Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: open carry protests  (Read 106051 times)

kelteckiller

Re: open carry protests
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2008, 01:31:53 pm »

So... back on the original topic... I'm curious what the original poster thinks of the criminal acts of the police in unlawfully detaining individuals for open carry?

Each officer is, as a result of such behavior, a felon several times over.  Should they be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law?

Specifically, kelteckiller, what do you think of this incident?

I think that "incident" was fine.
  The "incident" I just witnessed with MY eyes, so I can judge the actions of all involved was two young guys open carrying getting interviewed.  I am not going to throw an opinion out on two people's recount of a situation.  I am sure that Manchester was wrong in stopping them, but not going to get into it without seeing it...

"I think that "incident" was fine."

"I am sure that Manchester was wrong in stopping them"

one of these things is not like the other...
one of these things just doesn't belong...

wtf...

These two "opinions" or "perceptions" are polar opposites and require extreme cognitive dissonance within a single consciousness...

The victims were assaulted by the perpetrators...they were physically disarmed...

Reverse the actions of the actors here to see why a "double standard" exists...

And to see that we have a perception of two classes of human beings here...

One that uses aggression/force/fraud to perpetrate physical assault...

And the other which "must" "submit" to this victimization or ultimately be gunned down for their refusal to be victimized...

Repel and Destroy may not have been used here...
But that was fully the discretion of the victims...
In the future this will most certainly change...

And, with that being said, we still humbly ask all the looters, bureaucrats, jackboots, and mercenaries to quit their jobs and become Philosophically Mature in the Non-Aggression Principle...

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

Listen...Our opinions are polar opposites.  The way I see things is this:
A responsible gun owner/shooter uses common sense and common courtesy.  This is not 1887.  This is 2008.  Even though it is our right to open carry, a little discretion and common sense is in order.  Every gun owner should have their conceal permit and whenever you are in public, a city, etc, you carry your gun, but you conceal it.  There is NO need to draw unnecessary attention to your firearm.  The MAJORITY of people are not used to people openly carrying firearms.  Now, I understand you all want people to just accept it...well, that isn't the case.  So use some common sense and stop trying to be this social hero and just conceal the thing...A mother in Border's with her children isn't going to understand or be accepting to someone walking around with a pistol hanging off their side openly.  They should be concerned...especially taking in the totality of the circumstances in today's age with school shootings, etc.  I am not saying that it should be illegal to open carry...just saying use some common sense and stop being a social outlaw...it's not as cool as you think it is...

kelteckiller

« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »

I think that "incident" was fine.  The "incident" I just witnessed with MY eyes, so I can judge the actions of all involved was two young guys open carrying getting interviewed.  I am not going to throw an opinion out on two people's recount of a situation.  I am sure that Manchester was wrong in stopping them, but not going to get into it without seeing it...

Let's assume that they are telling the truth in every detail, for the sake of argument.

If that's the case, what do you think of the criminal acts of the police in unlawfully detaining individuals for open carry?

Each officer is, as a result of such behavior, a felon several times over.  Should they be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law?

Joe

Joe,
you really think it's wrong?  You really want to be the big man and do what is"right" to these cops?  STEP UP then!  Quit talking about what should be done and do what YOU think is right.  Sue em.  Fight back.  Stop yaking about it and do what YOU think is right.  I bet you just sit behind your computer and type about it...

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2008, 01:47:24 pm »

So... back on the original topic... I'm curious what the original poster thinks of the criminal acts of the police in unlawfully detaining individuals for open carry?

Specifically, kelteckiller, what do you think of this incident?

I think that "incident" was fine.
  The "incident" I just witnessed with MY eyes, so I can judge the actions of all involved was two young guys open carrying getting interviewed.  I am not going to throw an opinion out on two people's recount of a situation.  I am sure that Manchester was wrong in stopping them, but not going to get into it without seeing it...

"I think that "incident" was fine."

"I am sure that Manchester was wrong in stopping them"

one of these things is not like the other...
one of these things just doesn't belong...

wtf...

