Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Several Questions From A 17 Year Old Prospect  (Read 19578 times)

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
Re: Several Questions From A 17 Year Old Prospect
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2008, 07:25:50 am »

When we protest I'm staying close by him then, haha.  I'm roughly 5'7'' and weight 120 lbs.  How big is dreepa exactly?

I looked for a picture I remember seeing with Kane, Dreepa, Bald Eagle, and Powerchuter all standing in a row guarding Ron Paul's access to the 2008 Liberty Forum. I couldn't find it quickly.
However, here's a pic of Dreepa shaking hands with Ron Paul: http://freestateproject.org/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=8884
And here's one of him talking to Kane: http://freestateproject.org/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=9960

Kane's a pretty cool guy himself, BTW.
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2008, 07:51:30 am »

Where's the video of when Dreepa bitch-slapped Kane and Kane curled up in a corner crying?

We should come up with our own Chuck Norris jokes and substitute "Dreepa".

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 11:41:48 pm »

I never cross any picket line because I frequently see the conditions that lead to strike.  People get fired for blowing the whistle on something, get legitemate overtime redlined.  People get fired for not being submissive enough, or for speaking out.  People have faced retaliation, threats of firing, and harassment on the job.

And the mainstream media always portrays management as this unintended victim, while the workers are, "making unrealistic demands," and shouting all the time. Gimme a break.  A store that is so bad to their workers that they can get American workers to view union as the lesser of two evils will not get my business.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

JAC

• Amor Fati.
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 11:51:59 pm »

A store that is so bad to their workers that they can get American workers to view union as the lesser of two evils will not get my business.
Haha, good point.  Although I don't know if most Americans think unions are a bad thing.  I know most the people at my Vons are upset by the union, but I always got the impression that the general public's opinion of unions was a positive one.  That will have to change. :)

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 07:57:05 am »

We solved that in NH. We have 'employed at will' meaning either party... employer or employee... can break the employment agreement without cause.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 09:53:59 pm »

Where's the video of when Dreepa bitch-slapped Kane and Kane curled up in a corner crying?

We should come up with our own Chuck Norris jokes and substitute "Dreepa".

There is a picture somewhere of Kane putting me in a headlock.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2008, 03:08:23 pm »

We solved that in NH. We have 'employed at will' meaning either party... employer or employee... can break the employment agreement without cause.

Is that how it actually works? When framed that way, it sounds like the State is interfering in people’s rights to contract with another—certainly not a pro-freedom idea.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2008, 03:25:51 pm »

Is that how it actually works? When framed that way, it sounds like the State is interfering in people’s rights to contract with another—certainly not a pro-freedom idea.

No, you can still have a contract.  What John means is that in NH, you have the option of an employed-at-will agreement, which some other states prohibit.  Since it is available, most employment is under that setup.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

JAC

• Amor Fati.
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2008, 07:49:06 pm »

This all sounds a lot better then what we have here in California. :)  Can't wait to get over there and get started on some projects.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2008, 07:53:20 pm »

This all sounds a lot better then what we have here in California. :)  Can't wait to get over there and get started on some projects.

What’s still keeping you?

JAC

• Amor Fati.
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2008, 08:47:37 pm »

Well, my birthday is August 5th, and so I'm gonna spend these last few weeks with my friends and family, and then a week after I turn 18 I'll be out of here for good. :)  Already put in my two weeks notice for my crappy job at Vons, haha.

Plus, I am very interested in being a part of a documentary that Christina Heller, who has filmed a mini-documentary for the FSP before, will be creating soon.  She said she will be in L.A. around August 7, 8, 9, or something similar to that, and so we will meet and do filming for the documentary before I leave for N.H.

Still haven't told my parents about any of this.  :-X  Have to get the balls to do that soon.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2008, 10:46:30 pm »

Well, my birthday is August 5th, and so I'm gonna spend these last few weeks with my friends and family, and then a week after I turn 18 I'll be out of here for good. :)  Already put in my two weeks notice for my crappy job at Vons, haha.

Excellent!

JAC

• Amor Fati.
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2008, 01:09:55 am »

Can anyone tell me the cost of living in New Hampshire?  I mean, for you personally, how much does it cost per month for you to live in NH, and what do those costs entail?  Housing, food, utilities, other expenses, etc.  If anyone could give me a rough estimate of these things then I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2008, 06:14:59 am »

Plus, I am very interested in being a part of a documentary that Christina Heller, who has filmed a mini-documentary for the FSP before, will be creating soon.  She said she will be in L.A. around August 7, 8, 9, or something similar to that, and so we will meet and do filming for the documentary before I leave for N.H.

That could be excellent. They've filmed at my place. It would be great to have some movers shown before and after in their documentary.
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2008, 08:23:43 am »

Can anyone tell me the cost of living in New Hampshire?  I mean, for you personally, how much does it cost per month for you to live in NH, and what do those costs entail?  Housing, food, utilities, other expenses, etc.  If anyone could give me a rough estimate of these things then I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

2-3 weeks to go, and you're just now considering some of these things?  Time to get busy!  :)

Housing: varies wildly.  If you rent a room from a porc, it could be as little as $350/mo.  If you get a decent apartment, it might be $1,000/mo
Food: if you mostly cook and don't eat out, you should be able to get by on $50/week
Utilities: varies wildly by time of year.  If it's included in rent, great!  Otherwise all bets are off.  Roughly between $150-$500/mo (heat, electric, internet, phone)
Insurance: if you decide to insure your vehicle (which you don't have to in NH), I've found rates to be quite good.  But it varies wildly by age and other factors.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up