Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What towns do you recommend?  (Read 5877 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: What towns do you recommend?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 02:08:02 am »

Wow, I think that Seabrook wins most of those categories.  Living here in Seabrook, Boston is a 35-45 minute commute, depending on traffic.  The town has a very libertarian climate, and people basically believe that you have the right to do what you want with your own life.  Seabrook offers the mildest climate anywhere in the state, and there is enough commercial development for a town three times its size.  Bordering with Mass, there is a tremendous amount of development going on as businesses move up here to avoid the taxes, liability, and stupidity of Mass.

More and more freestaters are making their way into Seabrook, which is developing into a kind of seacoast free town project (like Keene, Manchester, Deerfield, and Grafton).  We've had a lot of freestaters make their way out here to take a look at Seabrook, and there's been an increased interest in the town.  We already have two libertarians on the Board of Selectmen, including Brendan Kelly, who is chairman of the LPNH.  Seabrook is by far the most libertarian town on the coast, and I think that it will succeed as a free town project because it is a very livable town.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

lloydbob1

Re: What towns do you recommend?
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 08:26:41 am »

Clearly, the term 'Free Town Like' should be applied to Keene, Manchester and Deerfield. They may have a lot of Freestaters, but, they are never going to be Free towns.  The only town, presently, that has a chance of being Free, is Grafton.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up