These two "opinions" or "perceptions" are polar opposites and require extreme cognitive dissonance within a single consciousness...

The victims were assaulted by the perpetrators...they were physically disarmed...

Reverse the actions of the actors here to see why a "double standard" exists...

And to see that we have a perception of two classes of human beings here...

One that uses aggression/force/fraud to perpetrate physical assault...

And the other which "must" "submit" to this victimization or ultimately be gunned down for their refusal to be victimized...

Repel and Destroy may not have been used here...
But that was fully the discretion of the victims...
In the future this will most certainly change...

And, with that being said, we still humbly ask all the looters, bureaucrats, jackboots, and mercenaries to quit their jobs and become Philosophically Mature in the Non-Aggression Principle...

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

A responsible gun owner/shooter uses common sense and common courtesy.  This is not 1887.  This is 2008.  Even though it is our right to open carry, a little discretion and common sense is in order.  Every gun owner should have their conceal permit and whenever you are in public, a city, etc, you carry your gun, but you conceal it.  There is NO need to draw unnecessary attention to your firearm.  The MAJORITY of people are not used to people openly carrying firearms.  Now, I understand you all want people to just accept it...well, that isn't the case.  So use some common sense and stop trying to be this social hero and just conceal the thing...A mother in Border's with her children isn't going to understand or be accepting to someone walking around with a pistol hanging off their side openly.  They should be concerned...especially taking in the totality of the circumstances in today's age with school shootings, etc.  I am not saying that it should be illegal to open carry...just saying use some common sense and stop being a social outlaw...it's not as cool as you think it is...

Here's one for your "mother in Border's"...

How about our very own FSP Porcupine MOTHERS who strapped their sidearms on their hips(open carry) and went to the polling places(schools) to vote for Ron Paul in the primary!?!(Personal witness to this...no confrontations or questions at all...not even by the jackboots that were present)

and as far as your opinion goes...
assholes...yours isn't the only one...

go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2008, 01:57:25 pm »

I think that "incident" was fine.  The "incident" I just witnessed with MY eyes, so I can judge the actions of all involved was two young guys open carrying getting interviewed.  I am not going to throw an opinion out on two people's recount of a situation.  I am sure that Manchester was wrong in stopping them, but not going to get into it without seeing it...

Let's assume that they are telling the truth in every detail, for the sake of argument.

If that's the case, what do you think of the criminal acts of the police in unlawfully detaining individuals for open carry?

Joe

Joe,
you really think it's wrong?  You really want to be the big man and do what is"right" to these cops?  STEP UP then!  Quit talking about what should be done and do what YOU think is right.  Sue em.  Fight back.  Stop yaking about it and do what YOU think is right.  I bet you just sit behind your computer and type about it...

Killer,
I'm reasonably convinced that you are one or more of the following:

A looter...someone who accepts part of the loot and booty stolen by the bureaucrats, jackboots, and mercenaries...

A bureaucrat...someone who participates directly and/or indirectly in the aggression/force/fraud of the "state" and receives part of the loot and booty...

A jackboot...someone who uses aggression/force/fraud directly and indirectly against peaceful and peace-loving people and who steal and receive loot and booty...

A mercenary...someone who uses aggression/force/fraud directly and indirectly against individuals, groups, regions, and/or whole land masses and receives loot/booty...

Killer?
How's that label workin' for ya...

Go Figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

kelteckiller

« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2008, 02:21:47 pm »

Joe

Joe,

Killer,

A looter...someone who accepts part of the loot and booty stolen by the bureaucrats, jackboots, and mercenaries...

A bureaucrat...someone who participates directly and/or indirectly in the aggression/force/fraud of the "state" and receives part of the loot and booty...

A jackboot...someone who uses aggression/force/fraud directly and indirectly against peaceful and peace-loving people and who steal and receive loot and booty...

A mercenary...someone who uses aggression/force/fraud directly and indirectly against individuals, groups, regions, and/or whole land masses and receives loot/booty...

