Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009 Liberty Forum  (Read 15999 times)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
2009 Liberty Forum
« on: August 07, 2008, 08:32:47 pm »

The 2009 Liberty Forum dates have been set.

March 5th - March 8th, 2009

At the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nashua (same as last year).
We got better room rates than last year.

We are going to have another great lineup this year.
(Although I am sure some debatarians will complain but... they will no matter what)

Some speakers will be announced soon.
Tickets will be available soon as well.

Book your vacation now!

Slim

• FSP Participant
Re: 2009 Liberty Forum
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 01:06:41 am »

Sweet, Dude, Sweet, Dude, Sweet, Dude, Sweet, Dude

I can't wait to hear the speaker lists and I hope to be able to go to a gun shoot. I also hope in March the weather is alright for traveling around the state. 
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.  -Stephen Hawking

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 07:18:08 am »

I hope to be able to go to a gun shoot.

If you are here the whole time, you will. Details are still in the works, but it is definitely on the must have list.
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 08:20:43 am »

If you are here the whole time, you will. Details are still in the works, but it is definitely on the must have list.

Ron do you know anyone who has a private range where we can go shooting?
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 09:40:35 am »

Well, Ron does, among others :)

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 10:07:07 am »

Joe

I know Joe, especially since I'm there almost every weekened. It was a little joke ;)
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 10:10:25 am »

I know Joe, especially since I'm there almost every weekened. It was a little joke ;)

Yeah.  Not everyone reading would know, so I figured I would answer your rhetorical question, for their benefit :)

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Slim

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 10:35:20 am »

I probably should have said I hope I am physically able to go to the gun shoot, I have been dealing with some physical problems lately this is one of the reasons why my moving plans had to be pushed out.

I also hope that Murphy's is open when I go there this trip. When I went to Murphy''s after the Liberty Forum they were closed for a private party. Since Murphy's was closed it was a blessing in disguise because I was able to drive around Manchester and see all the people demonstrating downtown.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 10:48:00 am by Slim »
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.  -Stephen Hawking

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 05:53:17 pm »

Slim the gun shoot is going to be on Thursday March 5th.   Still working on the details.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 11:06:24 pm »

Definitely a great idea to have a field trip planned for the private range. This is a great selling point for the FSP in the Merrimack Valley area.

maulotaur

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 11:41:02 pm »

From these posts, it sounds like the main theme and activity will be shooting off.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 05:01:23 pm »

From these posts, it sounds like the main theme and activity will be shooting off.

Not at all.

There will be all sorts of activities.
Including a State House tour.

Check out last year's event to get a 'flavor'....
www.freestateproject.org/libertyforum

We hope to have the registration page up today or tomorrow.

Brettp76

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 07:58:50 pm »

We really need to market this event to the Boston and I-495 RP/liberty groups. A trip to Nashua in the winter is a much easier sell (financially at least) than Gilford in the summer.

"My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute." Ayn Rand

Slim

• FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 06:03:01 pm »

The activities are numerous and I know from previous FSP events that you can be torn between what you want to do because everything sounds great. Making the choices about what you really really want to see is usually the worst part but I think there is a physics law that says you can only be in one place at a time.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 11:41:31 pm »

2nd what slim said.

Sometimes you really want to be 2 places at once.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up