Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Airport in Manchester  (Read 5679 times)

Ren

Airport in Manchester
« on: September 03, 2008, 02:10:42 am »

Is the airport in Manchester a major carrier or do I have to go to Boston airport to travel from Calif to New Hampshire?

Ren

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Airport in Manchester
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 06:33:06 am »

The best way to get to California from NH is on Southwest Airlines in Manchester. :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Ren

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 09:56:16 am »

Thanks...

The reason I bought it up is because I noticed a lot of people saying they needed to go to Logan Airport, so I assumed it was because service through Manchester is limited.

Is that why?  Maybe it is because flights are more expensive through Manchester than Logan.

Anyone know?

Ren

natf

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 10:16:50 am »

Manchester is a second tier airport, so it has less direct flights.  With the exception of some popular tourist destinations (Florida, Vegas) flights from MHT are to the major hubs.  That means you usually have to change planes to get from MHT to your final destination.  Logan has a lot more direct flights.  As far as the price of flights I've found that Manchester is very close in price but often slightly more expensive.  Almost always the Manchester flight was less than $50 more expensive but sometimes the Logan flight was $100 cheaper or more.  A few times the Manchester flight was cheaper.

-Nat

Ren

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 10:26:29 am »

Thanks...

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 11:43:27 am »

I will spend any extra to fly out of and into Manchester rather than Logan. Manchester is easy to get into and out of. The parking is reasonable. None of the tremendous hassles of Logan.

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 01:05:24 pm »

Logan is just one big hellhole to have to navigate. Worst airport I've been to and I've been to a lot.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 01:28:13 pm »

I Fly SWA .... because they are cheap ... on time ... fly out of Manchester ... and don't fly their planes into buildings.

Manchester doesn't have every airline available. But the lines are not as bad ... the parking is a breeze ... and cheaper ... and the TSA is not quite as bad as Boston.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 03:13:50 pm »

If you do need a ride from Logan, I am able to pick folks up from my house in Seabrook, which is about a 40 minute drive from my house.  Just use the Porc 411 number or PM me.  If you can't reach me that way, just call me at 603 264 5777 and I'll grab you if I can.  
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Ren

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 04:14:17 pm »

thanks everyone...

ren

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 05:22:58 pm »

I  have flown out of Logan several times.  Primarily because Manchester did not offer a direct flight to
were I was going.  I parked for free in Portsmouth, and took the bus. It was door to door service.
I've never experience any problems.
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 07:27:21 pm »

I will spend any extra to fly out of and into Manchester rather than Logan. Manchester is easy to get into and out of. The parking is reasonable. None of the tremendous hassles of Logan.

You can take a bus from Manchester, Concord, or Nashua, directly to Logan Airport, and back, for about $20.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 07:30:32 pm »

In the past year I have found cheaper flights from MHT than BOS.
True they are not direct... but cheaper and less hassle, cheaper parking, nice airport and I don't have to go to MA.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 01:48:47 pm »

In the past year I have found cheaper flights from MHT than BOS.
True they are not direct... but cheaper and less hassle, cheaper parking, nice airport and I don't have to go to MA.

That's generally my experience too. It doesn't hurt to check for cheaper flights in Boston, of course, but it's hard for them to be cheap enough to be worth the hassle and extra expense of traveling to Boston and parking. The one time I did it, I walked to the train station with a bunch of luggage (ugh!) and then ended up having to arrange a ride back from Boston at the last minute when I realized the buses stopped running before my return time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up