Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 51800 times)

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
Re: A few questions
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2008, 07:50:46 am »

Yeah, that's a sensible claim.  The individual who is actually living in NH, who was a "freestater" before Sorens even came up with the notion, and who is actively working for liberty is the troll.  But the individual who just showed up and does nothing but troll threads, who doesn't live here, and who hasn't contributed anything to the cause of liberty... is not.

I definitely agree.

The courtesy we show to other people on the Internet is unrelated to our geographical locations or when we put ourselves there.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2008, 08:28:14 am »

Yeah, that's a sensible claim.  The individual who is actually living in NH, who was a "freestater" before Sorens even came up with the notion, and who is actively working for liberty is the troll.  But the individual who just showed up and does nothing but troll threads, who doesn't live here, and who hasn't contributed anything to the cause of liberty... is not.
I definitely agree.

The courtesy we show to other people on the Internet is unrelated to our geographical locations or when we put ourselves there.

No, it's related to content.  The content of your posts has been troll-ish, from the beginning.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2008, 08:53:12 am »

I definitely agree.

No, it's related to content.  The content of your posts has been troll-ish, from the beginning.

Joe

Good, I'm glad we agree that living in NH, and "being a 'freestater' before Sorens came up with [it]', etc. is completely irrelevant to the trolling issue.

As far as content, I disagree. My posts have not been troll-ish. At least, I'm not quite sure of your motivation for saying they are. Merely saying they're trolls doesn't make them trolls. And if you incorrectly interpreted them as trolls, they were never intended to be.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2008, 10:01:29 am »

Good, I'm glad we agree that living in NH, and "being a 'freestater' before Sorens came up with [it]', etc. is completely irrelevant to the trolling issue.

Um, no, we don't agree on that.  I said that such things were unrelated to courtesy.

As far as content, I disagree. My posts have not been troll-ish. At least, I'm not quite sure of your motivation for saying they are. Merely saying they're trolls doesn't make them trolls. And if you incorrectly interpreted them as trolls, they were never intended to be.

If they were never intended to be, you sure did an excellent job of making them trolls, anyway... ::)

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2008, 10:47:02 am »

If they were never intended to be, you sure did an excellent job of making them trolls, anyway... ::)

Joe

We often see what we want to see.

There's this thing about knee-jerk reactions like that... your knee jerks in the direction you are already facing...

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2008, 10:50:28 am »

Did Powerchuter self-censor or did a moderator pull his last comment?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:52:13 am by B.D. Ross »

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2008, 04:04:00 pm »

Again, just asking; if there is no verbal assault, what is slander and libel?
  It could be slander/libel of my own character, which I assume I own, or slander/libel
 that hurts the earning or investment potential of my private property.
  Are those just assumed risks?

I think slander/libel should be legal.

Yes and no. Some slander/libel rises to the level of fraud (making false statements purporting to be true, that damage another specific individual economically) but much of what people try to call slander/libel is just patent nonsense.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2008, 08:05:20 am »

I think slander/libel should be legal.

Yes and no. Some slander/libel rises to the level of fraud (making false statements purporting to be true, that damage another specific individual economically) but much of what people try to call slander/libel is just patent nonsense.

I agree. I think for dishonesty to rise to the level of a violation of the NAP, there needs to be demonstrable harm from it other than hurt feelings.

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2008, 01:15:08 pm »

Did Powerchuter self-censor or did a moderator pull his last comment?

Now what do you think?
Do you(or anyone else) actually think I would write something I didn't actually mean to write!?!?!

I've been censored and banned from NHFree and...even though I was the first Life Member of the NHLA...I've been banned there also...

I'd suspect that the goon squad has been stirring the pot since they've harrassed me, my family, my friends, and my associates repeatedly...

They've more than likely been threatened with kidnapping, torture, and possibly even murder so you would expect them to always deny they've been contacted...

Nevertheless, I used the F-bomb and wrote in a "less than social" manner...

geez...

cry me a river...

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2008, 05:19:35 pm »

As a Mod I can tell you I didn't pull the post.

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2008, 12:31:20 am »

Now what do you think?
Do you(or anyone else) actually think I would write something I didn't actually mean to write!?!?!

I've been censored and banned from NHFree and...even though I was the first Life Member of the NHLA...I've been banned there also...