Killer?

Go Figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

You can call me any name under the sun...I am none of those...I am merely saying, if you think it is wrong and you KNOW you are right...DO SOMETHING...CHANGE IT!!  Don't sit on the sidelines and cry about it.  Is it going to change itself?  Bring a lawsuit up.  You want to see shit change REAL quick...hit a wallet. I am not being condescending, I am being brutally honest.  That is how it works...

kelteckiller

« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2008, 02:23:04 pm »

Joe

Joe,

Killer,

Killer?

Go Figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

Oh and I would be a mercenary if I had to be any of those!  Do I get to chose the group I get to harass?   >:D

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2008, 02:36:16 pm »

Why don't people open carry?  Because it might upset folks.

Why might it upset folks?  Because they aren't used to people open-carrying.

Circular logic... automatically fails.

you really think it's wrong?  You really want to be the big man and do what is"right" to these cops?  STEP UP then!  Quit talking about what should be done and do what YOU think is right.  Sue em.  Fight back.

I'm not the injured party, so I don't have standing to sue.  But I'm not talking about a civil suit.

Answer the question, why don't you?

You keep saying that "the law is the law."  Shouldn't they be prosecuted?  They committed several major felonies, each, as well as numerous misdemeanors.  If "the law is the law," and it were applied, they would each be looking at dozens of years in prison.

Should they be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law?

Stop yaking about it and do what YOU think is right.  I bet you just sit behind your computer and type about it...

I will.  From now on, until the city of Manchester makes amends for its crimes against these individuals, I will not conceal my sidearm any time I visit Manchester, except in inclement weather.  I often open-carry there, anyway.  Now I will always do so.

http://www.pledgebank.com/OpenCarry

Joe
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 06:42:48 pm by MaineShark »
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2008, 03:17:55 pm »

I've said my piece already. No pun intended.

kelteckiller

« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2008, 03:38:08 pm »

Why don't people open carry?  Because it might upset folks.

Why might it upset folks?  Because they aren't used to people open-carrying.

Circular logic... automatically fails.

you really think it's wrong?  You really want to be the big man and do what is"right" to these cops?  STEP UP then!  Quit talking about what should be done and do what YOU think is right.  Sue em.  Fight back.

I'm not the injured party, so I don't have standing to sue.  But I'm not talking about a civil suit.

Answer the question, why don't you?

You keep saying that "the law is the law."  Shouldn't they be prosecuted?  The committed several major felonies, each, as well as numerous misdemeanors.  If "the law is the law," and it were applied, they would each be looking at dozens of years in prison.

Should they be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law?

Stop yaking about it and do what YOU think is right.  I bet you just sit behind your computer and type about it...

I will.  From now on, until the city of Manchester makes amends for its crimes against these individuals, I will not conceal my sidearm any time I visit Manchester, except in inclement weather.  I often open-carry there, anyway.  Now I will always do so.

http://www.pledgebank.com/OpenCarry

Joe

Joe,
I say you MARCH into Manchester PD and demand criminal charges be pressed against these officers!  You are SO right.  They should sit in jail for decades!!!  Who do they think they are???????????????

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2008, 03:58:06 pm »

People who are open carrying are aiming to change that perception by doing so. By seeing it everywhere, people will eventually get used to it.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2008, 03:58:37 pm »

Joe,

A lawsuit is being discussed over in the other thread about this. What, you think all we do is debate online?

kelteckiller

« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2008, 04:00:52 pm »

Joe,

A lawsuit is being discussed over in the other thread about this. What, you think all we do is debate online?

Most?  Yes

kelteckiller

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2008, 04:01:37 pm »

Joe,

and again...you guys are talking about it...There is NO action.  Keep typing!

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2008, 04:12:11 pm »

Joe,

It’s called planning.

kelteckiller

« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2008, 04:13:50 pm »

Joe,

It’s called planning.

Uh-huh...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 26   Go Up