Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Down

Author Topic: open carry protests  (Read 90923 times)

kelteckiller

Re: open carry protests
« Reply #375 on: August 02, 2008, 03:03:40 pm »

I just wanted some clarification to your question is all....If I were married I would NEVER stop beating my wife.  I am very competitive and whatever thing we would compete in, I would "beat" her.  Whether that be a game of pool or a card game, etc...I would do my best to BEAT HER!  You?  Or do you need some more clarification?

I didn't put quotation marks around "beat."

Joe

I realize you didn't....I did to quote you...that is what those hash marks are...it indicates that someone else has said that word

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #376 on: August 02, 2008, 11:30:16 pm »

I just wanted some clarification to your question is all....If I were married I would NEVER stop beating my wife.  I am very competitive and whatever thing we would compete in, I would "beat" her.  Whether that be a game of pool or a card game, etc...I would do my best to BEAT HER!  You?  Or do you need some more clarification?
I realize you didn't....I did to quote you...that is what those hash marks are...it indicates that someone else has said that word

I did not put quotation marks around "beat," and that is important because the lack indicates that I was using the word in a strict, not colloquial sense.  As in, "to strike repeatedly."  If I intended the word to be colloquial, I would have used quotation marks, which are also used to indicate colloquialisms, not just to attribute some exact phrase as the speech of another.

In any case, you've also failed to answer the question of whether the cops who attacked Ryan and his compatriots should be tossed in prison for their numerous crimes.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

kelteckiller

« Reply #377 on: August 03, 2008, 06:00:39 am »

I did not put quotation marks around "beat," and that is important because the lack indicates that I was using the word in a strict, not colloquial sense.  As in, "to strike repeatedly."  If I intended the word to be colloquial, I would have used quotation marks, which are also used to indicate colloquialisms, not just to attribute some exact phrase as the speech of another.

In any case, you've also failed to answer the question of whether the cops who attacked Ryan and his compatriots should be tossed in prison for their numerous crimes.

Joe

I never said YOU used quotation marks...I DID to show you used beat/beating...that is how Quotation marks can be used...

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #378 on: August 03, 2008, 08:05:06 am »

you know...
when you're hunting rhino...you ignore the birds and flies...

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #379 on: August 03, 2008, 10:32:45 am »

you know...
when you're hunting rhino...you ignore the birds and flies...

Nah, you just dump them in the barrel with the fish...

(for kelteckiller's benefit: that's a joke, relating to "shooting fish in a barrel," which is a colloquial phrase referring to defeating someone easily)

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Up