Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Considering moving earlier than expected  (Read 27401 times)

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
Re: Considering moving earlier than expected
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2008, 10:46:51 pm »

Trailers are a good, inexpensive way to go.  The trick is to find one with low park dues/fees.  Or if you drop your own on a property, make sure the property taxes are low, which can be hard to find.
We'll chat more about it when you get here.
Just get here.
Taxinator
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 12:03:41 pm by Taxinator »
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

Sam A. Robrin

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2008, 07:38:27 am »

It wouldn't be so bad accept I was getting it from work, I am getting it from my friends, and from my family. I just won't allow guilt from a few people I due care about keep me from trying to make a difference for myself, and maybe more than that hopefully.

Looking forwarding to seeing you in NH Sam!

I'm amazed by the level of supportive reactions I've been getting.  I just held my moving sale, and when people asked about my relocation, I gave them the most basic info, and only went into detail when pressed.  Every person I discussed it with agreed that government is too big, and wanted to know more about the FSP.  When I went to drop off unsold items at the thrift store, the attendant discussed New Hampshire without asking my reason for moving--but then she handed me a tax slip, and the issue arose, to her obvious interest.  Something is happening here, and I want to help move it in the proper direction.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2008, 07:47:55 am »

It wouldn't be so bad accept I was getting it from work, I am getting it from my friends, and from my family. I just won't allow guilt from a few people I due care about keep me from trying to make a difference for myself, and maybe more than that hopefully.

Looking forwarding to seeing you in NH Sam!

I'm amazed by the level of supportive reactions I've been getting.  I just held my moving sale, and when people asked about my relocation, I gave them the most basic info, and only went into detail when pressed.  Every person I discussed it with agreed that government is too big, and wanted to know more about the FSP.  When I went to drop off unsold items at the thrift store, the attendant discussed New Hampshire without asking my reason for moving--but then she handed me a tax slip, and the issue arose, to her obvious interest.  Something is happening here, and I want to help move it in the proper direction.

Awesome!  Consider issuing a press release or letter to the editor when you leave explaining your reasons for moving.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2008, 10:13:44 am »

I'm amazed by the level of supportive reactions I've been getting. I just held my moving sale, and when people asked about my relocation, I gave them the most basic info, and only went into detail when pressed. Every person I discussed it with agreed that government is too big, and wanted to know more about the FSP. When I went to drop off unsold items at the thrift store, the attendant discussed New Hampshire without asking my reason for moving--but then she handed me a tax slip, and the issue arose, to her obvious interest. Something is happening here, and I want to help move it in the proper direction.

Reading your post just gave me chills in a good way. This is really awesome. :)
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

coldsoul

• FSP Participant
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2008, 01:33:20 am »

Well I made it over the mountains despite the biggest snow storm to hit the NV/ARI area in 20 years! Guess the weather is just trying to make me work for my freedom to get to NH.

I am currently in a Holiday Inn near the Ari/NM border.

Sam A. Robrin

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2008, 09:05:13 am »

Yesterday, I phoned in to make a last appointment with my doctor before leaving.  When the secretary asked me why I was moving to New Hampshire, of all places, I explained briefly.  Her response was an enthusiastic "Cool!"

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2008, 12:31:29 pm »

Yesterday, I phoned in to make a last appointment with my doctor before leaving. When the secretary asked me why I was moving to New Hampshire, of all places, I explained briefly. Her response was an enthusiastic "Cool!"

I've never understood some folk's attitude about New Hampshire. This whole "of all places" thing. Growing up in New England like I have, New Hampshire was always a place a lot of folk look forward to going to. The White Mountains, the great small towns and cities with their Yankee culture. Especially now with Manchester having become a city folk would actually want to go to instead of drive past!
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up