Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hunters?  (Read 2756 times)

Charlie Burger

Hunters?
« on: February 22, 2009, 01:15:51 am »

How many of the FSP'ers are hunters?? and if so, what do you hunt??

Thanks,
Charlie

D. Stewart

• FSP Participant
Re: Hunters?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 02:41:00 am »

Anything, as long as it is legal, in plentiful supply and tasty.  As when hunting for women, I don't worry much about the size of the rack.

Murkan Mike

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 05:37:07 pm »

I'm not really a free stater yet, I haven't really decided whether or not to move, but I do occasionally listen in, and will be flying to the US next week to attend the liberty forum in Nashua, so I hope I am not out of line in answering the post.

I hunt European Wild boar about 2-3 times a week.  I live in Germany and have my own "jagdrevier', which is somewhat like a hunting lease.  I shoot 35 roe deer a year, foxes, badgers, wild boar, ducks, and I travel to Namibia to hunt animals there about every 4 years.  I travel to america to hunt feral hogs and javelina in Texas, Elk in Colorado and Idaho, and haven't bagged a bear yet, but am still trying.  One of the added benefits of moving to NH is to also try and get a Moose, and possibly a bear.

Is the hunting good in NH?

Murkan Mike

Charlie Burger

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 11:24:23 pm »

I've always wanted to hunt hogs, just haven't been able to. Do you run dogs on them?? I am not a freestater eithe,r I live in Nevada, I'd imagine the bear hunting in NH to be pretty good. Depends your hunting methods I guess. I wish I could go to the liberty forum, but the funds are not there, total buzzkill. Bottom line, I agree with Donald's post 100%

Murkan Mike

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 10:54:14 am »

We hunt wild boar (sus scrofa) over bait or wait until they come into the fields rooting for food and shoot them there.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 03:15:20 pm »

Is the hunting good in NH?

Hunting is a traditional past time in New Hampshire.

I'm not much of a hunter yet, but I want to learn.  I hunted a few times with my granddad and always enjoyed it.  Maybe someday I can even hunt a New Hampshire moose!
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 03:29:20 pm »

The hunting folks are quite active politically. They are one of those groups that, when the inevitable bill comes down the pipeline to restrict their freedoms, they show up in strong numbers... and get those bills killed.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 03:30:40 pm »

The hunting folks are quite active politically. They are one of those groups that, when the inevitable bill comes down the pipeline to restrict their freedoms, they show up in strong numbers... and get those bills killed.

We just have to make sure that they don't fall for any "oh, we'll restrict other guns, but not your hunting guns, if you support us" gimmicks.  They seem to be a bit more immune to that, here, compared to elsewhere (another reason NH is great).

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

motoracer51

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 07:17:10 pm »

We just have to make sure that they don't fall for any "oh, we'll restrict other guns, but not your hunting guns, if you support us" gimmicks.  They seem to be a bit more immune to that, here, compared to elsewhere (another reason NH is great).

Joe

That's great that NH won't put up with crazy legislation, namely an AWB, but when you have the worst enemies of the 2nd Amendment elected/appointed, we're in for trouble I recon.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 07:47:10 pm »

The good news is that many Dems are Pro 2ndA  in the NH House/Senate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up