Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP and Free Talk Live connection  (Read 18053 times)

John Edward Mercier

• Native
Re: FSP and Free Talk Live connection
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 06:51:06 am »

Lew Rockwell is Catholic
which is why I'm proud to be one 8)
And why I'm ashamed.

What if I don't want to pay for keeping the crack dealers in jail and stop paying property taxes in protest - what should happen to me?  Should I also go to jail?  What if I refuse to go?  Will you support the police killing or hurting me?

Property tax is the most fair (still not fair) form of taxes.  If you want really low property taxes you should vote with you feet and move out of Keene :)
Property taxes being used to support federal prison?
Wonder if he can file to be a 501C(3)?

magentarose

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 02:00:58 pm »

Magenta,

Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for supporting marijuana users being left alone.

Now, here are some questions:

Should MDMA (ecstasy) users and dealers be put in jail?

What if I don't want to pay for keeping the crack dealers in jail and stop paying property taxes in protest - what should happen to me?  Should I also go to jail?  What if I refuse to go?  Will you support the police killing or hurting me?

Thanks for the welcome. I really don't know too much about MDMA, but I believe that the legality of drugs should be on a state by state basis and not federally.

There are more productive ways of protest than not paying taxes. You would go to prison whether I agreed with it or not. There is a preacher that I'm very fond of that is in prison right now because he didn't pay his taxes. His name is Dr. Hovind and his website is drdino.com and he didn't believe in paying taxes. I'm terribly upset that he's in prison even though I don't agree with a some of what he says (though his science is right on the mark), and I most likely would be upset if you put yourself in that same situation.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 02:12:39 pm »

(though his science is right on the mark)

"Ken Hovind" and "science" really don't belong in the same sentence ;)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 02:32:45 pm »

upset enough to not fund or support the government?

I love that guy.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

lastlady

• FSP Participant
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 02:51:54 pm »

I think the only people who should be imprisoned are those who have murdered, raped,  or committed any kind of an assault on another human being.

Ferg

• FSP Participant
    • Pelican Institute for Public Policy
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 04:50:51 pm »

Whether or not one agrees with Hovind's view on history, we must agree that he was staunchly motivated to be a moral person, and he did not intend to harm anyone. He simply believed that the income tax is immoral, and he had no desire to give his labor to an evil federal government.

His experience woke me up somewhat because I have watched many of his lectures and debates, and I could hardly believe that a man of his nature would be humiliated in the manner that he was and continues to be. The individuals that possess power are not afraid to kill people and ruin the lives of others in order to preserve their authority.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:30:30 pm by Ferg »

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2008, 10:40:36 am »

“Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s”

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2008, 12:29:31 pm »

Lew Rockwell is Catholic
which is why I'm proud to be one 8)
And why I'm ashamed.

Ashamed of me being a proud Catholic, you being Catholic, Lew being Catholic or all of the above?

Ferg

• FSP Participant
    • Pelican Institute for Public Policy
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2008, 04:06:29 pm »

“Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s”

I think we're all familiar with the ongoing debate about the the constitutionality and legality of a tax on one's labor. Hence, it is not Caesar's.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:31:08 pm by Ferg »

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2008, 04:40:47 pm »

I think we're all familiar with the ongoing debate about the the constitutionality and legality of a tax on one's labor. Hence, it is not Ceasar's.

The fundamental problem--and I wish tax protestors would wake up and smell the coffee--is that the U.S. income tax is both constitutional and legal.
Whether it's right that the income tax is constitutional or legal is a totally different question. On that, I think most of us are in agreement.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2008, 04:45:41 pm »

I think we're all familiar with the ongoing debate about the the constitutionality and legality of a tax on one's labor. Hence, it is not Ceasar's.

The fundamental problem--and I wish tax protestors would wake up and smell the coffee--is that the U.S. income tax is both constitutional and legal.
Whether it's right that the income tax is constitutional or legal is a totally different question. On that, I think most of us are in agreement.

Yeah, they're arguing about the wrong question.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

lastlady

• FSP Participant
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2008, 05:50:00 pm »

Really? Well if you can show the law and prove that you will get a lot of money. Contact We The people Foundation and just show them the law and bingo you've earned a quick 100 Grand!

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2008, 06:15:23 pm »

Really? Well if you can show the law and prove that you will get a lot of money. Contact We The people Foundation and just show them the law and bingo you've earned a quick 100 Grand!

I doubt they'd pay me $100K for telling them to look at section one of the Internal Revenue Code.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Michael J Shaffer

• FSP Participant
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2008, 06:44:27 pm »

Magentarose....

Just wanted to say Hi and comment on the treatment you got on the other board. I'm a Free Stater from Georgia with plans to move to NH by the end of the year (Maybe sooner!). Anyway, discussion is a great way to polish ones ideas on morality, justice, and personal integrity. The "Free State of Mind" requires some rethinking on a lot of issues. After all, most all of us are products of our upbringing, the public school system, and our personal life experiences. I have found that some ideas expressed here take a little time to "wrap your head around", and many here are very good at helping a person sort out the conflicting ideas everybody has in this adventure of "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness." But, in expressing your current points of view, no one should be subjected to name calling (Scum, Nazi,) as was done to you. To me someone who resorts to that behavior lacks a strong, debatable  understanding of what he believes. Thank you for posting and I look forward to more!

Welcome,

Michael
"Be friendly to liberty, neutral to all else."--A Wise Lady

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2008, 06:51:54 pm »

After listening to yesterday's FTL, I'm not entirely sure I want to be associated with the show.  Ian basically came right out and said he thought infanticide is acceptable because a person that can't take care of themselves is like a flea or a tick and he "doesn't care what science has to say" on the matter.  Perhaps this is where libertarians get the wrap of being selfish and immature.  I classify that as downright evil.  So much for the non-aggression principle.  Ian also got really upset and emotional about the whole thing and didn't seem to be reasoning at all.   

MJS (post right above this one), excellent post.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:36:59 pm by sjhipple »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up