Yes, I think you might.

Irrelevant though.
Unless Dreepa is the only moderator, my question is unanswered.
You've neither confirmed nor denied whether you removed the post.
Your response did not give a definite "yes" or "no" answer.
Not that I'm concerned. Judging by your response, I don't think you'd answer now: silence will speak for you.
Just dispelling the myth that a rhetorical question substitutes for a responsive answer.
And not that it truly matters anyhow. If you did remove the post, that was very courteous of you.

I'd suspect that the goon squad has been stirring the pot since they've harrassed me, my family, my friends, and my associates repeatedly...

They've more than likely been threatened with kidnapping, torture, and possibly even murder so you would expect them to always deny they've been contacted...

Don't know what you're talking about.

geez...

cry me a river...

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

Cry yourself a river? I'm not complaining about your post. Certainly not because of the content per se. True, I do think it was quite juvenile and unprovoked. But if you want to use this forum to broadcast your generalized hate toward anyone who holds a slightly different opinion than you and make thinly veiled physical threats to injure me, I have no compelling desire to stop you.

Maybe the moderators will pull your posts. Maybe not. Sounds like they've done it before. This is a forum for Prospective Participants after all. And your post appeared very far from welcoming to an outsider. As I've said on other threads, I usually don't read your posts--which is why I was surprised you were addressing me personally.

But if the mods had deprived other readers of yet another opportunity to judge the value of your posts, I would've been a bit disappointed. I would've certainly understood the mod's reasons for it. But I wouldn't think you deserved special protection from public scrutiny because of your unpleasant demeanor. Regardless, it was nice of you to pull it.

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2008, 08:54:09 am »

Now what do you think?

Yes, I think you might.

Then you thought wrong...

Irrelevant though.
Unless Dreepa is the only moderator, my question is unanswered.
You've neither confirmed nor denied whether you removed the post.
Your response did not give a definite "yes" or "no" answer.
Not that I'm concerned. Judging by your response, I don't think you'd answer now: silence will speak for you.
Just dispelling the myth that a rhetorical question substitutes for a responsive answer.
And not that it truly matters anyhow. If you did remove the post, that was very courteous of you.

Those that know me will know I did NOT remove, and do not remove...my posts...
(although I will say that I have removed a few of the thousands when they were already posted by others)

Don't know what you're talking about.

said denial...

geez...

cry me a river...

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

Cry yourself a river? I'm not complaining about your post.

Didn't say YOU were...

Certainly not because of the content per se. True, I do think it was quite juvenile and unprovoked. But if you want to use this forum to broadcast your generalized hate toward anyone who holds a slightly different opinion than you and make thinly veiled physical threats to injure me, I have no compelling desire to stop you.

Maybe the moderators will pull your posts. Maybe not. Sounds like they've done it before. This is a forum for Prospective Participants after all. And your post appeared very far from welcoming to an outsider. As I've said on other threads, I usually don't read your posts--which is why I was surprised you were addressing me personally.

NOT addressing you "personally"...

But if the mods had deprived other readers of yet another opportunity to judge the value of your posts, I would've been a bit disappointed. I would've certainly understood the mod's reasons for it. But I wouldn't think you deserved special protection from public scrutiny because of your unpleasant demeanor. Regardless, it was nice of you to pull it.

Didn't "pull" it...

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2008, 08:58:41 am »

As a Mod I can tell you I didn't pull the post.

The bigger question is whether the moderator who DID remove my post...did so only because of their own discomfort and philosophical immaturity...or because of the complaints of other uncomfortable and philosophically immature human beings...

I don't believe you(Dreepa) would have removed my post...whether you liked it or not...

Others...not so much...

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

RWR

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2008, 02:46:39 pm »

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3263
It is funny to read some of the dated tech advice in the first post in that thread. Otherwise I think it lays things out pretty decently. If you post certain things here, you can expect it to not be appeciated and deleted by the moderators. I have never been a moderator on this forum, since I am a forum nazi and not a moderating influence ;D
I hate to add more offtopic stuph here, but the cited thread is closed to people like me.

What were we talking about in this thread anyways? I can't believe the original poster had a few questions he wanted to ask and have it lead to a few people arguing with each other. ;)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up