Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: open carry protests  (Read 93479 times)

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
Re: open carry protests
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 08:02:53 am »

But, a nice nutjob ;D

Keltec,  The first thing the nutjob would suggest to you is that you are free to move to NH and work on the Freedom Front any way that pleases you.

It's a sad period in human history when peaceful and peace-loving Individual Sovereign Human Beings, as students and advocates of the Philosophically Mature Non-Aggression Principle (which FULLY respects each and every Individual Sovereign Human Being's Basic Inherent Inalienable Irrevocable Human Rights), are disrespected so viciously by being related to as "nutjobs"...

The only "nutjob" we see is "kelteckiller"...

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 08:03:58 am »

Well, the guy doing the open carry said to the officer that he felt threatened by the officer resting his arm on HIS firearm, so apparently your people think it IS threatening

Touching gun... not a threat.

Toughing gun while ordering someone around... threat.

Simple, yes?

Joe

Simple Indeed!

go figure...

rad

enjoy!

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 08:28:14 am »

Russell definitely seems over the top in that video. Then again he was pretty pissed off. And you might be pissed off too if someone was harassing one of your friends for no reason.

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 08:38:13 am »

Russell definitely seems over the top in that video. Then again he was pretty pissed off. And you might be pissed off too if someone was harassing one of your friends for no reason.

Well founded animosity and outrage indeed...

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 09:37:32 am »

But, a nice nutjob ;D

Keltec,  The first thing the nutjob would suggest to you is that you are free to move to NH and work on the Freedom Front any way that pleases you.

It's a sad period in human history when peaceful and peace-loving Individual Sovereign Human Beings, as students and advocates of the Philosophically Mature Non-Aggression Principle (which FULLY respects each and every Individual Sovereign Human Being's Basic Inherent Inalienable Irrevocable Human Rights), are disrespected so viciously by being related to as "nutjobs"...

The only "nutjob" we see is "kelteckiller"...

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

The only inherent inalienable irrevocable human right... is freedom of will. The right to life, liberty, and property is a social contract, and is many times ignored by sovereign individuals.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 09:42:58 am »

The only inherent inalienable irrevocable human right... is freedom of will. The right to life, liberty, and property is a social contract, and is many times ignored by sovereign individuals.

Just because someone can violate another's rights, does not make those rights a "social contract" (especially given that there is no such thing as a social contract).

The right inherent in humanity is self-ownership.  All other actual rights are derivatives thereof.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

kelteckiller

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 01:36:24 pm »

But, a nice nutjob ;D

I was born and raised here...I want to make this very clear...I AGREE with open carry, gun rights, constitutional rights, etc...My argument is the method in which you go about projecting your ideas to the public.  Constructive criticism...

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 01:47:55 pm »

I was born and raised here...I want to make this very clear...I AGREE with open carry, gun rights, constitutional rights, etc...My argument is the method in which you go about projecting your ideas to the public.  Constructive criticism...

I don't mind constructive criticism.  I just didn't think your criticism was particularly constructive.  Further, you were criticizing something that, to the best of my knowledge, never even occurred.  Your facts are all wrong, either intentionally or by mistake.  Nowhere did a free stater (nor anyone else I'm aware of) "go up to a police officer and provoke them" by putting a hand on a weapon.  And no "leader" of any group that I'm aware of intentionally got arrested at an airport.

So, criticism?  Fine.  Constructive criticism?  Even better.  Criticism of things that you either made up or confused with other events?  Totally useless!

I'm glad you're more or less on board with the core ideas of the FSP.  The FSP needs all the friends it can get -- particularly NH natives!  You just need to refine your technique a little bit, and offer constructive criticisms of things that actually happened.   :)   <---- Now THAT is constructive criticism.   ;D

kelteckiller

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 08:42:05 am »

I don't mind constructive criticism.  I just didn't think your criticism was particularly constructive.  Further, you were criticizing something that, to the best of my knowledge, never even occurred.  Your facts are all wrong, either intentionally or by mistake.  Nowhere did a free stater (nor anyone else I'm aware of) "go up to a police officer and provoke them" by putting a hand on a weapon.  And no "leader" of any group that I'm aware of intentionally got arrested at an airport.

So, criticism?  Fine.  Constructive criticism?  Even better.  Criticism of things that you either made up or confused with other events?  Totally useless!

