Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: the Free State Party  (Read 35958 times)

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
Re: the Free State Party
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 10:45:27 pm »

Who are you and what have you done with the REAL Russell Kanning?  The REAL Russell would never be advocating for a 'political' party, he's opposed to politics.

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 10:52:15 pm »

Who are you and what have you done with the REAL Russell Kanning?  The REAL Russell would never be advocating for a 'political' party, he's opposed to politics.

This.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 11:05:32 pm »

We don't have to use political means ... in order to have a "political" party. :)
see .... as soon as I advocate engaging  the system ... I get back my small 'l'.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 12:41:43 pm »

I think the idea is great but I must confess I would prefer another name for it, as it sounds way too much like the Free State Project.  What I love about the FSP is that it doesn't advocate running candidates, etc. 

I do like the name, The Liberty Party though, as it's a term that isn't used much and Free/dom seems to be over used.  I think it's easy for people to grasp and I can hear "Candidate Kanning" using the word Liberty often, in his debates, to bring the argument home and get people to grasp the basic concept behind the "Party." 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:42:11 pm by Peacemaker »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 12:59:13 pm »

New hampshire Anarchy/Agorist Party? (NAP)  :P
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

Jitgos

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 02:02:39 pm »

I thought it was a joke at first. If the real Russell Kanning were dead he'd roll over in his grave at thought.  ;D That said, I like the idea Russell!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 02:53:23 pm »

No State Party?
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 07:02:40 pm »

I think the idea is great but I must confess I would prefer another name for it, as it sounds way too much like the Free State Project.  What I love about the FSP is that it doesn't advocate running candidates, etc. 

I do like the name, The Liberty Party though, as it's a term that isn't used much and Free/dom seems to be over used.  I think it's easy for people to grasp and I can hear "Candidate Kanning" using the word Liberty often, in his debates, to bring the argument home and get people to grasp the basic concept behind the "Party." 
I like The Liberty Party too, but the volunteers are really set on using the Free State Party name.
I can also see some of us working the words "free state" into a lot of soundbites also. "Liberty" doesn't roll off the tongue quite as easily.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 07:03:33 pm »

New hampshire Anarchy/Agorist Party? (NAP)  :P
None of the Above Party?

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 07:05:20 pm »

I thought it was a joke at first. If the real Russell Kanning were dead he'd roll over in his grave at thought.  ;D That said, I like the idea Russell!
very cool
we are batting a 1.000 on our target demographic

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 07:15:55 pm »

No State Party?
many of the volunteers have been working tirelessly over the last few years to build up the freestater brand, now it is time to cash in and start getting those campaign checks from large corporations rolling in .... just joking. :)

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 07:26:27 pm »

I like The Liberty Party too, but the volunteers are really set on using the Free State Party name.
I can also see some of us working the words "free state" into a lot of soundbites also. "Liberty" doesn't roll off the tongue quite as easily.

Screw those volunteers!   I don't give a damn what they want!   (JUST KIDDING)....I do like NON OF The Above Party.....or (OPT OUT Party) or how about "The Get Free Party"....

I know those damn good volunteers will do whatever it is they want to, but "If" I could vote, I'd say DON't "rip off" The Free State name due to the natural confusion it will create on a group who's made a point of trying to stay "a" political (of course I realize there are 4 FSPers in the house though).....but on the other hand.. it's still a semi free country....I really couldn't say whether or not it wouldn't be a good thing or not to give birth to this Free State Party Baby.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:45:58 pm by Peacemaker »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 07:44:55 pm »

I know those damn good volunteers will do whatever it is they want to, but "If" I could vote, I'd say DON't "rip off" The Free State name due to the natural confusion it will create on a group who's made a point of trying to stay "a" political
well ... you can start another party and vote there

besides ... it is getting fuzzy ... I am not sure which came first

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 08:54:57 pm »

So even Russell Kanning compromises under the right conditions.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 09:04:35 pm »

compromise?

I think of it as changing my position in order to be more right than before :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up