Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: open carry protests  (Read 105904 times)

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: open carry protests
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2008, 11:04:52 am »

Great letter, Allison!!!

It may be too late for Chicago. We are waiting for you in NH. I can't speak for all of NH, but rainbows or not, a fellow liberty lover is welcome!

Cathleen

She speaks for me. You should get yourself the FSP Porcupine flag and fly that too Alli. It would go well with the others.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2008, 01:43:14 pm »

And I hereby do solemnly swear to never participate in any marches where anyone wears socks with sandals, regardless of their reason.

Only in marches? I wouldn't suggest wearing socks with sandals. Ever. ;)

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2008, 03:34:04 pm »

If you prickly porcupines really are cool with the rainbow Gadsden, then that is alright by me.  Because you know you are right, we all do get bashed when liberty is squelched in the name of collectivism.  Here here.

I don’t see why anyone would have a problem with it. :)

From a design perspective I’d suggest making the snake and text stand out more (the black doesn’t show up well on the lower two bands of the rainbow), either by making them white, or making them not stretch across the last two bands.

By the way, you can put images in your sig instead of pasting them into each message.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #168 on: June 26, 2008, 04:44:14 pm »

And I hereby do solemnly swear to never participate in any marches where anyone wears socks with sandals, regardless of their reason. 

Now this I can get behind.

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #169 on: June 26, 2008, 06:44:24 pm »

From a design perspective I’d suggest making the snake and text stand out more (the black doesn’t show up well on the lower two bands of the rainbow), either by making them white, or making them not stretch across the last two bands.

Had a similar thought about the colors. It gets kinda dark at the bottom. Neat idea though. Franklin's "Join-or-Die" comic might take on an interesting look. It's already segmented nicely.

Alli

• The Political SoapBox
« Reply #170 on: June 26, 2008, 08:28:41 pm »

Had a similar thought about the colors. It gets kinda dark at the bottom. Neat idea though. Franklin's "Join-or-Die" comic might take on an interesting look. It's already segmented nicely.

When I designed the flag in Illustrator, my initial idea was to attempt to coordinate them to a PMS number. However, I agree the blue and purple are too dark for a cloth version.  So in the sewn version I will opt to use a lighter fabric, or perhaps give the letters a 1/8" white border in order to help them stand out.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 08:59:00 pm by Alli »

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2008, 09:32:18 pm »

When I designed the flag in Illustrator, my initial idea was to attempt to coordinate them to a PMS number. However, I agree the blue and purple are too dark for a cloth version.  So in the sewn version I will opt to use a lighter fabric, or perhaps give the letters a 1/8" white border in order to help them stand out.

The border would probably make that stand out nicely... just opining away here. You're making a sewn version? Yourself or you're having it made? If the latter, I'm sure there's other people out there that'd be interested in them.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2008, 11:47:35 pm »

Combination of Wikipedia’s Gadsden and LGBT flags.

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2008, 12:00:37 am »

Very nice, J. The rattlesnake is sharper too :)

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2008, 12:06:28 am »

Very nice, J. The rattlesnake is sharper too :)

There seem to be two popular versions of the rattlesnake out there. The flag I have uses this one; I take it the company just used Wikipedia’s source file to print their flags. I’ve also seen the “simpler” version of the snake used in Alli’s image; the flag Dave Ridley usually has (seen in his videos) is that one, too.

The most accurate version is probably this one:—

Alli

• The Political SoapBox
« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2008, 05:45:31 am »

B.D. Ross said:

The border would probably make that stand out nicely... just opining away here. You're making a sewn version? Yourself or you're having it made? If the latter, I'm sure there's other people out there that'd be interested in them.

I plan on sewing  a 4' by 6' and then grommeting them myself using cloth and not nylon, as well as sewing on letters and the snake.  So they will look older, but will suffer from fading / mold if someone left it up continuously.  If enough people wanted them I could produce them on UV nylon with the snake and letters printed using UV inks.

Personally, my preference is for the more crude illustration of the snake and letters.  They remind me of some of the old hand cut wood block letters used in printing from the 17th century.

Oh also a thought on merchandising....

We would sooo buy a couple of these.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 06:45:08 am by Alli »

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #176 on: June 28, 2008, 02:02:58 pm »

Personally, my preference is for the more crude illustration of the snake and letters.  They remind me of some of the old hand cut wood block letters used in printing from the 17th century.

Indeed, the Wikipedia version is too “clean” looking to be from that era.

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2008, 03:20:52 pm »

We would sooo buy a couple of these.

Heh. Would be great for the office.

jrod

« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2008, 07:15:46 pm »

I was in NH for the Paul campaign in Dec/Jan, and I think it's a great state, and Manchester is an excellent little city. I met a lot of good people. There's no doubt I've thought a lot about coming up there. (I almost made it to Porcfest, but couldn't). It's threads like this that make me weary about being part of FSP and especially about potentially moving to NH.

Here you have a native NHer who agrees with your sentiments coming to offer you advice and you spit in his face. I think that for FSP to be successful, you have to engage the "natives" and win them over, not alienate them by pigeonholing the group as a a bunch of gun wielding anarchists. Now, I realize the project has no "leader" but if it is perceived by the public to have one, then their actions will be seen as the groups, and the group will be pigeonholed. Maybe groups in the state will pass laws *against* open carry because you have done such a bad job marketing yourself. It's like a local newspaper columnist/ex-state house rep told me as I was talking to him outside a polling precinct on the seacoast "All the free state people want to do is own bazookas and smoke hemp".

So, like I said, I'm still thinking over moving up and figured I'd offer my 2 cents. I know my views might not flow with the "non agression" principle or whatever links you want to float from Mises, but I think they mesh with reality quite well. Don't alienate the two groups you need most, people who already live there and people who want to move. Build consensus for change, don't just take a bunch of small feel good actions that win you no support on the community. The project will backfire.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2008, 07:39:52 pm »

Yeah guys stop exercising your rights
or the state will take them away.

"All the free state people want to do is own bazookas and smoke hemp".

Well we don't want to smoke hemp.

Now remember guys and Gals, don't speak  out you might
loose your right to speech.

Don't wear guns, you might loose your right to guns.

Don't live free cause government might take away your right to
be free.

P.S. Now get out there and fight for liberty.

"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 26   Go Up