Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What about biased block voters?  (Read 2067 times)

Dalamar49

• FSP Participant
  • I smoked out the sheriff and his deputy! : )
What about biased block voters?
« on: April 02, 2003, 07:47:30 pm »

I have been watching the FSP since its inception with pure admiration, but I'm very disturbed by the stradegy of New Hampshire residents joining in mass and invalidating every state, but their own.

Theoretically, 4000 people could join from NH and vote in mass for NH, while forcing whoevers left to abide by their decision.

That scares me most of all; having only several thousand FSP members moving to NH, because FSP has been taken over by NH residents.
Get up, stand up, stand up for your right. Don't give up the fight.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re:What about biased block voters?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 08:19:45 pm »

Theoretically, it could be a problem, but in practice it hasn't, b/c we haven't seen any blocks like that joining yet, not by a long shot.  Check out the numbers posted on this thread:
http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=1523;start=30

And we're considering measures to make absolutely sure this sort of problem won't arise in the future.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Dalamar49

• FSP Participant
  • I smoked out the sheriff and his deputy! : )
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 10:56:17 pm »

Thanks Jason! If my college education continues as planned I think I'll be seeing you in the FreeState.
Get up, stand up, stand up for your right. Don't give up the fight.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 08:03:21 am »

See you there, neighbor. ;)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up