that will allow two dogs for under $1,000/MO   Is this possible? 

ny2nh

Re: Affordable Areas to live
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 12:27:37 pm »

When you say "home", are you meaning an actual separate house? I doubt you will find a 2-3 BR house that allows pets for under $1000/mo. I could be wrong though.

There are parts of Manchester that I would not want to raise a kid in. Actually, if I had kids, I probably wouldn't have bought the home I did. I'd say focus on the job first.

catroina

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 02:49:21 am »

with the dogs you may have difficulty as when you run thru craigs list,etc you'll see a nice description  but when you click on the advert,"no smoking/no dogs",----        mobile home parks either no dogs case closed- or under 20pounds....small breeds,etc. Look through ads for the co-op parks and contact management if they permit dogs.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 10:37:22 pm »

Yes, it's possible.  There are many factors, certainly, but with enough time and effort, you'll find something nice.
We can help you with more specifics in regards to rental prices and neighborhoods, but you'll have to narrow it down for us in regards to which town(s).  Are you looking at Seacoast (Portsmouth area), central, Manchester, Nashua, Lebanon/Hanover, Keene, or somewhere in between.  These are spread out all over the state.
There are a couple other threads on this forum that relate to choosing among the different towns.  If you're not set on one place, you might read those posts.
Mark Warden
Porcupine Realtor
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 10:39:06 pm »

Here's the thread I was thinking of:  http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=14742.0
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064
Pages: [1]   Go Up