Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stand up for gun rights and stand against drug war prosecutions in NH!  (Read 13554 times)

Project 007

Sorry if this sounds like trolling or e-campaigning, but I'm an average citizen who's had enough of the Government's crap. My friend recently had his guns seized by police because of a clause in the unconstitutional violence against womens act, which allows the government to just up and seize a person's property while placing restrictions on their constitutional rights to travel, speech and self defense all on the unsubstantiated word of an angry ex girlfriend. The anti-gun media has recently gone nuts on him too after they exploited what should have been a personal tragedy and accident and spun it into a nonsense crime drama, even though the courts dismissed the case. He's not quite a libertarian, but rather an independent as is the New Hampshire way and he's sick of the way things are being run. With pot possession cases costing the state ungodly amounts of money and the Constitution being eroded before our eyes, we've had enough!

When he registered to vote, he noticed that in Hillsboro country, the office of County Attorney has only two choices. Democrat and Republican and the worst part is...its the same person. Not only are third parties not represented, the options between the two literally are no options at all! The incumbent is running under both neocon party titles! So my friend has started a write in campaign to see to it that a real citizen who knows the differences between bullshit and justice and those between partisan politics and basic liberty takes office and shows this state that we truly are a government of the people. If anyone wants to help him, write in Nicholas M. Goroff for Hillsboro County Attorney when you go to vote and tell Wageling that its bad enough to be in one of the mainstream parties, let alone both of them at the same time.

Michael J Shaffer

• FSP Participant
Re: Stand up for gun rights and stand against drug war prosecutions in NH!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:35:32 pm »

Wel come Project 007..
  Most people have never had to deal with Domestic Violence... but as a former Security Officer posted in a Government Gulag (Government Housing Project) I've seen what you describe time and again. Somehow the Constitutional protections a citizen needs are disarmed when accused of Domestic Violence. Abuse of anyone is wrong, of course, but I've personally seen Guys railroaded on no evidence but another persons word. And, in case anyone has forgotten, where do they get the funding for the Domestic Violence Program in NH? From the proceeds of selling Government Marriage Licenses! Where I'm from, if you are convicted of Domestic Violence, you forfeit your Right To Bear Arms.

Live Free Or Die!

Michael
"Be friendly to liberty, neutral to all else."--A Wise Lady

Project 007

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 08:52:41 pm »

Seems when feel good legislation is leveled against social problems, it doesn't matter which amendments go into the memory hole. 1st, 2nd, 4th and 14th are the ones that come to mind, but no mind to them. No doubt that domestic violence is a problem that needs to be addressed, but it seems that simply slapping a nice name on a bad idea is enough for some people regardless of how badly is screws other people over.

I really feel bad for the bastard. He had a really nice pistol and I guess he only gets to see his kid a few times a month. I think he'll probably lawyer up and challenge it as he's one of those "never let die" types, hence the campaign for county attorney. I personally hope he makes it.

Michael J Shaffer

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 09:36:36 pm »

Project 007..

Please keep us up to date on this situation.

Michael
"Be friendly to liberty, neutral to all else."--A Wise Lady

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 10:20:24 pm »

Good luck to both of you.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Project 007

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 10:47:02 pm »

Thanks brother. If you live in NH, make sure to tell anyone in the Hillsboro county area that you know to write in Nicholas M. Goroff for County Attorney. With enough write ins, we could really win this and send the NH legislature a message that there are citizens willing to stand up and take charge of the way in which they are governed.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 09:41:54 pm »

Thanks brother. If you live in NH, make sure to tell anyone in the Hillsboro county area that you know to write in Nicholas M. Goroff for County Attorney. With enough write ins, we could really win this and send the NH legislature a message that there are citizens willing to stand up and take charge of the way in which they are governed.
Might want to post over at nhliberty.org

Gubament_is_one_huge_scam

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 10:10:08 pm »

Good luck. I have recently had some experience in this area, fortunately not nearly as extreme. My wife has threatened me in the past when we were having a verbal argument (neither of us hit) that she would "call the cops on me and then I would see what would happen" (this was because I left a party early because she was making a scene because of the pants I chose to wear and said I was not coming back).