I'm glad you're more or less on board with the core ideas of the FSP.  The FSP needs all the friends it can get -- particularly NH natives!  You just need to refine your technique a little bit, and offer constructive criticisms of things that actually happened.   :)   <---- Now THAT is constructive criticism.   ;D

Those two events did happen.  The airport thing was back in 2003 or maybe 2004...around there.  There were MANY Porcupines there.  The other one is on Youtube, I just can't find it.  He also stated he was with the FSP and there were a couple other guys with him.  He was inappropriate in his interaction.  Am I saying the cops were right or wrong?  No.  I am merely speaking on the actions of that one individual.
Bottom line is, I just don't agree with your groups method of voicing opinions.  That is MY opinion.  You aren't going to sway me and I am not going to sway you, but I will put my opinion out there.  Don't feel like I am attacking you, but if I think someone is a nut job...I will call em that.  I have lived in this state for 3 decades, my ENTIRE life, and it has been great.  I carry a weapon ALL the time and NEVER get a problem.  I use COMMON sense and COMMON courtesy where I carry the thing.  I don't bring it ANYWHERE near alcohol I.E. bars...that is just irresponsible, and I don't carry it a few other choice places.  I lock it in my vehicle out of sight.  Why create a scene?  I understand it is your right, but there is common sense and common courtesy that comes into play...in my opinion...

kelteckiller

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 08:54:44 am »

#
Keene man arrested in airport protest
Sunday, June 12, 2005 9:54:05 AM · by kingattax · 38 replies · 899+ views
Associated Press ^ | June 11, 2005
MANCHESTER, N.H. - A Keene man who planned to try to board a flight carrying nothing but a Bible and a copy of the Declaration of Independence was arrested Saturday at Manchester Airport. Russell Kanning, 35, was arrested after refusing to comply with security screening procedures and refusing to leave the screening area, according to the Rockingham County sheriff's department. He was charged with criminal trespassing and was being held at the Rockingham County jail. Kanning, an accountant and staunch Libertarian, said last week he hoped his actions would highlight what he considers overly burdensome state intrusion. ``They're not going...

kelteckiller

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2008, 08:57:38 am »

#
Keene man arrested in airport protest
Sunday, June 12, 2005 9:54:05 AM · by kingattax · 38 replies · 899+ views
Associated Press ^ | June 11, 2005
MANCHESTER, N.H. - A Keene man who planned to try to board a flight carrying nothing but a Bible and a copy of the Declaration of Independence was arrested Saturday at Manchester Airport. Russell Kanning, 35, was arrested after refusing to comply with security screening procedures and refusing to leave the screening area, according to the Rockingham County sheriff's department. He was charged with criminal trespassing and was being held at the Rockingham County jail. Kanning, an accountant and staunch Libertarian, said last week he hoped his actions would highlight what he considers overly burdensome state intrusion. ``They're not going...

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1007

There is one of the ones I was talking about.

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 10:16:03 am »

Those two events did happen.  The airport thing was back in 2003 or maybe 2004...around there.  There were MANY Porcupines there.

Yes, I'm aware that Russell Kanning went to the airport and was arrested.  You specifically said that "our leader" was arrested.  That's why I went out of my way to point out that there is no leader, and that you must be thinking of something else.  All you had to do was say, "Ok, some guy who happens to be in the FSP intentionally got arrested at the airport", and there wouldn't be a problem.  Don't play fast and loose with the facts, that's all I'm saying.

The other one is on Youtube, I just can't find it.  He also stated he was with the FSP and there were a couple other guys with him.  He was inappropriate in his interaction.  Am I saying the cops were right or wrong?  No.  I am merely speaking on the actions of that one individual.

Maybe you're thinking of Dave Ridley's run-in with Manchester cops?  As far as I know, he did not "go up to a police officer and provoke them" by putting a hand on a weapon.  If you have evidence to the contrary, please cite it.  Dave acted totally appropriately with the cops, and the cops were the ones who initiated the confrontation.  Dave was just walking from his car to Murphy's if I'm remembering it right.  He was polite, completely non-threatening, and abided by the law during the entire encounter.  I fail to see how anyone would object to his behavior in that video.  In fact, as a result of that incident, the mayor of Manchester issued a memorandum to his police force to remind them that open carry is lawful, and to stop harassing people who are breaking no law.

