Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rogers it is! June 25-28, 2009  (Read 41492 times)

Alex Free Market

Re: Rogers it is! June 25-28, 2009
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2009, 11:37:48 pm »

This surely implies that there might be a way of skirting around paying...as long as you don;t have more vehicles than people. I was just reminding people that the right thing to do would be to just pay the $5 per night fee.   :)

People have done it at every single Porcfest I have been to thusfar, and I'm sure other people know that.  Not even sure why I brought that tangential point up, as it wasn't really related to Dale's question anyway.... I often just ramble when writing.

Not like I'm revealing any secrets on how people skirt the system at campgrounds, as it is fairly obvious.  It's the exact same thing people do at hotels/motels.  Check in for one or two people, but let several stay in the room.

*shrugs* I'm pretty much just stating the obvious.   What other people do is on them, as I do not condone it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 01:57:34 am by Alex Free Market »
It will be of little avail to the people, that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what the law is to-day, can guess what it will be to-morrow. - James Madison, The Federalist No. 62

Trenks

« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2009, 06:59:08 pm »

This surely implies that there might be a way of skirting around paying...as long as you don;t have more vehicles than people. I was just reminding people that the right thing to do would be to just pay the $5 per night fee.   :)

People have done it at every single Porcfest I have been to thusfar, and I'm sure other people know that.  Not even sure why I brought that tangential point up, as it wasn't really related to Dale's question anyway.... I often just ramble when writing.

Not like I'm revealing any secrets on how people skirt the system at campgrounds, as it is fairly obvious.  It's the exact same thing people do at hotels/motels.  Check in for one or two people, but let several stay in the room.

*shrugs* I'm pretty much just stating the obvious.   What other people do is on them, as I do not condone it.

I thought the obvious way was to camp farther out in the wilderness.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2009, 10:28:39 pm »

In the past, unlike Gunstock, the owner has always been fair with us.  In return we have encouraged the folks to pay the extra 5 bucks.  If you want to sneak in
I'm sure you can do it, but I find it weak, and totally against what we are about. Like being honest, and paying your fair shaire.
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

ny2nh

« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2009, 06:58:54 am »

If you want to sneak in I'm sure you can do it, but I find it weak, and totally against what we are about. Like being honest, and paying your fair shaire.
^ this

Trenks

« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2009, 01:46:34 pm »

or how about passing out on a picnic table? ;)

lloydbob1

« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2009, 02:28:46 pm »

As long as you pay the 5 bucks

Alex Free Market

« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2009, 10:12:17 pm »

I thought the obvious way was to camp farther out in the wilderness.

That's the best way.   Unfortunately, the pointy headed bureaucrats do not like when people do that, and have imposed all kinds of restrictions in an attempt to discourage and inhibit people from camping on public lands.
It will be of little avail to the people, that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what the law is to-day, can guess what it will be to-morrow. - James Madison, The Federalist No. 62

freedomroad

« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2009, 12:35:19 am »

If you are driving up to Roger's Campground, you may want to consider spending a few minutes promoting the FSP on the way.  Print up a few FSP flyers and place them in free magazines at Rest Areas on your way up.  See here for more info, http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=18209.0

If you like the idea, look for me at Porcfest and I'll give you a few flyers to use on your drive back home.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

anything