Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Wanted Brewery  (Read 7247 times)

mongo

Help Wanted Brewery
« on: November 10, 2008, 05:46:03 pm »

Looking for an assistant brewer. Would be part time to start, hopefully very soon becoming full time. This is an intern-type position where you would learn how to make beer. There are some fringe benefits. Applicant should be 21 or older, in relatively good physical condition (some time in a vat is required!) and be able to lift 55 pounds over your head without difficulty. Anyone fatter than me is going to have trouble getting their ass out of a metal hatchway. Anyone offended by last sentence best not apply. Successful applicant will have the right to swear at inanimate and animate objects at their leisure. You can open carry if that would make you happier, but your gun will get wet. You should like beer, and be interested in brewing as a career. Please forward to any porcs you want to or think would be interested. The state would prefer non-felons in this position, and they'll check. (They'll take your word for it initially, but they do check)

Call 603 617 2409 or email amused at umich dot edu
In Concord at Manchester Brewing

Cheers,
Mongo
or Kevin will take your call.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 05:48:52 pm by mongo »
"We anarchists have to stick together"
Hunter S. Thompson

GNUJoshua

• Apathy Party - Give me Liberty or don't.
    • Joshua Davis
Re: Help Wanted Brewery
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:43:23 am »

I actually have professional brewing experience but am a very big man... festively plump, as you will...

McBama / Ocain 2008!

So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause.
 - George Lucas

rabbit20

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 01:21:14 am »

I am looking at a career change...and well where i drink my beer...here in CA at BJs restaurant  i can taste the differnece in the beer week to week...does that mean i have a drinking problem...anyway can you email me more info...    rabbit20@gmail.com
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --  Thomas Jefferson
http://pledgebank.com/Next1000
http://nhliberty.org
http://cafepress.com/ridleyreport
http://www.oathkeepers.org

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 03:56:18 am »

My kingdom for bigger metal hatchways!
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

coldsoul

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 06:53:33 am »

I am a big dude (6'2") but I am fairly limber (double jointed) so I might be able to do it, and I really want to work for a liberty oriented boss when I get tin NH in a couple of weeks.

If the position is still open then I will contact you, I don't have any brewing experience, but I have ran a line before (mirror line).

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 07:23:24 am »

Pat I was thinking along these lines and then figured that Mongo would fire me because I don't think I would get much work done.

(You did see the Family guy when they went to the Brewery right?)

TEBON

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 03:10:40 pm »

at first it sounded interesting, I quit drinking 5 years ago so at first I thought this would be perfect in the loss prevention area.  Unfortunately I suppose you have to actually "taste" the beer to make sure it's right.  That part kinda kills it.

Then I saw no fatties, and well, I'm a fat chops.

but I support free stater run beer ops.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 05:28:13 pm »

Pat I was thinking along these lines and then figured that Mongo would fire me because I don't think I would get much work done.

(You did see the Family guy when they went to the Brewery right?)

I have always got a suprising amount of work done while
drinking.

No I missed that family guy episode!

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

mongo

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 07:13:40 pm »

Best if you call or email, as I don't check the board as often as I do email, or voicemail!
"We anarchists have to stick together"
Hunter S. Thompson

George Donnelly

• FSP Participant
  • Moving to NH ... some day?
    • Arm your Mind for Liberty
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 07:18:08 pm »

I'm very interested and am qualified I think, but I won't be in NH till around April. I love beer and want to brew my own (illegal where I am now), so even if you hire someone now maybe we can work something out where I can intern later on?

garthwaited

• Administrator
  • First 1000
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 12:00:41 pm »

Dear Mongo,

I feel I am fully qualified to drink all the beer you may have trouble with at the brewery.

Thanks.
  Dan

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 06:35:06 pm »

Dear Mongo,

I feel I am fully qualified to drink all the beer you may have trouble with at the brewery.

Thanks.
  Dan

I will  vouch for Dans fitness in this area.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 08:05:16 am »

I will  vouch for Dans fitness in this area.
In fact I nominate PatK and myself to work with Dan.  3 votes on the 'fitness' of beer would be very helpful

lloydbob1

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 08:09:30 am »

Too many experts!  Too few openings!

brocksweeney

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 06:29:59 pm »

How about, I'll give pay you to let me work there.  I'm young, healthy, and my life is dedicated to beer.  The following statement sounds hokey, but my life dream is to make beer.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything