Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 50212 times)

John Edward Mercier

• Native
Re: A few questions
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2008, 09:26:06 am »

I live within less than 500 feet of Rte 106 between Laconia and Loudon... its motorcycle week and even in my yard, I hardly notice.
Now if I burn toast and my smoke detectors go off... that's annoying.

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2008, 09:31:02 am »

I live within less than 500 feet of Rte 106 between Laconia and Loudon... its motorcycle week and even in my yard, I hardly notice.
Now if I burn toast and my smoke detectors go off... that's annoying.

Is your hearing OK?  I can hear loud bikes on the highway from about 1/2 mile away, through thick forest with multiple 30ft +/- elevation changes.   ;D

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2008, 09:39:13 am »

I hear very well...
Most likely I've gotten use to the sound.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2008, 09:52:38 am »

But I can certainly produce frequencies with enough strength to drown out or distort others, all from my own private property and not cause harm to their body or private structures.

And...?

What's your point?

They don't own the radio spectrum, and have no standing to deny you use of it.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2008, 10:17:17 am »

I hear very well...
Most likely I've gotten use to the sound.

Or you've become deaf in the frequency range of motorcycle engines/exhaust from overexposure.   8)

I'm only kidding.  One does get used to certain sounds when exposed to them frequently enough.  I guess "tuning out" is a valuable defense mechanism against insanity.   :)

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2008, 03:06:04 pm »

and now that we have...folks like Maineshark, J, and I are totally fed up with the "unpure"...

several folks repeatedly proclaim that we should welcome the "unpure" into our midst to assist in "movement" towards "productive" ends...

and we won't deny that using/exploiting these unpure people "helps" to slow down the tyranny of the majority...

but by the very nature of our usage/exploitation of the unpure...we are extending and furthering the reign of terror of the tyrannical majority...

and I won't claim to be innocent of these charges...I wholeheartedly use/exploit the Ron Paul Campaign and the Campaign for Liberty(not to mention Aaron Russo's film and many other instruments of instruction) to assist in reaching/educating/waking-up those who have stagnated in Philosophical Maturity 101...

Actually, I’m still one of the people who think we can help move these “almost-there libertarians” in the right direction toward voluntaryism…

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2008, 03:53:39 pm »

When pushed to the breaking point, the mainstream usually moves into the libertarian camp. If they take rational thought and non aggression seriously, they often move on to anarchy. That interim step is crucial for most people. As unpleasant as it gets, it isn't an option that I want removed. It gets them thinking and learning.

Everyone at their own pace.

Cathleen

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2008, 09:55:04 pm »

When pushed to the breaking point, the mainstream usually moves into the libertarian camp. If they take rational thought and non aggression seriously, they often move on to anarchy. That interim step is crucial for most people. As unpleasant as it gets, it isn't an option that I want removed. It gets them thinking and learning.

Everyone at their own pace.

Cathleen
this

I am an 80%... FSchimdt you can move to NH.. I will help you move in.  Concord might be a town  you are looking for.  You can walk and it is still 'rural' enough.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2008, 11:05:34 pm »

Your "rhetorical style" seems to be that you whine and complain about everything, without ever adding anything of substance to any conversation, then argue about how you didn't mean to say what you obviously said.  It's exactly the style used by politicians, and other such scum.

Anyone with any real involvement in the liberty movement would know of the principle of self-ownership, and the derivation.  I'm not duplicating it here because such a request is completely asinine.  Unless, of course, the one making the request actually knows nothing about the principles involved in libertarian thought, because that individual is actually nothing of the sort...

As I said, I'm also not "proving" that the Earth is round, or how gravitation works, or any other such things.  That's not because they're unprovable, or because I'm insisting that you should just "take it on faith," but simply because they have been established elsewhere, and you should already know that if you live in this society.

Joe

Hmm, I don't think I've been whining or complaining. Discussing, same as everyone else. Terrible shame my posts seem to grate you so. But if all we can do is resort to ad hominem attacks and fallacious argumentation, I don't think we'll ever go anywhere.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2008, 11:15:34 pm »

all we can do is resort to ad hominem attacks and fallacious argumentation
Welcome to teh internets  :P

Seriously, I had several knock-down, drag-out forum fights with MaineShark before we got to chatting in person at a few parties & similar events. The internet is a crummy way to communicate with people -- compared to face-to-face. Especially prickly porcupines!

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2008, 11:19:26 pm »

Seriously, I had several knock-down, drag-out forum fights with MaineShark before we got to chatting in person at a few parties & similar events. The internet is a crummy way to communicate with people -- compared to face-to-face. Especially prickly porcupines!

Thanks for teh memo ;D

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2008, 08:46:53 am »

Denis relates a very common situation between the interwebs, and their north and south pole mutual repulsions, and the real world discretion of the Philosophically Mature students and advocates of the Non-Aggression Principle as they respectfully demand that each and every Individual Sovereign Human Being recognize and interact respecting the Basic Inherent Inalienable Irrevocable Human Rights of each and every other Individual Sovereign Human Being...

Most often you will find my "point of entry" into a discussion/situation/incident coming directly from the "repel and destroy" "end" of the spectrum of human interaction...

This is intentionally done(obviously) to accelerate the destruction of the cognitive dissonance of the enslaved masses still embedded in the mind control matrix, the global gulag, and the prison planet...

It's not a "style" for the faint at heart as can be attested by my being "banned" from several forums...including one which Denis personally lords over(NHLA)...

I'm actually proud of the fact that I'm the first Life Member of the NHLA...and the first to be banned from the forum...

Go figure...

And...

Denis is moving my way...
(you don't have to admit it though...lol...)

Thankfully...

Slowly but surely...

NAP...not just for breakfast anymore...

Enjoy!

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2008, 08:54:48 am »

I am an 80%... FSchimdt you can move to NH.. I will help you move in.  Concord might be a town  you are looking for.  You can walk and it is still 'rural' enough.

Concord is pretty noisy.  I worked there for a while.  Lots of barking dogs and loud stereos.

Hmm, I don't think I've been whining or complaining. Discussing, same as everyone else. Terrible shame my posts seem to grate you so.

Discussing is when you add things to a conversation.  Even just saying, "hey, I agree with this" is of value.

Your posts here have pretty much been nothing but trolling.

But if all we can do is resort to ad hominem attacks and fallacious argumentation, I don't think we'll ever go anywhere.
[emphasis added]

Is that a royal "we," there?

Seriously, I had several knock-down, drag-out forum fights with MaineShark...

Really?  I don't recall anything like that.  Of course, we've both been at this a long time, and it's early in the morning, so it's possible that I'm not recalling something.

Still, I'm not a "yes-man," and if a friend says something incorrect, I don't just ignore it.  Depending on the level of friendship, I might make the "reprimand" private, I suppose.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2008, 09:00:24 am »

In all "fairness"...

Denis did warn me before banning me...

Much the same as the murderous raping necrophiliac "advises" their victim that the penetration will only hurt while they're still alive...

Hey...

Some like it hot...

Some like it cold...

Go figure...

RAD

Enjoy!

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2008, 09:20:01 am »

Would you compare your non-agression principle to roughly... All men have certain natural, essential, and inherent rights - among which are, the enjoying and defending life and liberty; acquiring, possessing, and protecting, property; and, in a word, of seeking and obtaining happiness without coercion?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up

anything