Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: open carry protests  (Read 106067 times)

jrod

Re: open carry protests
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2008, 09:13:06 pm »

I guess my point is just that if your devotion to open-carry is making people mad, it might be worth toning down or doing it different, as killetnic noted. If the point of this project is real change in the name of liberty, then concessions and compromise might have to be made. To me, the enemies of liberty aren't the Manchester PD, or the state of NH but the folks in DC. I'd prefer to be part of something that aims to hit the IRS and the Mil-INDUS complex, not just keeping seatbelt laws off the books and making sure we can carry our guns to county fairs. I think that's what he meant by "not being a social hero", even if your action is philosophically sound.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2008, 09:25:26 pm »

I was in NH for the Paul campaign in Dec/Jan, and I think it's a great state, and Manchester is an excellent little city. I met a lot of good people. There's no doubt I've thought a lot about coming up there. (I almost made it to Porcfest, but couldn't). It's threads like this that make me weary about being part of FSP and especially about potentially moving to NH.

Here you have a native NHer who agrees with your sentiments coming to offer you advice and you spit in his face. I think that for FSP to be successful, you have to engage the "natives" and win them over, not alienate them by pigeonholing the group as a a bunch of gun wielding anarchists. Now, I realize the project has no "leader" but if it is perceived by the public to have one, then their actions will be seen as the groups, and the group will be pigeonholed. Maybe groups in the state will pass laws *against* open carry because you have done such a bad job marketing yourself. It's like a local newspaper columnist/ex-state house rep told me as I was talking to him outside a polling precinct on the seacoast "All the free state people want to do is own bazookas and smoke hemp".

So, like I said, I'm still thinking over moving up and figured I'd offer my 2 cents. I know my views might not flow with the "non agression" principle or whatever links you want to float from Mises, but I think they mesh with reality quite well. Don't alienate the two groups you need most, people who already live there and people who want to move. Build consensus for change, don't just take a bunch of small feel good actions that win you no support on the community. The project will backfire.

jrod...chances are we met if you were here with the rp campaign.
Most of the locals have accepted 'us'. (again there are many different types of FSPers who moved).
The fact that the local newspaper person grouped us all together is somewhat funny.
All democrats are not the same.
All GOPers are not the same.
All FSPers are not the same.

People bring up stuff to me all the time about 'you freestaters'... I gently correct them.

There are people bring consenus for change.
Don't judge the whole movement based on the forums.
Also... the OPs facts were wrong on many points..... Dave was just walking to a bar... there was no protest going on.

We welcome you to NH.
If you want specific info ...feel free to PM me.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2008, 09:52:47 pm »

"concessions and compromise"

Are what got us to were we are now.

But Chris is right, plenty of different opinions amongst
them their Free Staters.

"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2008, 07:23:13 am »

Yeah guys stop exercising your rights
or the state will take them away.

"All the free state people want to do is own bazookas and smoke hemp".

Well we don't want to smoke hemp.

Now remember guys and Gals, don't speak  out you might
loose your right to speech.

Don't wear guns, you might loose your right to guns.

Don't live free cause government might take away your right to
be free.

P.S. Now get out there and fight for liberty.

grovel for liberty....

sorry...

massa wouldn't lets me do that...

wipin' de sweat boss...

don't shoot me...

ps...
note to massa...
massa be all the looters, bureaucrats, jackboots, and mercenaries...
massa...your days are numbered...
each and every day more and more slaves wake up to your tyranny...
soon you'll need all those Chinese peace-keeping troops to get their equipment out of those shipping containers staged all over the continent...
hey, the Russians didn't succeed in Afghanistan...the Amerikans won't either...what makes you think the Chinese will succeed in Amerika...
oh, that's right...I forgot...America: population 300 million...China: population 3.3 billion...
Wolverines(apologies to Patrick Swayze and the cast and crew of Red Dawn - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dawn), we're outnumbered a thousand to one...
Go figure...

dark days ahead...

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2008, 07:26:07 am »

them their Free Staters.

"concessions and compromises" are what got us here to begin with...

so true...so true...

go figure...

enjoy!

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2008, 07:51:46 am »

To me, the enemies of liberty aren't the Manchester PD, or the state of NH but the folks in DC.

The enemies of liberty are all those who think it is ok to use "someone else's money" to do or get what they want. DC is a reflection of that;  local and state government is a reflection of that. Enlightenment can happen many ways and many places.

Cathleen

kelteckiller

« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2008, 11:20:36 am »

them their Free Staters.

so true...so true...

go figure...

enjoy!

No "Rad"??

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2008, 11:41:41 am »

them their Free Staters.

so true...so true...

go figure...

enjoy!

No "Rad"??

;D
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

jrod

« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2008, 12:13:20 pm »

To me, the enemies of liberty aren't the Manchester PD, or the state of NH but the folks in DC.

The enemies of liberty are all those who think it is ok to use "someone else's money" to do or get what they want. DC is a reflection of that;  local and state government is a reflection of that. Enlightenment can happen many ways and many places.

Cathleen

So you are gonna go to small town New Hampshire and tell them that their school house and firehouse and policemen are the products of thievery for generations and they are enemies of liberty? Don't you think you are gonna run into problems telling people this?

Sorry, I happen to think that the more local the government, the better chances the spending isn't wasteful, especially in New Hampshire, when the school board members/general court rep is your neighbor.

jrod

« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2008, 12:15:34 pm »

them their Free Staters.

So being a firebrand libertarian revolutionary is going to get you out of it? Or do you mean, we have to start revolting with guns and the like?

I might be cynical, but I still believe in the system.

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
« Reply #190 on: July 01, 2008, 02:02:45 pm »

Cathleen

So you are gonna go to small town New Hampshire and tell them that their school house and firehouse and policemen are the products of thievery for generations and they are enemies of liberty? Don't you think you are gonna run into problems telling people this?

Sorry, I happen to think that the more local the government, the better chances the spending isn't wasteful, especially in New Hampshire, when the school board members/general court rep is your neighbor.

but when that "neighbor" puts on the "tax collectors" costume...or the "jackboots" costume...or the "bureaucrats" costume...
and commits aggression/force/fraud against someone...no matter how "small" and/or "benign" it appears to be...
the correct and appropriate response should be to inform them of their errors and if they don't cease and desist...

Then each and every one of them should be repelled, destroyed, and eliminated...
That would get right of the looters, bureaucrats, jackboots, and mercenaries in short order...

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
« Reply #191 on: July 01, 2008, 02:06:15 pm »

them their Free Staters.

so true...so true...

go figure...

enjoy!

No "Rad"??

It's NEVER Rad...
It's either RAD or rad...

Enjoy...

Go figure...

Rand was right...
What a looter-fest...

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2008, 02:15:57 pm »

Cathleen

Well yes I suppose it is "nicer" to stick a gun in a mans face and demand he pay for
the fire house that is near him rather than say some tanks in Korea. But really not that much nicer, now is it.

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2008, 02:26:49 pm »

them their Free Staters.

So being a firebrand libertarian revolutionary is going to get you out of it? Or do you mean, we have to start revolting with guns and the like?

When there is compromise's  on liberty , liberty is weakened.
This is what has happened.
We have reached a point were people actually believe they can
vote away or rescind other peoples rights.

There can be no comprimise
 on rights or liberty .

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2008, 03:59:01 pm »

Plenty of FSPers are using the political process to make change, with some success. If that's what appeals to you, there are plenty of ways to get involved.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 26   Go Up