Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need contact for chili lady from PorcFest campgrounds near beer tent  (Read 5207 times)

D. Stewart

• FSP Participant

Think back to PorcFest final Saturday night, in the campground area, near the beer tent.  Couple in back, man from NH, woman from Jersey City, NJ, cooking up venison chili.  (Thanks again for the chili)  Woman was transported to ER complaining of chest pain by Gilford FAS.  In the course of which I ended up with her walking stick and just discovered it languishing in my back seat.

If anyone knows her please PM me with contact details.  If not I'll ask the Gilford EMS folks and see if they will release the info to me or pass on a message, but I figured I would ask here first.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: Need contact for chili lady from PorcFest campgrounds near beer tent
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 05:05:02 pm »

I PMed you her number.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 02:07:36 pm »

Her husband posts on the forum, too. Ward Griffiths.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:04:29 pm »

Sorry I haven't been around the forums much since Porcfest.  It's been a bit hectic around here.  Among other things, our tenant downstairs shows signs of really needing his medication adjusted.

Lisa is OK.  Dehydration and electrolyte imbalance caused a bit of a cardiac malfunction.  Released from LRGH about 2am, no cab available back to Gunstock until after 7am.  Lakes Region General Hospital is a much nicer place than I remember, then again the last time I was there was 1974 and my grandmother was dying of kidney failure, so my memories were biased.

Effusive thanks for your assistance, Donald.  Without your help things could and likely would have gone much worse.

Lisa hasn't joined the FSP forum.  The best way to contact her is by email.  sailgersor at aol dot com

Her online name is an anagram of her real one, Lisa Rogers.  From Kearny, not Jersey City.  Same lousy county one town west across the Hackensack River.  And the chili itself was just beef.  The chunk of venison that we had before then was merely braised in seasoned beer (the braising liquid was added to the chili).  I still have never made venison chili.  Just beef, lamb, pork, combinations of those meats, and bear.  Eventually I'll have opportunities to work with venison and moose, but not while I'm living in this hellhole of a state.

--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 09:12:09 am »

Eventually I'll have opportunities to work with venison and moose, but not while I'm living in this hellhole of a state.

Heh.  I've got a bow, and now I need to practice.  When the deer come to eat my apples, I'm going to eat the deer.  Vermin.  But tasty vermin.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 09:26:08 pm »

Hudson County is about the only county in New Jersey that isn't overrun with the antlered rats.  I would have no objection to using my garden as bait, I vastly prefer venison over eggplant and celery.  But the only wildlife around here are raccoons, skunks, the occasional possum and of course googols of tree rats.  None of which I would care to eat, considering their food supply.

Yes, it would be illegal to kill the deer if they were eating my garden.  My crossbow is quiet and is also illegal.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 05:41:26 am »

Eventually I'll have opportunities to work with venison and moose, but not while I'm living in this hellhole of a state.

Heh.  I've got a bow, and now I need to practice.  When the deer come to eat my apples, I'm going to eat the deer.  Vermin.  But tasty vermin.

Joe

Just a couple days ago, Otis got to chase a deer out of my property. Snacks for Otis!  >:D
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver
Pages: [1]   Go Up