Bottom line is, I just don't agree with your groups method of voicing opinions.  That is MY opinion.  You aren't going to sway me and I am not going to sway you, but I will put my opinion out there.  Don't feel like I am attacking you, but if I think someone is a nut job...I will call em that.  I have lived in this state for 3 decades, my ENTIRE life, and it has been great.  I carry a weapon ALL the time and NEVER get a problem.  I use COMMON sense and COMMON courtesy where I carry the thing.  I don't bring it ANYWHERE near alcohol I.E. bars...that is just irresponsible, and I don't carry it a few other choice places.  I lock it in my vehicle out of sight.  Why create a scene?  I understand it is your right, but there is common sense and common courtesy that comes into play...in my opinion...

I understand and respect your opinion.  I'm in favor of common courtesy and common sense as well.  Some people do things a bit differently, but I can hardly fault someone for acting lawfully (i.e., not going out of his way to provoke anyone), politely, and justly.  If you're trying to attack Dave Ridley's polite method of conducting himself lawfully -- or disobeying what he believes to be unjust laws -- you're not going to find much sympathy.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 10:17:44 am by margomaps »

kelteckiller

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 11:00:23 am »

Those two events did happen.  The airport thing was back in 2003 or maybe 2004...around there.  There were MANY Porcupines there.

Yes, I'm aware that Russell Kanning went to the airport and was arrested.  You specifically said that "our leader" was arrested.  That's why I went out of my way to point out that there is no leader, and that you must be thinking of something else.  All you had to do was say, "Ok, some guy who happens to be in the FSP intentionally got arrested at the airport", and there wouldn't be a problem.  Don't play fast and loose with the facts, that's all I'm saying.

The other one is on Youtube, I just can't find it.  He also stated he was with the FSP and there were a couple other guys with him.  He was inappropriate in his interaction.  Am I saying the cops were right or wrong?  No.  I am merely speaking on the actions of that one individual.

Maybe you're thinking of Dave Ridley's run-in with Manchester cops?  As far as I know, he did not "go up to a police officer and provoke them" by putting a hand on a weapon.  If you have evidence to the contrary, please cite it.  Dave acted totally appropriately with the cops, and the cops were the ones who initiated the confrontation.  Dave was just walking from his car to Murphy's if I'm remembering it right.  He was polite, completely non-threatening, and abided by the law during the entire encounter.  I fail to see how anyone would object to his behavior in that video.  In fact, as a result of that incident, the mayor of Manchester issued a memorandum to his police force to remind them that open carry is lawful, and to stop harassing people who are breaking no law.

I understand and respect your opinion.  I'm in favor of common courtesy and common sense as well.  Some people do things a bit differently, but I can hardly fault someone for acting lawfully (i.e., not going out of his way to provoke anyone), politely, and justly.  If you're trying to attack Dave Ridley's polite method of conducting himself lawfully -- or disobeying what he believes to be unjust laws -- you're not going to find much sympathy.

I tried to be very clear, in that, I did not think that Ridley was doing anything wrong.  The other guy was overreacting.  The Manchester PD is not the video I am referring to.  I will find the one I am referring to...give me a little time.  there are a couple videos on Youtube apparently...The guy I am talking about is crossing a line that shouldn't be crossed...

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 03:47:32 pm »

I tried to be very clear, in that, I did not think that Ridley was doing anything wrong.  The other guy was overreacting.  The Manchester PD is not the video I am referring to.  I will find the one I am referring to...give me a little time.  there are a couple videos on Youtube apparently...The guy I am talking about is crossing a line that shouldn't be crossed...

Are you talking about a video in which Lauren Canario was pulled over and refused to say anything to the police officer, and refused to hand over her license and registration (which she does not have)?  Later in the video, her passengers are standing outside the car at night with some police officers, and the person with the camera is questioning why the police officers have their hands on their guns.  When the police officers state something like "that's just how we like to keep our hands, we're not threatening you" or something along those lines, the cameraman asks, "would it be OK if we put our hands on our guns then?"  Of course the police officers tell them no, and the cameraman points out that he believes the cops are being hypocritical.

Is that the video you're talking about?

kelteckiller

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2008, 04:11:15 pm »

Are you talking about a video in which Lauren Canario was pulled over and refused to say anything to the police officer, and refused to hand over her license and registration (which she does not have)?  Later in the video, her passengers are standing outside the car at night with some police officers, and the person with the camera is questioning why the police officers have their hands on their guns.  When the police officers state something like "that's just how we like to keep our hands, we're not threatening you" or something along those lines, the cameraman asks, "would it be OK if we put our hands on our guns then?"  Of course the police officers tell them no, and the cameraman points out that he believes the cops are being hypocritical.

Is that the video you're talking about?

YES!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Up