Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: open carry protests  (Read 91671 times)

kelteckiller

open carry protests
« on: June 12, 2008, 01:59:54 pm »

I just wanted to say something in here.  I am not a part of the Free State Project.  I think that your core ideas and values are good.  I do, however, disagree with the way you project your message.  I think that when you go up to a police officer with an open carry and provoke them by placing your hand on the weapon, that is wrong.  I am not saying it is wrong to open carry, or wrong to fight for your right to open carry.  I just think there are better ways to go about it.  Those cops are just trying to do what is right. I realize it is legal to open carry.  They are merely just responding to people complaining about someone with a gun.  They don't know the situation.  They have to at least check it out to make sure it is kosher.  I just think you are making their difficult job even harder.  I have MANY guns and carry and shoot them often.  I will never give them up and also agree with fighting to keep them, but there is a responsible way to do this.  Provoking incident and arrest is not one of them...

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
Re: open carry protests
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 02:18:25 pm »

I think that when you go up to a police officer with an open carry and provoke them by placing your hand on the weapon, that is wrong.

Who did that? I've never heard of anyone doing such a thing, in this movement or out of it.

lloydbob1

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 02:20:32 pm »

Me neither

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 03:05:47 pm »

I think that when you go up to a police officer with an open carry and provoke them by placing your hand on the weapon, that is wrong.

Who did that? I've never heard of anyone doing such a thing, in this movement or out of it.

I ditto Lloyd's ditto.

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 04:15:11 pm »

I ditto Lloyd's ditto.

hi dittle dittle...and all that ditto jazz...

It should be noted however, that there is nothing "in the law" about whether you have a body part on your sidearm or not...
And if a person wanted to use a hand on the grip as their weapon retention method...then so be it...
Holding on to your sidearm is not a crime...nor is it a threat...weapon retention is discretionary...

Many people walk around with their sidearms in their hands in their pockets, purses, and bags...

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

kelteckiller

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 04:18:08 pm »

It is the video your group posted on Youtube.  They are claiming to be apart of your group.  I forget the town in NH they were in, but it was DEFINITELY a free stater.  Also you guys did the public disgrace at the airport when your leader wanted to get arrested to prove a point about the national ID...again....no need to provoke arrest...  Just my opinion.  I just think you guys are going about making your point in the complete wrong way.  You are coming off as a bunch of nut jobs.  I am not saying you are nuts, but that is the public perception.  This is a view from outside the box....you should listen to it.  I am not saying I am right, not saying I am wrong...just an opinion.

kelteckiller

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 04:19:54 pm »

I ditto Lloyd's ditto.

It should be noted however, that there is nothing "in the law" about whether you have a body part on your sidearm or not...
And if a person wanted to use a hand on the grip as their weapon retention method...then so be it...
Holding on to your sidearm is not a crime...nor is it a threat...weapon retention is discretionary...

Many people walk around with their sidearms in their hands in their pockets, purses, and bags...

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

Well, the guy doing the open carry said to the officer that he felt threatened by the officer resting his arm on HIS firearm, so apparently your people think it IS threatening

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 04:31:58 pm »

It is the video your group posted on Youtube.  They are claiming to be apart of your group.  I forget the town in NH they were in, but it was DEFINITELY a free stater.  Also you guys did the public disgrace at the airport when your leader wanted to get arrested to prove a point about the national ID...again....no need to provoke arrest...  Just my opinion.  I just think you guys are going about making your point in the complete wrong way.  You are coming off as a bunch of nut jobs.  I am not saying you are nuts, but that is the public perception.  This is a view from outside the box....you should listen to it.  I am not saying I am right, not saying I am wrong...just an opinion.

please advise video location and the exact time during the video where an identifiable person puts their hand on their sidearm so we can authenticate this event...

thanks!

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 04:34:57 pm »

I ditto Lloyd's ditto.

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

Well, the guy doing the open carry said to the officer that he felt threatened by the officer resting his arm on HIS firearm, so apparently your people think it IS threatening

first of all...
there is no "your people"...
we are all Individual Sovereign Human Beings...

while it is possible that someone making a video stated to another person that they felt "threatened"...that doesn't mean that any other person would feel that way...

thanks!

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 09:47:31 pm »

Also you guys did the public disgrace at the airport when your leader wanted to get arrested to prove a point about the national ID...again....no need to provoke arrest... 

What the heck are you even talking about?  Leader?  What leader?  There is no leader of "us guys".  You must have "us" confused with a different group.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 09:55:46 pm »

Touching gun... not a threat.

Touching gun while ordering someone around... threat.

Simple, yes?

Joe

[edited for random spelling error]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:23:54 am by MaineShark »
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

kelteckiller

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 06:25:06 am »

I ditto Lloyd's ditto.

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXnK5UyRI

Ridley conducted himself professionally.  The other guy was just abrasive.  NOT necessary!

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 06:34:32 am »

wanted to get arrested to prove a point about the national ID...again....You are coming off as a bunch of nut jobs
I agree, that guy is a complete nut job.

lloydbob1

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 07:05:50 am »

But, a nice nutjob ;D

Keltec,  The first thing the nutjob would suggest to you is that you are free to move to NH and work on the Freedom Front any way that pleases you.

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 07:56:08 am »

I ditto Lloyd's ditto.

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXnK5UyRI

Ridley conducted himself professionally.  The other guy was just abrasive.  NOT necessary!

IIRC...
This event was initiated by a NH "state" "trooper" when said perpetrator "authoritarian" was present in a vehicle on Elm Street in Manchester.  Said "authoritarian" observed a peaceful and peace-loving victim walking northbound on the west sidewalk along Elm Street in front of the Rockwell facility.  Said "authoritarian" initiated an aggressive confrontation with the victim and restricted the victim's peaceful movement while verbally and physically threatening and harassing the peaceful and peace-loving victim.  The perpetrating "authoritarian" used radio communications to call other, more informed(state less informed than city?!?) "city" "authoritarians" to the location.  The additional "city" "authoritarians" were able to educate the deficient "state" "authoritarian" and the perpetration of the aggression towards the peaceful and peace-loving victim was terminated by the responding "city" "authoritarians".

Peaceful and peace-loving victim "Ridley" was conducting himself just fine BEFORE the aggression/force/fraud was perpetrated against him by the "authoritarian"...

"Ridley" wasn't performing any "profession"...he was WALKING...peacefully along a sidewalk...and there was NO "legitimate" "reason" for being victimized...

"Ridley" didn't NEED to "act" in ANY certain way...other than to continue peacefully along his way...IGNORING any perpetrations and/or intrusions along his peaceful journey...

The "other" "guy" was entirely correct in his outrage of this perpetration of aggression/force/fraud upon a peaceful and peace-loving Individual Sovereign Human Being...

It's just unfortunate that there weren't MORE video cameras and MORE outraged peaceful and peace-loving Individual Sovereign Human Beings there EXPRESSING their OUTRAGE...

As time progresses we will observe MANY MORE outraged Individual Sovereign Human Beings rightfully expressing their ANIMOSITY and OUTRAGE at the aggression/force/fraud of the "authoritarians" and all the rest of the looters, bureaucrats, jackboots, and mercenaries...

For most of us...this can't happen quick enough...

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 26   Go Up