Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Correctional Officer--Dover  (Read 12047 times)

freedomroad

Re: Correctional Officer--Dover
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 11:36:02 am »

For some strange reason, I'm getting the feeling that if you're not an anarchist--don't bother joining the FSP.  :-\

It's more like, if you are an anarchist, don't be in your face about it or you will not be allowed in FSP leadership.  Certainly neither the founder nor the current FSP leader are anarchists.  But maybe you were just joking and used the wrong face?

OT
I'm excited to work for the government in NH but not this job :)

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 04:00:13 pm »

If you're not an anarchist, please join the FSP and join in to the continuing debates between the anarchists and the minarchists.  Also join a political -oriented organization, such as the Liberty Alliance http://www.nhliberty.org/ or LEAP www.leap.cc, where you will associate with like-minded Free Staters coming at this from a slightly different angle.

Politically-oriented activism and anarchism are not mutually exclusive.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 04:01:48 pm »

For some strange reason, I'm getting the feeling that if you're not an anarchist--don't bother joining the FSP.  :-\

It's more like, if you are an anarchist, don't be in your face about it or you will not be allowed in FSP leadership.  Certainly neither the founder nor the current FSP leader are anarchists.  But maybe you were just joking and used the wrong face?

Seeing as how the FSP is only a bus to get people into New Hampshire, that doesn’t really matter. An awful lot of anarchists/voluntaryists have taken that bus…

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 05:25:59 pm »

Kevin, your "job"...your "paycheck"...your "place" of "employment" are ALL via the aggression/force/fraud of some supposed "state"...all STOLEN PROPERTY...
Each and every time you "set foot" on your "place" of "employment" to "do" your "job" and "receive" your "paycheck" you are committing a FRESH/NEW/ADDITIONAL theft and robbery against a peaceful and peace-loving people...

You are NO DIFFERENT from a perpetrator who kicks in a door, holds the inhabitants at gunpoint, and takes whatever you desire...you should be repelled and destroyed...and you would be...if you were conducting your "livelihood" in the "first-person"...but you are most certainly NOT...

Yes. And every time you vote, you are no different from Nancy Pelosi.

If you're going to be an absolutist about government, then be one. Don't be a hypocrite.

Because, of course Nancy Pelosi would vote for Ron Paul...
Yep, me and Nancy...two peas in a pod...
not...

My "vote" is for Ron Paul...I'm not perfect and he's not perfect either...
But he sure is getting the message out and that's what does it for me...

and...you, Nancy, and Ron are all three enjoying the loot/booty/stolen property of others...

at least Nancy and Ron aren't looking through the bars at the political prisoners...

"just following orders" didn't work at Nuremberg and it won't work for you...

out of the three I'll pick Ron any day...

go figure...

rad

enjoy!

Viva La Revolucion, Libertas!

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 05:28:51 pm »

It's more like, if you are an anarchist, don't be in your face about it or you will not be allowed in FSP leadership.  Certainly neither the founder nor the current FSP leader are anarchists.  But maybe you were just joking and used the wrong face?

OT
I'm excited to work for the government in NH but not this job :)
How do you define 'leader'?
Also how do you define anarchists... I know of LOTS of anarchists that are also 'practical anarchists'... they are working for getting the state to a smaller point.....then they can break with those crazy Constitutionalists.... :-*

freedomroad

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 02:29:35 am »

How do you define 'leader'?

It doesn't matter to you because you are not nor will you ever be a part of FSP leadership  :-*

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 11:24:38 am »

I should hope nobody gets that feeling.

If you're not an anarchist, please join the FSP and join in to the continuing debates between the anarchists and the minarchists.  Also join a political -oriented organization, such as the Liberty Alliance http://www.nhliberty.org/ or LEAP www.leap.cc, where you will associate with like-minded Free Staters coming at this from a slightly different angle.

The day when the anarchist free-staters really need to rise up and throw off the oppressive yoke of the laissez-faire free-staters... if you don't see that as a huge improvement over the world today; maybe then you shouldn't bother joining the FSP.   ;)
FYI, I've been a member of the FSP, LEAP, & NHLA for a couple years now. Apparently, I care enough about the free marketeer theme to be a platinum FTL amper. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, I more than welcome the marketization of the criminal justice system. My most recent comment about the FSP was made because the prospective movers that peruse this forum shouldn't feel like they have to be an ultimate purist to make the move or consider doing so. It's time for certain folks to re-read the FSP Statement of Intent.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 12:02:39 pm by Rebel »

Fishercat

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 03:51:07 pm »

FYI, I've been a member of the FSP, LEAP, & NHLA for a couple years now. Apparently, I care enough about the free marketeer theme to be a platinum FTL amper. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, I more than welcome the marketization of the criminal justice system. My most recent comment about the FSP was made because the prospective movers that peruse this forum shouldn't feel like they have to be an ultimate purist to make the move or consider doing so. It's time for certain folks to re-read the FSP Statement of Intent.  ;)

As was my reply.   I kinda figured you already knew this.

I also am sometimes afraid that the forum heads in directions that could give the wrong impression to those who don't already know the players.  I don't know about here, but many boards consist of 90% lurkers.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 04:51:27 pm »

prospective movers that peruse this forum shouldn't feel like they have to be an ultimate purist to make the move or consider doing so. It's time for certain folks to re-read the FSP Statement of Intent.  ;)

+1
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2008, 08:48:35 pm »

prospective movers that peruse this forum shouldn't feel like they have to be an ultimate purist to make the move or consider doing so. It's time for certain folks to re-read the FSP Statement of Intent.  ;)

+1
+2

I would rather have a much less than pure person (like me) who does stuff then 10 purists who debate stuff.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 05:03:43 pm »

I didn’t mean to give the impression that I’m a purist. (I’m usually arguing against such people over on the other forums). I may have an absolutist viewpoint on the Non-Aggression Principle, but strategically, and in the short- to medium-term, I think and work pragmatically. I’m willing to work with and support people who are nowhere near the NAP yet, or may never be—in order to help move us all in that direction.

I just think that working as a corrections officer is a much more extreme “inside the system” position than being a police officer or a politician, where, despite the good one does, one can’t help but also inflict aggression upon innocent people throughout one’s entire workday (unless the jail in question holds not a single person who broke a victimless-crime law). Even if one didn’t put them there, one is still complicit in keeping them there.

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 06:53:27 pm »

I didn’t mean to give the impression that I’m a purist. (I’m usually arguing against such people over on the other forums). I may have an absolutist viewpoint on the Non-Aggression Principle, but strategically, and in the short- to medium-term, I think and work pragmatically. I’m willing to work with and support people who are nowhere near the NAP yet, or may never be—in order to help move us all in that direction.

I just think that working as a corrections officer is a much more extreme “inside the system” position than being a police officer or a politician, where, despite the good one does, one can’t help but also inflict aggression upon innocent people throughout one’s entire workday (unless the jail in question holds not a single person who broke a victimless-crime law). Even if one didn’t put them there, one is still complicit in keeping them there.

Unless...of course...you let them all out right before you quit your job...
That's ok...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up