Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: $10/month for the FSP  (Read 13770 times)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: $10/month for the FSP
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 06:58:16 pm »

There are only 6 people willing to do this? ???
I understand that some people are poor but 6? :'(

In my experience, people seem to be a lot more generous with their time than money. Ask people to show up somewhere (e.g., a move-in party), you get a dozen volunteers; ask them to donate the dollar equivalent of that time, and maybe one or two will.

And what about the 8000 people not in NH?

Also remember I keep hearing that we can get rid of the state because people will VOLUNTEER their money.
Just wondering.

We also have a chip in on the front page dedicated to funding sending FSPers out to St Paul to recruit at the Campaign for Liberty.
See the front page.

I'm broke, but I donated $5.  I know that everyone can afford $5.  We only need 200 people to donate $5 and we're there.

Btw, don't doubt for a minute that the money donated to the Ron Paul convention in MN will not be money very well spent.  Our efforts at the Ron Paul March were super successful, and I expect MN to be just as successful.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 06:59:33 pm »

People are much more willing to part with their money when they know what they are getting for it. This is likely why you observe that people are more generous with their time rather than money. If you are doing something, you will typically know what it is you are doing. It is definitely much easier to get people to donate money when it results in placing their name on a plaque, such as on a building, than for something less tangible such as a scholarship fund.
Correct that is why there is a chip in with a specific function.

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 07:13:30 pm »

Then there are those FSPers who advocate for tying a woman up and restraining her physically for up to nine months to prevent her from exercising complete control, authority, and jurisdiction over HER OWN BODY...and of all the places for us to find out they thought this way it was at the "Liberty Forum 2007"...

I guess I missed that thread.

There are FSPers who advocate all sorts of things.

Chris...my friend...

While there may be FSPers who advocate all sorts of things...we're not talking about double-dipping in the salsa here...

I'm going to state...once again...that anyone who attempts, in any way, shape, or form, to interfere with a woman and her body...should be repelled, destroyed, and eliminated IMMEDIATELY...

You don't want to be dictating to a woman what she will or won't accept in her body while I'm anywhere neearby...whether you're attempting to put your penis in her...or attempting to force her to continue to have something inside her body that she does not expressly want there...I'll be handing her a .45 and joining her in repelling, destroying, and eliminating you...or anyone else who attempts such heinous acts against another Individual Sovereign Human Being...

RAD

Enjoy!

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 07:16:00 pm »

Right but I am saying I missed that talk at the Liberty Forum 07.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 11:27:31 pm »

Then there are those FSPers who advocate for tying a woman up and restraining her physically for up to nine months to prevent her from exercising complete control, authority, and jurisdiction over HER OWN BODY...and of all the places for us to find out they thought this way it was at the "Liberty Forum 2007"...

I guess I missed that thread.

There are FSPers who advocate all sorts of things.

Chris...my friend...

While there may be FSPers who advocate all sorts of things...we're not talking about double-dipping in the salsa here...

I'm going to state...once again...that anyone who attempts, in any way, shape, or form, to interfere with a woman and her body...should be repelled, destroyed, and eliminated IMMEDIATELY...

You don't want to be dictating to a woman what she will or won't accept in her body while I'm anywhere neearby...whether you're attempting to put your penis in her...or attempting to force her to continue to have something inside her body that she does not expressly want there...I'll be handing her a .45 and joining her in repelling, destroying, and eliminating you...or anyone else who attempts such heinous acts against another Individual Sovereign Human Being...

RAD

Enjoy!

How did this debate end up spilling over into this thread?

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 11:32:15 pm »

Is it possible for Rob to take a chill pill for once in his life?
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2008, 10:55:01 pm »

Moving this thread back on topic, I just set up payments at http://www.freestateproject.org/donate to auto deduct $10 per month.  I signed and updated the pledge as well.  We need 88 more people.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 09:20:50 am »

Where do we find the minutes from past board meetings?  Can we designate what expenditures we want to fund?  Is the membership list available for rent when the board approves of the renter?  Has the membership list been cleared of the listings that can't be contacted?  Has the board approved a table and presence at the Rally For The Republic event in St. Paul?

Thanks

This.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 10:36:34 am »

Is it possible for Rob to take a chill pill for once in his life?

no

McDuck

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 08:48:29 pm »

I'll donate $10 at the first of next month for this.   

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 12:25:14 am »

/bump

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 12:12:53 pm »

I offered to buy ads in the FSP Newsletter, and was the only individual offering ad funds at that time.  I handle advertising for the Next 1,000, but the FSP board rejected my offer because they said it might distract from Personal Triggers.  After that, I was kind of turned off about giving any money to them.  Next 1,000 has 64 signers already, but I haven't met anyone who has moved because of Triggers.

Go figure.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 12:20:40 pm »

I offered to buy ads in the FSP Newsletter, and was the only individual offering ad funds at that time.  I handle advertising for the Next 1,000, but the FSP board rejected my offer because they said it might distract from Personal Triggers.  After that, I was kind of turned off about giving any money to them.  Next 1,000 has 64 signers already, but I haven't met anyone who has moved because of Triggers.

Go figure.

A difference in tactics means you won't support the FSP financially anymore??

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 08:35:36 pm »

Where do we find the minutes from past board meetings?  Can we designate what expenditures we want to fund?  Is the membership list available for rent when the board approves of the renter?  Has the membership list been cleared of the listings that can't be contacted?  Has the board approved a table and presence at the Rally For The Republic event in St. Paul?

Thanks

This.

I don't think that the membership list is available for rent (I think that there is a privacy clause on the SOI).

The board did approave a table at the Rally... and we had a GREAT response.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 01:37:14 pm »

Thanks

This.

I don't think that the membership list is available for rent (I think that there is a privacy clause on the SOI).

The board did approave a table at the Rally... and we had a GREAT response.

How about...

Where do we find the minutes from past board meetings?  Can we designate what expenditures we want to fund?  Has the membership list been cleared of the listings that can't be contacted?
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up