Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning Questions  (Read 6618 times)

jdavidb

• I'm a llama!
Re:Burning Questions
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2003, 02:19:45 pm »

That's where the matter of personal choice comes in. Making the ones you can live with.   Ultimately YOU have to live with them, no one else.

Some people may have a hard time living with their decision to not defend the baby.

The baby certainly has a hard time living with it.  :-\

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2003, 03:46:08 am »

Regarding the specific issue of abortion, the entire argument is over whether it is murder or simply a surgical procedure like removing a tumor.  No matter how you stand on the issue, it clearly is a matter for each individual state to decide; murder is not a federal crime.  I personally do think that abortion should be illegal because I can't see how an act that would be murder on Wednesday is only surgery on Tuesday.  I doubt if the majority of FSP members would agree.

not to focus on abortion specifically, BUT...
regarding an act being murder on Wednesday but surgery on tuesday disregards the fact that as time passes, the world changes.  How can it be illegal on tuesday to drink alcohol, but legal on wednesday (your 21st birthday) for you to go out and get soused?  As time passes, things change, an egg an ovum unite, the split - many times, they start to become a distinct form and take on specific characteristics, and finally... a baby is born.  So the real question is not whether or not abortion is murder or a surgical proceedure, but rather WHEN it is one or the other.  Murder has to have a human being as a victim, so WHEN do a sperm and egg become a 'human'?  Both sides agree that murder is wrong... its in the definition of a human being where the problem lies... and will continue to lie for years/centuries to come...

BTW: in regards to original poster
hmmm, considering the views you typed, I don't see how exactly you would be attracted to the FSP... perhaps you could understand the concepts of what exactly the freedom is that we all desire, but, not in the time that would be required for you to pick up and move to new Hamshire and become an evangelistic activist of liberty.... I do hope you continue to ask questions and try to understand the answers you receive... if nothing else, it might be entertaining to you, at best, you might discover you have a hidden libertarian streak in you somewhere!

michael
michael
nothing to say...

ProteusLizz

• imma whaaa????
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2003, 09:43:36 am »

That's where the matter of personal choice comes in. Making the ones you can live with.   Ultimately YOU have to live with them, no one else.

Some people may have a hard time living with their decision to not defend the baby.

The baby certainly has a hard time living with it.  :-\

And this is why I believe abortion should NEVER be voted on.  The only part I will agree on is the manner in which the procedure is done.  The medical community has their own course of action to deal with those who do not follow guidelines.  Abortion shouldn't be on the law books as legal OR illegal, its a personal choice and should remain so.
I love my country but fear my government-a bumper sticker :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up