Well we all know that when a women says something like that she's not going to politely offer the police a cup of tea and say have a nice night. What it means is "I will have you violently removed from your own home against your own will by men with mace, and billy clubs, and guns, and handcuffs."

A second time this happened and we were both yelling loudly and I called her a very bad name so felt guilty even though she was the one at that point that started picking up things and smashing them against the floors and walls, including 5 pound weights. She made the same threat so I decided to leave of my own accord.

A third incident happened very recently, I was completely calm and did not raise my voice at all, she was yelling at me while I was trying to drive so I told her to apologize to me and calm down or I will have to drive back home (we were going to a store she wanted to go to). We got about 1/2 hour walk from my house and my wife opened the door and said the "I'll call the police and you will see what will happen". So what i did was call them myself when I got home, I explained the history (the cop was very impatient with me) and I asked him "so what she can just call you and I get taken away because of what she says? He said no call had been made yet, I said she is not home yet. He suggested I try to work it out when she comes home. and I said "if that doesn't work what is it, a race to the phone to see who calls first? He laughed and said pretty much.

Well she came home and cranked the music and started screaming, etc, telling me to leave, etc. I said she could leave if she wants but I'm not. Shes the one acting up. I also had the local police number pre-programed in my cell. She picked up her phone and said "i'm calling my brother and then calling the police". So right then I called the police and reported my wife was out of control, she had been yelling and screaming, cranking the music, acting eratically and I didn't feel safe and wanted her removed from my house.

The cops, rather 1 cop, shows up. I let him in. I give him a brief report then he tells me we need to wait so the 2nd officer can arrive and each officer can get stories indpendenly. I said I understood. The second cop showed up. He was outside. The cop inside asked me to step outside with him and I told him that I am the one that called for help, I was the one to made be felt unsafe, I am in my home and I called to make the report and I think she should be the one to go outside to give her report. Well the cop repeated his request a few times and I repeated my objections. At that point he changed his entired demeanor and yelled "Now I'm TELLING YOU TO STEP OUTSIDE WITH ME" I know something about the law and realized he was giving me an order so I complied. I continued to opject and say that I did not feel as though he had any reasonable grounds to have me be the one to go outside. He said "BECAUSE i TOLD YOU TO". I told him that is not a rational reason. He said "because you were standing and had your shoes on".

So I tell my story, she tells hers (thank goodness she didn't lie) and the cop comes out and said basically she said the same thing, they were having a disagreement about who should apologize first, basically she wants them both to stay there that evening and work it out. I told them "I agree to that so long as the work it out part does not include going to that store tonight. He said some shit about not being a counselor. I told him you would be getting another call if she tries to create an argument about going to that store that night.

The funny thing is My mother agreed with my actions "She can't think she can just call and say that whenever she wants" and my father disagreed said I should always leave whenever there is an argument.

I thought about filing some type of complaint with the police station because if my wife was standing and i was sitting he would still tell me to go outside and I think that is to get the man closer to the cop car in the event of an arrest, which is almost always the male. I would also like to complain about how he yelled at me like a child without any reason, a judgement call could have very easily been made that my wife goes outside, especially since I am the one called reporting that I felt unsafe by her behavior, and because there was a documented call by me about 1/2 hour earlier that my wife made a threat against me to use the police to bully me

I know nothing will really happen to the cop for doing this stuff, but I would like it to go on his record in the event that a pattern of behavior emerges.

And I know my wife will never ever threaten to call the police on me again. That is simply a threat of violence by the woman towards the man (via the police forcing the man to leave if he doesn't leave when told- but who the hell is gonna leave their house when told- unless it is by the cops and not some random stranger?)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 10:17:29 pm by Gubament_is_one_huge_scam »

tito887

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 09:55:11 am »

Good luck. I have recently had some experience in this area, fortunately not nearly as extreme. My wife has threatened me in the past when we were having a verbal argument (neither of us hit) that she would "call the cops on me and then I would see what would happen" (this was because I left a party early because she was making a scene because of the pants I chose to wear and said I was not coming back).

Well we all know that when a women says something like that she's not going to politely offer the police a cup of tea and say have a nice night. What it means is "I will have you violently removed from your own home against your own will by men with mace, and billy clubs, and guns, and handcuffs."

