Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you Understand/learn about the FSP, AFTER, you moved here?  (Read 9811 times)

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: What did you Understand/learn about the FSP, AFTER, you moved here?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 09:58:01 am »

I had absolutely no idea as to the level of activism going on here before I moved. (I actually arrived right when Taproom Tuesday went from being a half-dozen people at one table to being 30–40 people taking over the place.)

I'll 2nd that. I think I arrived close to the same time, no? I do recall the MVP meeting swelling in numbers really quick too! It seemed like each meeting I went to, there were more new movers than the previous meeting. There was that one time when they asked new movers to introduce themselves and about five people did and they started to move on and would get interrupted by yet another new mover! It happened 2 or 3 times before they could continue the meeting.  ;D

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 01:59:33 pm »

I had absolutely no idea as to the level of activism going on here before I moved. (I actually arrived right when Taproom Tuesday went from being a half-dozen people at one table to being 30–40 people taking over the place.)

I'll 2nd that. I think I arrived close to the same time, no? I do recall the MVP meeting swelling in numbers really quick too! It seemed like each meeting I went to, there were more new movers than the previous meeting. There was that one time when they asked new movers to introduce themselves and about five people did and they started to move on and would get interrupted by yet another new mover! It happened 2 or 3 times before they could continue the meeting.  ;D

You and I were both new movers at the same MVP meeting (August, 2007?), the same one where Dave Ridley got stopped for his open carry incident. If I recall correctly, we’re in the video Roger Grant did of the meeting.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 06:43:33 am »

If I recall correctly, we’re in the video Roger Grant did of the meeting.

I wasn't. Somehow I didn't know what was going on until after it was over. I don't know how I missed all the hubub.

sonio

• FSP Participant
    • Sonio on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 10:58:01 am »

I haven't moved yet, but Peacemaker, thanks to a while of reading and posting on the boards it is fun to expect so many different viewpoints coexisting happily!

Hetro stuff like chains and whips

Hetro?  Anyone (plural or singular) can use whips and chains.....   >:D
It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard

garthwaited

• Administrator
  • First 1000
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 01:55:58 pm »

I could have moved earlier, and thus should have.  Life is good here.  :)

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 03:08:34 pm »

man peacemaker ... did maxxx hand the baton off to you when he went on a ship? You are the biggest poster nowadays.

no, no communication there....sounds disturbing...(?)  I suppose this "Liberty Hub" gives me energy I never knew I had.  :) 

I don't know if I would go that far (i.e.; biggest poster) but somone mentioned that this forum wasn't that active and i guess I couldn't stop myself from trying to make it more interesting/"active."

(thanks Sonio)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 11:35:15 pm by Peacemaker »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 10:52:16 am »

Hetro stuff like chains and whips

Hetro?  Anyone (plural or singular) can use whips and chains.....   >:D

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me!
 ;D

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 08:11:54 pm »

That the best way to blend in with the "natives" (be accepted by the locals) is NOT to tell them you moved here (to take over the state!) with a political movement (it's best to not to have a Free State Project bumper sticker on your car, while in NH).

But rather, be yourself, get to know those you work with and live next too, without any political references......and then later, when and if the time is right, you can mention the project, but only after they have gotten to know you. 
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 08:37:41 pm »

I never bring it up .... they just ask.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 08:54:50 pm »

That the best way to blend in with the "natives" (be accepted by the locals) is NOT to tell them you moved here (to take over the state!) with a political movement (it's best to not to have a Free State Project bumper sticker on your car, while in NH).

But rather, be yourself, get to know those you work with and live next too, without any political references......and then later, when and if the time is right, you can mention the project, but only after they have gotten to know you. 

This is exactly how I operate.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

sonio

• FSP Participant
    • Sonio on Facebook
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 09:29:17 pm »

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me!  :)

You and me both my friend ;)
It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 10:22:32 pm »

1. That there are a LOT of folks already living here who embrace our philosophy of "leave us alone!"
2. Most (half or more) of the Free Staters here blend into the community, working behind the scenes, and are activists in their own way, leading by example.  There's no large, coordinated FSP group of activists; each of us chooses his preferred method of making a difference.
3. There are THOUSANDS of people out there in the other 49 states who are hungry and ready for what we are doing, but don't know about the FSP yet.  It is incumbent on all of us to continue the outreach and help those people understand what we have learned, that "Liberty in Our Lifetime" is possible!
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 06:32:00 am »

I have been very open with the local people about the movement. In almost five years, I can remember only one or two sort of cold shoulders. Just this week, I explained the project to a man I just met. He was so excited to know that there were people coming to his state to help restore freedoms.

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 10:46:54 am »

I have been very open with the local people about the movement. In almost five years, I can remember only one or two sort of cold shoulders. Just this week, I explained the project to a man I just met. He was so excited to know that there were people coming to his state to help restore freedoms.

I am open about the FSP when I can sit down and actually gauge whether it would be worth my time explaining it to a person.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 01:59:16 pm »

I have certainly felt comfortable about telling people (in coffee shops for example) about the FSP IN NH, but I guess my main point is to be not be in a rush to tell people whom you just met (co-workers or neighbors), unless you can guage/really feel like you can connect with them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up