Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Rogers it is! June 25-28, 2009  (Read 41124 times)

Surrealpolichick

Rogers it is! June 25-28, 2009
« on: January 05, 2009, 10:55:25 pm »

Happy 2009!

Gigantic drum roll.... Porc Fest 2009 will return to Rogers Campground in Lancaster and will take place Thurs June 25- Sun June 28, 2009 for "official" programming (but people are free to start camping & reveling in the week leading up to that).

Extra wonderful goodies:
1. communal meals OK and we'll have use of grill in picnic area (seats 100+) which is next to a big field, and kitchen in main hall (seats 100+), if we like (people who would like to take the lead on planning and managing certain meals, pls. email me)
2. use of 4 halls where we can have talks, show movies, hold game nights etc...
3. fun tent with donated booze OK (keeping in mind that there is quiet time after 11pm) - the picnic hall is far away from the campsites, and so this might be a possible venue?

I will post more details later in the week but wanted to get the good news out so long. If you're interested in volunteering, please email me at  surrealpolichick@gmail.com to join the Google group where we will be actively planning things.

Finally, a special thanks to Peacemaker for putting the feelers out...

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 07:01:52 pm by Keith and Stuff »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Rogers it is! June 25-28, 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:59:10 pm »

ha...look at me with a post minutes after the announcement.

Someone call Porc411.

:)
THanks!

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 11:05:42 pm »

Bleh.  What a waste.  >:(

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 11:30:45 pm »

Yay!
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 11:44:45 pm »

dueling Seths - cool!

shyfrog

• FSP Participant
  • Fear is the foundation of most governments
    • Shyfrog Media
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 11:57:12 pm »

I'm in Utah visiting my kids right now. I just told them. My ears hurt now. (yays all around)

Puke

• FSP Participant
  • "Rock on!"
    • Dooms Day Device Photography
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 06:24:27 am »

An excellent choice.
Dooms Day Device Photography = www.dooms-day-device.com

lloydbob1

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 07:07:23 am »

Yes!  I may go.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 07:43:50 am »

Great news!  I've heard that they are way more accommodating and appreciative than Gunstock -- and Roger's is privately owned.   ;D

Good work, Carla.  Thanks for your efforts.

Here's the link to check out the venue and make reservations:  http://rogerscampground.com/  The manager is on vacation through May and only takes phone calls a few days a week, but you can leave a message or send an email.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 07:53:10 am »

Great news!  I've heard that they are way more accommodating and appreciative than Gunstock

Not in my experience.  They didn't care enough to keep us happy, which is why we moved in the first place.
Gunstock was NOT perfect, by any means... but Roger's is no better, and worse in ways we cannot do anything about, such as location.

ny2nh

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 08:07:03 am »

Great news!  I've heard that they are way more accommodating and appreciative than Gunstock

Not in my experience.  They didn't care enough to keep us happy, which is why we moved in the first place.
Gunstock was NOT perfect, by any means... but Roger's is no better, and worse in ways we cannot do anything about, such as location.

Maybe Roger's will be far more accommodating this year knowing that we did move it to someplace else...and would do that again if not satisfied again.

Let's just make the best of it.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 11:28:54 am »

This sounds great!  I'm looking forward to experiencing Rogers, as I've never been and Gunstock blows. 

About this "quiet time" stuff - the Fun Tent should be surrounded by campgrounds populated by people who don't care about "quiet time" so any other Rogers' patrons (who could be offended) are as far as possible from it.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Slim

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 11:40:16 am »

I do think that the FSP having Porcfest at Gunstock is a bit of hypocrisy. There was even a blog post/article about the hypocrisy. I was not able to go to last years porcfest due to health reasons but I was sickened when I heard what happened to the fun tent and the cops showing up.

I realize that Rogers is not centrally located in the state but NH is not that large of a state and you can drive across it in a matter of hours.

Also would someone please tell me what Rogers did to make the FSP think they did not care about the group gathering? If it is bad enough then I could change my opinion about Rogers

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.  -Stephen Hawking

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 12:09:39 pm »

OK, I thinik we've heard enough of your NEGATIVE comments on this.  IF you want to continue, please start a new thread where you can whine and complain all you want.  But on this thread, we've got the serious business of FUN, being planned in a LARGE way and we have no room for anymore of YOUR (i haven't heard of anyone else unhappy with the decision) NEGATIVE VIBES on this.  Thanks for understanding, give it chance and I still want to buy you that beer at Rogers!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 12:46:24 pm by Peacemaker »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 12:43:21 pm »

An excellent choice.

Agreed! 8) It'll be great to go back again.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up