Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternatives Expo at PorcFest - site P32  (Read 4335 times)

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
Alternatives Expo at PorcFest - site P32
« on: June 08, 2008, 10:20:19 pm »

The Alternatives Expo is going on again at PorcFest. Yeah, I know, we're so underground you haven't heard a peep from us. We'll be at P32 with some alternatives to the mainstream presentations by day and videos by night. We'll also have a hospitality room all day Saturday in the Pistol Pub in the lodge.

Look for all kinds of innovations this year from the Alternatives Expo. We're even issuing our own money! Come by Tuesday at 2PM if you want to be on the Board of Directors of the Expo Hour system - a PorcFest time-based money experiment. It'll be similar to the Ithaca Hour with some of our own twists.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
Re: Alternatives Expo at PorcFest - site P32
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 05:02:39 pm »

The Alternatives Expo is going on again at PorcFest. Yeah, I know, we're so underground you haven't heard a peep from us.

I thought it went great—and an awful lot of people showed up for it despite its being so un-advertised.

techforumz

• Freedom Freak
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 09:07:17 pm »

What is this "alternatives expo"? Under-advertised, it certainly is. Doesn't matter for me, though, couldn't go anyways.
\"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.\"<br />     - Benjamin Franklin

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 09:34:31 pm »

What is this "alternatives expo"? Under-advertised, it certainly is. Doesn't matter for me, though, couldn't go anyways.

Alternative energy, currencies, housing, medicine, &c.. They have a website: http://altexpo.org/.

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 11:02:40 am »

The website is, uh, "developing". It's a cooperatively created site - an idea I'm trying to force to come. (and to persuade presenters to "cooperate" on).

A great time was had by all and since then, we held a mini AltExpo#2.1 and will have a #2.2 at Burning Porcupine in Grafton. Others to follow that with seminars expanding on the brief presentations held at the big events.
Pages: [1]   Go Up