A second time this happened and we were both yelling loudly and I called her a very bad name so felt guilty even though she was the one at that point that started picking up things and smashing them against the floors and walls, including 5 pound weights. She made the same threat so I decided to leave of my own accord.

A third incident happened very recently, I was completely calm and did not raise my voice at all, she was yelling at me while I was trying to drive so I told her to apologize to me and calm down or I will have to drive back home (we were going to a store she wanted to go to). We got about 1/2 hour walk from my house and my wife opened the door and said the "I'll call the police and you will see what will happen". So what i did was call them myself when I got home, I explained the history (the cop was very impatient with me) and I asked him "so what she can just call you and I get taken away because of what she says? He said no call had been made yet, I said she is not home yet. He suggested I try to work it out when she comes home. and I said "if that doesn't work what is it, a race to the phone to see who calls first? He laughed and said pretty much.

Well she came home and cranked the music and started screaming, etc, telling me to leave, etc. I said she could leave if she wants but I'm not. Shes the one acting up. I also had the local police number pre-programed in my cell. She picked up her phone and said "i'm calling my brother and then calling the police". So right then I called the police and reported my wife was out of control, she had been yelling and screaming, cranking the music, acting eratically and I didn't feel safe and wanted her removed from my house.

The cops, rather 1 cop, shows up. I let him in. I give him a brief report then he tells me we need to wait so the 2nd officer can arrive and each officer can get stories indpendenly. I said I understood. The second cop showed up. He was outside. The cop inside asked me to step outside with him and I told him that I am the one that called for help, I was the one to made be felt unsafe, I am in my home and I called to make the report and I think she should be the one to go outside to give her report. Well the cop repeated his request a few times and I repeated my objections. At that point he changed his entired demeanor and yelled "Now I'm TELLING YOU TO STEP OUTSIDE WITH ME" I know something about the law and realized he was giving me an order so I complied. I continued to opject and say that I did not feel as though he had any reasonable grounds to have me be the one to go outside. He said "BECAUSE i TOLD YOU TO". I told him that is not a rational reason. He said "because you were standing and had your shoes on".

So I tell my story, she tells hers (thank goodness she didn't lie) and the cop comes out and said basically she said the same thing, they were having a disagreement about who should apologize first, basically she wants them both to stay there that evening and work it out. I told them "I agree to that so long as the work it out part does not include going to that store tonight. He said some shit about not being a counselor. I told him you would be getting another call if she tries to create an argument about going to that store that night.

The funny thing is My mother agreed with my actions "She can't think she can just call and say that whenever she wants" and my father disagreed said I should always leave whenever there is an argument.

I thought about filing some type of complaint with the police station because if my wife was standing and i was sitting he would still tell me to go outside and I think that is to get the man closer to the cop car in the event of an arrest, which is almost always the male. I would also like to complain about how he yelled at me like a child without any reason, a judgement call could have very easily been made that my wife goes outside, especially since I am the one called reporting that I felt unsafe by her behavior, and because there was a documented call by me about 1/2 hour earlier that my wife made a threat against me to use the police to bully me

I know nothing will really happen to the cop for doing this stuff, but I would like it to go on his record in the event that a pattern of behavior emerges.

And I know my wife will never ever threaten to call the police on me again. That is simply a threat of violence by the woman towards the man (via the police forcing the man to leave if he doesn't leave when told- but who the hell is gonna leave their house when told- unless it is by the cops and not some random stranger?)

And your still with this women? You deserve better. Not knowing any of your history. If you have a partner that is repeatedly threatening to call men with guns after you. I say it's time to pack it up and leave.

erinyay

• Oh gosh
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 10:07:13 am »

And your still with this women? You deserve better. Not knowing any of your history. If you have a partner that is repeatedly threatening to call men with guns after you. I say it's time to pack it up and leave.

I'd agree, but his life, his choices.

This behavior is a symptom of living in a nanny state; children who threaten to call CPS when punished or accuse a teacher of improper conduct when graded poorly, etc. Remove those external forces that control how we live and raise our families, and you still have the person's disrespect to deal with, but at least you needn't worry about doing it from behind bars.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 02:45:49 pm »

Run! You should have left her after the first threat. Don't worry about the house or the car or the cd collection. Just get out.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up