Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: NH living requirements  (Read 11510 times)

rubing

Re: NH living requirements
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2008, 11:41:54 am »

I'm sorry V, it was reasonable.  but from a sales point of view, citizen really hit the right note.  he didn't put any pressure on me and didn't ask for anything more than i'd feel comfortable doing.  I think that's a more enticing approach for a movement like this.  Otherwise it comes off as too cultish.  Just let people come down check it out and feel free to join in.  Free as in freedom!

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »

I'm sorry V, it was reasonable.  but from a sales point of view, citizen really hit the right note.  he didn't put any pressure on me and didn't ask for anything more than i'd feel comfortable doing.  I think that's a more enticing approach for a movement like this.  Otherwise it comes off as too cultish.  Just let people come down check it out and feel free to join in.  Free as in freedom!

Well, this is the same thing I was trying to tell you. Come visit for a week, and make sure you check out Taproom Tuesday (alternate link on another forum) in Manchester. Keene has a similar weekly get-together called Social Sundays, and I think the seacoast has one on Thursdays.

JC

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2008, 02:36:52 pm »

I lived in Brazil for two years.  There are ugly and pretty girls there just like anywhere else..  What you see on TV and in print media and on the internet doesn't give you a representative  view I would guess.  I'm sure that you can find fornication anywhere you look for it.  That supposes that people would even want to fornicate with you. 

Joining the FSP is all voluntary indeed.  Our attitudes about dedication to the cause don't change the fact that our organization isn't compulsory.  Some would even argue that there isn't even an organization per se.  Follow your heart and fornicate in Brazil.  We will accomplish our goals with or without you. 

rubing

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2008, 09:19:43 am »

i would come to NH and fornicate with your wives, but you guys all carry guns.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2008, 11:34:29 am »

i would come to NH and fornicate with your wives, but you guys all carry guns.

A) Presuming rape was not involved, us having guns would be immaterial, since shooting you over a consensual act would be an initiation of force.

B) There are plenty of single women in NH.

C) Not all of us are even vaguely monogamous.  Of course, those of us who are non-monogamous tend to have very high standards...

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

rubing

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2008, 07:01:25 pm »

it's not immaterial to a crime of passion, unless you are lacking that  >:D

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2008, 01:32:19 pm »

it's not immaterial to a crime of passion, unless you are lacking that  >:D

A) Adults do not allow their emotions to overwhelm their rationality.

B) and C) wouldn't even have that as an issue.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2008, 04:16:51 pm »

A) Adults do not allow their emotions to overwhelm their rationality.

And thus I think we’ve discovered the communication failure we’re all having with rubing here… ;D

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
    • K. Darien Freeheart's Facebook
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2008, 06:01:41 pm »

Having seen some of the statistics and moving trends, the "every warm body counts" theory might not be too far off.

Move, don't vote to increase the size of government (and don't encourage others to do so) and you're probably more of an assist to liberty than most people. Of course, you could go even further and buy your beer from Murphy's Taproom or Vendetta, two places known to support liberty in some way other than just 'doing their duty' and casting ballots. You could also AMP Free Talk Live or become a Liberty Conspiracy Co-Conspirator. You could put a Free State Project bumpersticker on your car.

Activism doesn't just mean civil disobedience, it simply means being active. You're gonna be active anyway, might as well direct that activity towards pro-freedom things when doing so doesn't really change the life you want to live anyway.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2008, 07:31:12 pm »

Having seen some of the statistics and moving trends, the "every warm body counts" theory might not be too far off.

Move, don't vote to increase the size of government (and don't encourage others to do so) and you're probably more of an assist to liberty than most people. Of course, you could go even further and buy your beer from Murphy's Taproom or Vendetta, two places known to support liberty in some way other than just 'doing their duty' and casting ballots. You could also AMP Free Talk Live or become a Liberty Conspiracy Co-Conspirator. You could put a Free State Project bumpersticker on your car.

Activism doesn't just mean civil disobedience, it simply means being active. You're gonna be active anyway, might as well direct that activity towards pro-freedom things when doing so doesn't really change the life you want to live anyway.

Heh, true. If I recall correctly, by the NHLA rating standards, a state rep who doesn’t vote at all on any bills is actually something like 15% on the pro-liberty side of the curve. Similar could probably be said for ordinary citizens who don’t vote.

rubing

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2008, 04:36:20 pm »

Free talk live Loves me.  Every time I call they keep me on forever!!!

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2008, 12:54:59 am »

Free talk live Loves me.  Every time I call they keep me on forever!!!

Are you "Lou from FL?"
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

rubing

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2008, 04:57:13 pm »

You're strange man.  I don't usually insult people, say nasty things about them, and then expect them to want to talk to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up