Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is the cheapest place I could rent a house on a lake or pond?  (Read 2534 times)

shutdownthefed

I would like to live right on a lake or pond so I could use a row boat whenever I want. Can anyone suggest some places where I could rent a house? Also, would I need to get a boating liscense or anything, or can I just row out there whenever I want? Are there any ponds or lakes in Manchester or right outside Manchester? Every place I have ever lived is always backed right up to other peoples houses, so I want to try to have nature as my backyard. Peace everyone

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: Where is the cheapest place I could rent a house on a lake or pond?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 03:47:09 pm »

I'm on twelve acres of wooded area in Seabrook, but Ron Helwig out in Deerfield is on an area just as large, and he has both a lake and a small dock to park your boat.  I'm not sure that it would hold a very large vessel, but you may even be able to put a living area there.  It's a beautiful area in a nice, small town, and there are quite a few Ron Paul supporters out there--about the same as Searbrook, IIRC.

Most of the porc manors are up on porcmanor.com and people are pretty reasonable.  I ask $600 a month for the master bedroom, but you could get it for $500 as a porc if you will sign a lease on put up first and last.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 06:08:59 pm »

I would like to live right on a lake or pond so I could use a row boat whenever I want. Can anyone suggest some places where I could rent a house? Also, would I need to get a boating liscense or anything, or can I just row out there whenever I want? Are there any ponds or lakes in Manchester or right outside Manchester? Every place I have ever lived is always backed right up to other peoples houses, so I want to try to have nature as my backyard. Peace everyone

Yes, there are lakes and ponds in/near Manchester, with many boats on them.  I don't believe you need a license.
The Lakes Region is full of small places, but don't limit yourself to there... most of NH has plenty of places as you describe.  I live near (up the road, a dirt road, wild turkeys and deer and more...) a medium sized pond, plenty of good fishing, and I know there are places for sale right on the pond itself, sitting on the market for at least a year now... yet this is far from the middle of nowhere, it's only 15 minutes or less to Concord.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 11:19:13 pm »

As I recall, there were quite a few people talking about just buying a boat and living on the water out here in Seabrook.  It turned out to be fairly inexpensive, but I wonder if that boat would be too cold in the winter time.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 07:36:59 am »

There are loads and loads of waterfront properties available. I avoided them because the taxes, valuations and restrictions on use are higher than on other property. I found 5 acres with a view of only trees. it is my heaven.
Pages: [1]   Go Up