Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Rogers it is! June 25-28, 2009  (Read 41504 times)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: Rogers it is! June 25-28, 2009
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2009, 03:20:27 am »

Should I wait till registration to buy my plain tickets? I dunno if the dates will change for porcfest but i figure the earlier i get the tickets the cheaper the flights will be. Is there lots of events going on leading up to porcfest? I would mind flying in earlier if so or just to look around.

I don't know about any events, but it could be neat to hang out with some porcs before hand.  See about staying at one of the porc manors.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2009, 06:17:22 am »

My first Porcfest - I'm excited  ;D. Will come alone unless the wife can join. Will have retired just several days before (June 18th). Booked a room at the hotel.

Dave

Congo Rats! Great timing. Porcfest can be a sort of celebration of your retirement.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2009, 06:19:27 am »

Is there lots of events going on leading up to porcfest? I would mind flying in earlier if so or just to look around.

The weekend is when it really heats up, but the weekdays leading up to that is when a smaller, more cozy crowd starts to gather and party very spontaneously and casually. I came early the last two fests and I personally enjoy that part quite a lot. Depends on your tastes. Also, coming early to tour NH a bit is a great idea. I rented a car my first year and it was a good investment.

lloydbob1

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2009, 07:20:12 am »

Dale is correct.  The week of camping and hanging out is Porcfest. I would put Saturday aside for touring and avoid the speeches.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2009, 07:35:24 am »

Dale is correct.  The week of camping and hanging out is Porcfest. I would put Saturday aside for touring and avoid the speeches.
I thought we were avoiding most speeches this year.

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2009, 07:57:12 am »

Don't leave on Saturday, but hang where you want to hang and avoid what you want to avoid. Coming early is better than just showing up for the weekend. If you have never been among many porcs, you need time to adjust and acclimate.

Cathleen

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2009, 10:03:12 am »

Some people will start camping as early as Monday of that week, and most leave on Sunday.  If you can visit for a week, you'll have that many more opportunities to tour the state, meet other movers, attend Taproom Tuesday, Seacoast Wednesday, and more.
Personally, I like some of the speeches, particularly the "we made the move" panel discussion.  But to each his own . . . it's the libertarian way.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

freedomroad

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2009, 10:03:32 am »

What Lloyd suggests is a really good idea if you have already been to a couple Porcfests or at least one.  However, if you have never been to a Porcfest, the Friday, Saturday, and sometimes Sunday (or Th) speeches, panels, and talks may be extremely useful.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2009, 10:44:25 am »

What Lloyd suggests is a really good idea if you have already been to a couple Porcfests or at least one.  However, if you have never been to a Porcfest, the Friday, Saturday, and sometimes Sunday (or Th) speeches, panels, and talks may be extremely useful.

It's true. Keep in mind that Lloyd is a seasoned veteran of the FSP. :) He's heard all of those speeches. I went to more of those my first year and I enjoyed them. Went to a lot less my second year. Of course I was staffing my table in the vendor area most of the weekend so I'm not sure if I would have seen more otherwise. Anyway, I now look at Porcfest as a week-long ROCKIN' party in the woods with all my good friends here in NH and lots of new people that I'm looking forward to getting to know better. You hear some of us old farts talking down the seminars and such but take it with a grain of salt.

lloydbob1

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2009, 10:47:07 am »

;D

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2009, 05:23:45 pm »

about the picnic hall i mentioned that is down on a field on its own... i believe it is a shed type building with open walls, for what it's worth. i'm supposed to go up with taxinator next week to take a fresh look. i can report back after that...

I believe this would be the ideal spot for the "Fun Tent."  It is little more thana a 5-10 minute walk from anywhere in the campground, and eliminates the need for much planning.
[/quote]

This sounds like the "Dream Fun Tent" as it has a real roof, open sides and is away from the main area.  I imagine we would be able to make a fire near it as well (?)
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 05:35:48 pm »

It's true. Keep in mind that Lloyd is a seasoned veteran of the FSP. :) He's heard all of those speeches. I went to more of those my first year and I enjoyed them. Went to a lot less my second year. Of course I was staffing my table in the vendor area most of the weekend so I'm not sure if I would have seen more otherwise. Anyway, I now look at Porcfest as a week-long ROCKIN' party in the woods with all my good friends here in NH and lots of new people that I'm looking forward to getting to know better. You hear some of us old farts talking down the seminars and such but take it with a grain of salt.

PS: Dale is the youngest looking "old fart" you'll ever see...but he does consider himself "an Olde Tymer" when it comes to the FSP movement.... (like Lloyd).

And I think I figured out a way to get Lloyd to attend a speech...Make him a speaker!  Lloyd, if you speak, I promise to attend your sermon speech.  What would be the subject?

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Moebius Tripp

• Kinda loopy & one-sided.
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2009, 10:29:50 pm »

What would be the subject?

Lloyd doesn't believe in "subjects", I'll wager.  Only "voluntary equals". ;D
Statism is the opiate of the masses

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2009, 09:19:48 am »

about the picnic hall i mentioned that is down on a field on its own... i believe it is a shed type building with open walls, for what it's worth. i'm supposed to go up with taxinator next week to take a fresh look. i can report back after that...

I believe this would be the ideal spot for the "Fun Tent."  It is little more thana a 5-10 minute walk from anywhere in the campground, and eliminates the need for much planning.

This sounds like the "Dream Fun Tent" as it has a real roof, open sides and is away from the main area.  I imagine we would be able to make a fire near it as well (?)
[/quote]

IIRC the picnic area is somewhat small, but there's no reason people couldn't stand around outside the sheltered bit if it's not raining. And there's a big fire pit close by too. Sounds like the perfect spot for the Fun Tent really.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2009, 09:28:48 am »

IIRC the picnic area is somewhat small...

How does it compare to the size of last year's tent?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up