Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What can i do?  (Read 9452 times)

Frost

Re: What can i do?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 10:58:52 pm »

I am definitely interested. I will have to carefully consider some financial and family issues before i commit to moving.

Frost

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 12:00:10 am »

Some information that would be helpful to me is the size and content of the ads in the appliance repair section of yellow pages in the Manchester/Nashua area. Internet versions of the directories lack information on the size/content of the ads in the physical directories so the best way i can think to obtain this information would be for someone with access to the physical directories to scan and email the pages to me. Suggestions on alternatives to obtain this information or better ways to solicit this favour from members of the forum would be appreciated.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 07:18:48 am »

Some information that would be helpful to me is the size and content of the ads in the appliance repair section of yellow pages in the Manchester/Nashua area. Internet versions of the directories lack information on the size/content of the ads in the physical directories so the best way i can think to obtain this information would be for someone with access to the physical directories to scan and email the pages to me. Suggestions on alternatives to obtain this information or better ways to solicit this favour from members of the forum would be appreciated.
We can find someone to get that for you.

(I don't live in those areas so I don't have those phone books)

djbrabo

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 11:25:08 am »

I like this cause.  I contributed a few dollars but have no intention on moving.  hope it helps and keep on keepin on.

HelmholtzWatson

• Next 1000
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 12:00:15 pm »

I like this cause.  I contributed a few dollars but have no intention on moving.  hope it helps and keep on keepin on.

Thanks for contributing!

Keep NH in mind, though - just in case your state takes a turn for the worse.

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 12:30:41 pm »

Thanks for contributing!

Keep NH in mind, though - just in case your state takes a turn for the worse.

Double this. Thanks for contributing. But there really is no "just in case" your state will take a turn for the worse and I'm betting it has for years. Government is growing with leaps and bounds especially in the past twenty years and with it our freedom dying more and more.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 01:48:00 am »

Thank you!

You can sign up as a friend (and get the newsletter once per month) and there is no promise to move!

djbrabo

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 10:49:40 pm »

Thanks guys!  I agree that Big Government is a problem and will eventually take a turn for the worse.  But my dirty little secret is that I work for a government agency :(... How sad, I know.  I figured the only way to beat em is to work within the system first and do things like fund your project in order to atleast make a few States this way.  I think that diversity in all 50 states is the key... the way it twas intended. 

If this was going on in a warmer state, I would definitely be there.  Just can't do the NH thing. 

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 10:52:47 pm »

Thanks guys!  I agree that Big Government is a problem and will eventually take a turn for the worse.  But my dirty little secret is that I work for a government agency :(... How sad, I know.  I figured the only way to beat em is to work within the system first and do things like fund your project in order to atleast make a few States this way.  I think that diversity in all 50 states is the key... the way it twas intended. 

If this was going on in a warmer state, I would definitely be there.  Just can't do the NH thing. 

We appreciate your support and would love to have you!  :)
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 01:08:58 pm »

Eh, it's not cold after the first winter. :D

UltraSane

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 01:54:55 pm »

Has everyone considered adding a 2nd state somewhere in the south for those who just can't/won't handle the cold? Seems like 2 states going would do more than just 1 state in the long run.

HelmholtzWatson

• Next 1000
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008, 02:31:31 pm »

Has everyone considered adding a 2nd state somewhere in the south for those who just can't/won't handle the cold? Seems like 2 states going would do more than just 1 state in the long run.

well, it's a tough call. our best hope is to concentrate our forces, so having two options would immediately make for less concentration. Plus, i don't know if there are any southern states that are small enough or liberty-leaning enough.

unfortunately, it is true that the cold is a deal-breaker for some potential free-staters... c'est la vie  :'(

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2008, 03:02:55 pm »

Has everyone considered adding a 2nd state somewhere in the south...

There were no southern states considered in the original vote and this was explained on the FSP site. It has to do with the fact that none of them have the conditions necessary for eligibility.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2008, 07:35:08 pm »

There aren't any good candidates for an FSP in the South.  I like having four seasons, but my freedom is more important to me than my comfort anyway.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

freedomroad

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2008, 08:49:30 pm »

There aren't any good candidates for an FSP in the South.  I like having four seasons, but my freedom is more important to me than my comfort anyway.

Yes, this is a good point.  There are no low population states in the South.  TN is the only Southern state with low taxes and it doesn't really have any other notable freedoms (while NH has a small population, low taxes, and many notable freedoms).  20 years or so when we get much more freedom in NH, it's possible that some people will encourage freedom lovers to move to AK, WY, ND, or SD or maybe somewhere else but the South will likely have to wait because all of the states either have lots of people, little freedom, or both.

I moved from TN in September and haven't been seriously bothered by the cold weather yet.  So far, NH has been warmer than my former home around 1 day per week and it hasn't gotten below 10 at night or 18 in the day yet.  I've found that I can enjoy a long walk outside in 15 degree weather without getting cold as long as I wear warm clothes.  I'm sure if I ever experience weather below 15 I'll find a way to make sure I'm not cold in that weather either.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:33:52 pm by sj »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up