Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Libertarian Purity Quiz  (Read 52783 times)

techforumz

• Freedom Freak
Libertarian Purity Quiz
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:23:38 pm »

Hi, I found a cool quiz that will tell you how libertarian/anarchist you are.
Goto:
http://www.bcaplan.com/cgi-bin/purity.cgi

My first score was 102, my second was 112.

Please post your scores.
\"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.\"<br />     - Benjamin Franklin

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
Re: Libertarian Purity Quiz
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:42:01 pm »

160, and it was too easy because “yes” was always the correct (from an anarchist perspective) answer.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 12:15:58 am »

160, and it was too easy because “yes” was always the correct (from an anarchist perspective) answer.

Why would an anarchist want to freeze the monetary base (#43)? :) Keep in mind, some of 'em were compound questions :p

techforumz

• Freedom Freak
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 12:28:16 am »

Why would an anarchist want to freeze the monetary base (#43)? :) Keep in mind, some of 'em were compound questions :p

I thought that freezing the monetary base meant that a dollar was always worth 1/n th number of gold ounces? Though an anarchist would probably not even want a monetary base, but instead just use trade (10 ounces of silver for a Portable DivX player, etc...)

Agreed about the compound.
\"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.\"<br />     - Benjamin Franklin

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 01:17:13 am »

From the context (attached to the question about the Federal Reserve), I take that to mean stopping inflation.

lloydbob1

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 07:28:17 am »

I'm not sure what the point of the first two parts was.  #45 came already checked yes.  weird fluke
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 12:24:46 pm by Lloyd Danforth »

techforumz

• Freedom Freak
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 10:47:51 am »

Wow, so I'm probably the LEAST libertarian here...

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 01:33:16 pm »

Wow, so I'm probably the LEAST libertarian here...

there is NO reason why you can't catch up...

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 03:11:32 pm »

I'm not sure what the point of the first two parts was.  #45 came already checked yes.  weird fluke

It seemed to be divided into “conservative,” “minarchist,” and “anarchist” sections, or somesuch. It’s actually a good indicator of how far along people are, if their yes answers were lower for each successive section. And it would be a good thought exercise for people who answered, say, YES on privatizing the post office but NO on privatizing the roads, why, what they think is different between the situations, and so on.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 03:55:55 pm »

In college I was a 159 IIRC... I should take this again now that I've become impure.  :D

Edit: 94. Barely hardcore.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 04:00:18 pm by JasonPSorens »
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 04:10:56 pm »

In college I was a 159 IIRC... I should take this again now that I've become impure.  :D

And why’re you moving in the wrong direction?

Maybe you need to move here to New Hampshire and actually get involved with everything we’re doing and we’ll help pull you back in the right direction. ;D

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 04:16:23 pm »

Maybe you need to move here to New Hampshire and actually get involved with everything we’re doing and we’ll help pull you back in the right direction. ;D

Oh, I've probably been right around 94 for the past 8 years or so. The big change was converting from anarcho-capitalism back to minarchism. Besides that, I'm pretty orthodox, unfortunately.  :)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 04:29:25 pm »

Oh, I've probably been right around 94 for the past 8 years or so. The big change was converting from anarcho-capitalism back to minarchism. Besides that, I'm pretty orthodox, unfortunately.  :)

Disappointing. Well, whatever, we’re all moving in the same direction for the foreseeable future. We’ll just keep going when we leave you behind eventually… ;D

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 08:14:22 pm »

95  but then like most of these tests.... some of the questions are flawed.  I didn't answer about 10 of them.

Friday

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a browncoat!
    • Shire Liberty News
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 08:28:27 pm »

I am a "perfect" 160.  But then, we knew that.  >:D
Shire Liberty News - spotlighting activism in New Hampshire: the frontier of freedom
http://www.shirelibertynews.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up