Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keene and other areas  (Read 3908 times)

PRRT1

Keene and other areas
« on: February 17, 2009, 08:30:21 pm »

All right. I'm living in a very statist bad economy midwestern state and in the next five years or so I want to join this FSP because to me it is really the only way to achieve liberty. Before I got involved in the freedom movement I read about all 50 states and liked NH as one of the best due to its scenery. But I only read and saw this in books, and I've never visited. in fact I've never been in any state in the northeast. Now I'd like to move up here to the area with the highest concentration of FSP people, not neccessarily the highest number. I've heard a lot about Keene as being sort of the "center" of Free State activism and it seems to be sort of the movement's unoffical HQ. Is this true? I'm leaning toward Keene because I think I want to live in an area where local gov can realistically transfer to freedom.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
Re: Keene and other areas
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 01:13:41 am »

Welcome! ;D

Check out these sites for more info about what’s going on in Keene:—
  http://freekeene.com/
  http://forum.freekeene.com/

There’s plenty going on in the rest of the state, though. Keene is mostly where the free-market activists (non-political) are settling. The political activists are mostly settling in Manchester. Grafton and the seacoast cities are attracting a fair share of people, too.

Of course, there are freestaters settling all over the state, but Manchester and Keene probably have the highest population.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 09:03:09 am »

Keene is the center of civil disobedience type activism.  If you're not into that, there are lots of people in Concord, Manchester, Grafton and the Seacoast.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
    • K. Darien Freeheart's Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:45:17 am »

in the next five years or so I want to join this FSP because to me it is really the only way to achieve liberty.

Sounds like you're already sold on the Free State Project. Sign the statement of intent.

Signing isn't a commitment to move tomorrow. It says IF 20,000 people agreed to do the same, I'd move to New Hampshire within 5 years and work for more liberty. If we don't hit 20,000 until 2012, you're not committing to move until 2017. Your one signature gets us ONE step closer to triggering a mass movement though. If you like the idea, SIGN! We're people with lives too. If something changes between now and 20K, there won't be bounty hunters or lawsuits. :)

I've heard a lot about Keene as being sort of the "center" of Free State activism and it seems to be sort of the movement's unoffical HQ. Is this true?

Keene IS offically the HQ for Free State Project Inc, but moving doesn't make you involved with FSP Inc. at all so that's moot. Keene is one of the epicenters. Nobody is required to go anywhere once they move, but there's been a tendency for certain kinds of activists to move to certain places. I'm Keene bound for exactly that reason - I'm an outside of the system activist and I want to be surrounded by people who think the same way and can inspire my creativity and bolster my courage.

Any of the "major" hotspots will put you in contact with fellow Free Staters on a regular basis. If you get a ticket in Dover, Porcupines will actually leave there homes and still come out to support you, so no matter where you are you'll still get support. It's kind of hard to really grasp, you just don't see that kind of stuff anywhere else so it sounds kinda cliche but it's happening. :)

Welcome!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:11:21 pm »

Keene is the center of civil disobedience type activism.  If you're not into that, there are lots of people in Concord, Manchester, Grafton and the Seacoast.
yea ... if you are not ready to attack the government head on ... you better stay away from Keene. Every person in Keene that is not an active CD warrior is absolutely miserable.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:29:55 pm by sj »
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 12:13:11 pm »

BTW ... there are not a couple of dozen freestaters in the small town of Grafton ... nothing is going on there ... nothing to see
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 04:02:57 pm »

It's kind of hard to really grasp, you just don't see that kind of stuff anywhere else so it sounds kinda cliche but it's happening. :)

Welcome!

It really is hard to grasp... until you see it in action.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 04:59:31 pm »

yea ... if you are not ready to attack the government head on ... you better stay away from Keene. Every person in Keene that is not an active CD warrior is absolutely miserable.

Really?  I talked to Varrin a few days ago and he seemed happy to me.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:30:02 pm by sj »
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 05:00:32 pm »

It's kind of hard to really grasp, you just don't see that kind of stuff anywhere else so it sounds kinda cliche but it's happening. :)

Welcome!

It really is hard to grasp... until you see it in action.

I kind of had a hard time believing it until I went to PorcFest.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 05:56:31 pm »

That's true, absolutely miserable is a good way to describe those who aren't active.  On one hand, it's best to recommend to people that they just stay away from Keene all together, unless they're really sure about wanting to take on the Gov. head on.  These people don't recognize Gov's authority over them and they try and fight it at every turn.  Some (the local Gov.) would consider these Keeneiacs nothing but a bunch of troublemakers, a true nusiance (on the other hand, a lot of people love them for everything they are and do).

I'd also have to add that Keene is the Multimedia International Headquarters of the FSP movement so if that's your thing, this is THE place to be.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:29:21 pm by sj »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

lloydbob1

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 05:57:02 pm »

So, what you are saying is that everybody in Keene is miserable.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:30:11 pm by sj »

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 07:31:01 pm »

So, what you are saying is that everybody in Keene is miserable.
exactly ..... these guys on this forum say that Keene is for civil disobedience ... and yet basically noone is doing it .... so they must all be miserable :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:30:18 pm by sj »

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 07:32:39 pm »

Really?  I talked to Varrin a few days ago and he seemed happy to me.
Varrin is a prime example. Since Keene is for cd type activism ... then Varrin must be participating.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:29:46 pm by sj »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 09:05:05 pm »

I love FSP myths!!

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 02:49:06 pm »

Reality:

Keene is heavily populated with voluntaryists.  That said...

More politically interested movers seem to be showing up, and at least two NH natives have committed to run for city council this year.  While it is true that Keene attracts voluntaryists, it's also true it's a ripe opportunity for political activists.  The population is small, so your message is more effective.  Plus, the radicals in town will make you sound more reasonable to those stuck in the statist paradigm.

I screwed up this video, but here are three seconds I streamed live from yesterday's Social Sundays:
http://qik.com/video/1148057
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up