Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Rogers it is! June 25-28, 2009  (Read 41486 times)

ny2nh

Re: Rogers it is! June 25-28, 2009
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 02:41:06 pm »

Carla has said she really doesn't plan to check the forums often and she suggested that those interested in help plan sign up for the google group she set up: porcfest09

frankwtodd

• FSP Participant
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus!
    • Homepage
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2009, 05:16:51 pm »

Well, I've put in for my reservation of a room at Rogers! Hopefully I won't have a family emergency days before like last year. I am super excited!!!! ;D
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer

HelmholtzWatson

• Next 1000
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2009, 06:00:33 pm »

sonya and i are almost definitely coming. we're looking forward to meeting you all finally!

Surrealpolichick

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2009, 06:08:11 pm »

Surreal, did you ask about reserving a chunk of campsites in the NE corner to establish a boundary and then having the fun tent in the furthest NE campsite? People could then sublease those sites from Jason. I would be glad to be on one of those sites. I consider proximity to the fun tent to be a convenience.

hey dale... probably makes sense for you guys to take the lead on this yourself. I.e. if you want to create a buffer zone (great idea!) you should go ahead and book out those campsites and then manage your own subleasing plans... i think this is probably the best way to make sure that everyone is happy... if we leave it to rogers, confusion may arise, and i don't want to have to manage subleasing campsites myself (lots of other things to worry about!). it is vital to try to keep noise complaints to a minimum late in the evening, and keep in mind that some complaints came from porcers, so make sure you guys do get a big enough chunk of land. also, check out the aerial view on the rogers website... certain areas don't have many trees, and you might want to take this into consideration. me? i'm leaning towards a motel room but will, if sure, be hanging out at the fun tent from time to time.

about the picnic hall i mentioned that is down on a field on its own... i believe it is a shed type building with open walls, for what it's worth. i'm supposed to go up with taxinator next week to take a fresh look. i can report back after that...

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 10:53:34 pm »

if you want to create a buffer zone (great idea!) you should go ahead and book out those campsites and then manage your own subleasing plans...

That's the idea actually. Last year I believe Jason talked about doing this himself. There were plenty of people who said they'd reimburse him for one of those sites. I was just wondering if doing this would satisfy the folks at Roger's. Say, for instance, if Jason booked a cluster of sites including all of those in that upper-right corner of the map, sub-let the extra sites to people who don't mind being near it, and then putting the fun tent in the far upper-right site. Seems like that would create a sort of party zone boundary.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2009, 01:31:17 am »

sonya and i are almost definitely coming. we're looking forward to meeting you all finally!

"almost definately." What do I have to do to get you to take the "almost" out of that sentence?

Many days stay, in the beautiful mountains of NH, during the Summer, surrounded by "extreme" liberty loving activists who are on vacation and celebrating their friendship and achievements is an experience that is absolutely impossible to duplicate.  If there is such a thing as a "life changing" experience...then this would be it.

So if you'd like to show your minds an experience like they've never before seen...then you will be ready to walk, hitchhike or crawl to Lancaster, NH, the last week of June, because words cannot describe what a libertating experience it is, to be able to be submersed into a world of extreme crazy liberty lovers who are on a mission, to enjoy and know what it's like to "live" where everyone you meet, see and talk too....appreciates Liberty and Freedom like you do. 

On one hand, it's almost too much for your mind to handle (it's in disbeleif that all these people could agree with you), but it's real, you can see that and consequently it delivers life as you always imagined...easy, fun and just right! 

PS: Plus there will be cold Free Stater Beer as well!

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2009, 06:53:28 am »

about the picnic hall i mentioned that is down on a field on its own... i believe it is a shed type building with open walls, for what it's worth. i'm supposed to go up with taxinator next week to take a fresh look. i can report back after that...

[/quote]

I believe this would be the ideal spot for the "Fun Tent."  It is little more thana a 5-10 minute walk from anywhere in the campground, and eliminates the need for much planning.
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Surrealpolichick

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2009, 08:42:35 am »

I believe this would be the ideal spot for the "Fun Tent."  It is little more thana a 5-10 minute walk from anywhere in the campground, and eliminates the need for much planning.
[/quote]

Dale: Dave knows Rogers really well, so this is good advice. From what I remember, this would work great... it's an open building, so it feels like outside, it's at the end of the field where the bands/activities will be, and have a grill where we are planning some communal meals, so there's that sense of cohesiveness we're looking for, there are picnic tables for people to relax and play games at etc., and it's far enough from where people will be sleeping to eliminate hassles.  Maybe wait until we've visited the grounds again next week, and then let's chat...

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2009, 09:44:58 am »

Dale: Dave knows Rogers really well, so this is good advice. From what I remember, this would work great... it's an open building, so it feels like outside, it's at the end of the field where the bands/activities will be, and have a grill where we are planning some communal meals, so there's that sense of cohesiveness we're looking for, there are picnic tables for people to relax and play games at etc., and it's far enough from where people will be sleeping to eliminate hassles.  Maybe wait until we've visited the grounds again next week, and then let's chat...

If it works, and Roger is ok with it, it does sound better than just reserving a bunch of sites. If Jason takes it for the fun tent, then different people can sort of sponsor different meals. Like I'd like to do a pancake breakfast sometime early in the week.

HelmholtzWatson

• Next 1000
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2009, 10:28:29 am »

"almost definately." What do I have to do to get you to take the "almost" out of that sentence?

Many days stay, in the beautiful mountains of NH, during the Summer, surrounded by "extreme" liberty loving activists who are on vacation and celebrating their friendship and achievements is an experience that is absolutely impossible to duplicate.  If there is such a thing as a "life changing" experience...then this would be it.

So if you'd like to show your minds an experience like they've never before seen...then you will be ready to walk, hitchhike or crawl to Lancaster, NH, the last week of June, because words cannot describe what a libertating experience it is, to be able to be submersed into a world of extreme crazy liberty lovers who are on a mission, to enjoy and know what it's like to "live" where everyone you meet, see and talk too....appreciates Liberty and Freedom like you do. 

On one hand, it's almost too much for your mind to handle (it's in disbeleif that all these people could agree with you), but it's real, you can see that and consequently it delivers life as you always imagined...easy, fun and just right! 

that's pretty convincing. it sounds like an amazing experience - and i can't wait to try some koncord kombat.

alright! unless something unforeseen prevents us, we'll be there!  ;)

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2009, 03:06:23 am »

This sounds great!  I'm looking forward to experiencing Rogers, as I've never been and Gunstock blows. 

About this "quiet time" stuff - the Fun Tent should be surrounded by campgrounds populated by people who don't care about "quiet time" so any other Rogers' patrons (who could be offended) are as far as possible from it.

Cool, glad you're excited because I couldn't STAND the radio silence on the, er, radio. ;-) I've got an email in to the owners to see where might be the perfect spot for the fun tent/how to arrange no noise hassles... One possibility is to take over the picnic hall, but that might be a little too big (seats about 100+) but it's "far" (like a minute or two walk) away and could make a good base camp now that I hear we're bringing in strippers.

That's a JOKE, people. Jeez.  ::)

Thanks for the idea. Strippers, poker and paintball. Is there anything else I should be arranging?

Nice. ;D

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 11:16:09 am »

that's pretty convincing. it sounds like an amazing experience - and i can't wait to try some koncord kombat.

alright! unless something unforeseen prevents us, we'll be there!  ;)

I kindof cringed at the "unforseen" word (escape clause!) but if you mean like death, then that works for me! 

It's going to be a big time festival environment and even Free Talk LIve will be broadcasting live from there. 

Anyway, look forward to meeting you and seeing you there!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:13:56 pm by Peacemaker »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

daveneu

• You have no idea! But I do...
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009, 06:49:54 pm »

My first Porcfest - I'm excited  ;D. Will come alone unless the wife can join. Will have retired just several days before (June 18th). Booked a room at the hotel.

Dave
Dave N.
The world of me in an easy-to-take capsule

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2009, 07:08:55 pm »

We look forward to seeing you!
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

DavidJames

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2009, 01:38:43 am »

Should I wait till registration to buy my plain tickets? I dunno if the dates will change for porcfest but i figure the earlier i get the tickets the cheaper the flights will be. Is there lots of events going on leading up to porcfest? I would mind flying in earlier if so or just to look around.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up