Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need for postal carriers in Seabrook and other areas  (Read 6201 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Need for postal carriers in Seabrook and other areas
« on: October 08, 2008, 01:17:13 pm »

The USPS now has a streamlined application process for all employment opportunities (including temporary holiday help).

Go to: www.usps.com/employment

They even have temp jobs for the busy holiday season.  I know that they're still looking for rural carriers in Seabrook for $13.05/hour.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: Need for postal carriers in Seabrook and other areas
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 06:02:30 pm »

Great find, Max.  Thanks for posting.

Post Office jobs around the holidays pay well and are a good way to ease into a new place.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 06:45:53 pm »

Drug test?

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 06:58:56 pm »

Dude, they have products at Muscle Max that can take care of that.  You can't really afford drugs with the economy being what it is, now, anyway.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 07:12:10 pm »

Dude, they have products at Muscle Max that can take care of that.  You can't really afford drugs with the economy being what it is, now, anyway.

I’m guessing an awful lot of people here won’t submit to a drug test regardless of whether or not they use drugs, on principle.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 07:22:44 pm »

Don't take up work in the maritime field, then.  Companies know that drug tests narrow down your potential workforce, but you lose some privacy advocates along with drug users.  Some drug users make for poor renters and terrible workers.  Some just steal to feed their habits, and don't give a rip about anything.  Or, to be more blunt, many folks who don't give a rip also use drugs.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 07:38:44 pm »

Don't take up work in the maritime field, then.  Companies know that drug tests narrow down your potential workforce, but you lose some privacy advocates along with drug users.  Some drug users make for poor renters and terrible workers.  Some just steal to feed their habits, and don't give a rip about anything.  Or, to be more blunt, many folks who don't give a rip also use drugs.

Yeah, I’m aware that some people engage in collectivist-thinking fallacies. ;D

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 07:44:31 pm »

I’m guessing an awful lot of people here won’t submit to a drug test regardless of whether or not they use drugs, on principle.

What principle would that be?  It's voluntary. *shrugs*
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 07:45:53 pm »

It's easier for companies to generalize groups of people based on what they people enter on some standard form.  This is one thing I don't like about corporate bureaucracies.  If you're implying that I make a lot of generalizations, it's because I type out posts quickly and am just trying to get the general idea out quickly.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 08:08:50 pm »

What principle would that be?  It's voluntary. *shrugs*

Sure it is. And some people value their privacy or dignity more than potential employment.

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
    • K. Darien Freeheart's Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 12:20:17 am »

My hangup would be the whole "government monopoly enforced by violence" thing. But I suppose "mail roads" are provisioned in the Constitution, and some argue that there's an implied "government runs post" thing there?

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 02:43:40 pm »

One little mistake by the Framers.  The USPS was sort of privatized, at least on paper, a few years ago.  However, I don't really see it as having changed much.  They're a bit less bureaucratic, and they do hire temp workers during the holidays, now, but it's still a state-protected monopoly that legally owns YOUR mailbox.

At least, that's how it's been explained to me.

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 02:54:13 pm »

They're a government corporation just like Amtrak.

Also like Amtrak, they've got a branch of their company that can send men with guns out and hurt you.

In a comparison between a municipality and a Wal-Mart, on that aspect they resemble government much more than a private company. :)

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 10:33:45 pm »

I think that Wal*Mart is starting to look more and more like a government operation and less like a private company.  It's not just the corporate welfare, but how aggressively they lobby for special tax exemptions, services, and road improvements, all paid for by homeowners and small competitors.

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 05:21:36 pm »

Yes, but they save me a ton of money and that goes into liberty-things, so it all balances out.

Tounge-in-cheek and all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up