Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP Recruiting on Facebook  (Read 79643 times)

Neal Conner

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Republica Neo Hantoniensis
Re: FSP Recruiting on Facebook
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2008, 11:42:56 pm »

Woohoo!  ;D

Congrats on the budget muy grande.

I'll work on some suggestions for an updated landing page (such as multiple high-profile endorsements and popular libertarians who are members.)
"To get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity." – Howard Roark

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2008, 12:36:24 am »

I'll work on some suggestions for an updated landing page (such as multiple high-profile endorsements and popular libertarians who are members.)

What if I just added a link to the endorsements page?  http://www.freestateproject.org/about/endorsements
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2008, 11:28:39 am »

I just shared the link to the Digg post for Will Buchanan's crossing of the state line on my Facebook profile. I encourage everyone to share it and help spread the word, hopefully get more diggs while the video is still young and it has the most potential to go viral on Digg.

http://digg.com/politics/Walking_3_100_miles_for_freedom_the_Walk_For_Liberty

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2008, 01:03:24 pm »

sj, your facebook effort is awesome.  I heard some New Yorkers on the radio the other day, talking about all the new "fees" (taxes) and even the radio DJ was talking about MOVING.    It made me think this would be a super good time to target those in this state as the out of control "Guvment" has even the average person suddenly thinking about moving.    Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:31:43 pm by sj »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Neal Conner

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2009, 04:28:08 pm »

Updates from the facebook front, comrade?
"To get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity." – Howard Roark

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2009, 04:48:25 pm »

Updates from the facebook front, comrade?

Not really.  I should be starting up a new campaign soon (1-2 weeks).  I'm on break and working feverishly to get up to speed with non-school aspects of my life.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2009, 02:37:46 am »

Hey all, we're starting the facebook ads up again!

I've started a new chipin for the next phases of our advertising.  I think Illinois should definitely be one of the next states we hit.

http://fsp.chipin.com/facebook-ads

As with the last chipin, the money will go to my personal paypal account and I will spend it, posting daily results here. 

I haven't forgotten that I have $22.41 left over from the last chipin that has yet to be spent.  I've started a campaign that should launch as soon as it's approved that will spend that money over the next 72 hours advertising in IL and IN.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:31:48 pm by sj »

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2009, 08:27:44 am »

Excellent! I chipped in a few bucks.
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2009, 12:30:23 pm »

Two more friend signups today.  That makes 6 participants and 7 friends so far.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:32:00 pm by sj »

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2009, 12:47:58 pm »

Hey everybody...so I see the interest for this has waned significantly.  I'm going to end the chipin, finish spending the 22.41 left over from the last campaign plus the 15 that turbo just chipped in.  I'll spend the 37.41 on IL and IN advertising.  Thanks for all the help, you guys have been great!

Here's the progress of finishing this up.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:32:04 pm by sj »

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2009, 08:01:23 pm »

Great job Seth. I liked your daily updates and it was great to see tangible positive results. Thanks for doing it.
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

Neal Conner

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2009, 08:18:31 pm »

My interest hasn't waned at all. It's just that I've been busy between semesters, and now finally have time to get back to volunteering.

Closing it down? What happened to the budget from the FSP?

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2009, 08:57:55 pm »

Closing it down? What happened to the budget from the FSP?

That's still on :).  I'll start it soon after this current IL and IN campaign are done.  I just don't want to mix volunteer donations with the FSP funds.  I could handle it, but I don't want any donors to worry that their donation wasn't used for what they donated it for.  I felt an obligation to have a verifiable paper trail for every penny donated to show that it was spent and put to good use, and I thought mixing the donations with FSP funds would cloud that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:32:08 pm by sj »

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2009, 09:10:09 pm »

I'm considering starting a pledgebank thing, where I will pledge to spend $50 on a facebook campaign aimed at my Alma Mater, only if 4 of other people will do the same, and then link to a thread where I give 4 or 5 steps for how to run a successful facebook campaign, and encourage people to post screen shots of their daily results.

It's easy to do and it's a great way for people who want to help but don't know how to get involved.

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2009, 10:01:39 am »

Technically all the FSP's funds are also donations . . .
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up