Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 17 and ready to move -- but can I legally?  (Read 20618 times)

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
Re: 17 and ready to move -- but can I legally?
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2008, 02:08:28 pm »

I see no reason to judge someone for choosing to be homeless.
I believe it is appropriate to judge anyone who does not do their best to achieve their full potential.
The trick, of course, is that only the individual may determine what their full potential is.
Someone who self-describes as a "slacker" would appear to be celebrating lack of achievement, and that gets no truck with me.
Not that anyone on this thread has explicitly described himself using that term, though "hobo" has similar connotations to most people.

Rand suggested many times that her "judgment" of others was based on their personal achievements...
And it appears that she really wasn't particularly fond of "laziness" or "slothfulness" and the like...

However, she did create the character of John Galt and he purposely withheld his talent from the world(of course, most of the world didn't know that he was anything more than a peasant railroad employee).

This then begs the question of whether Rand would have preferred to see someone she knew turn out like Alan Greenspan...or John Galt...

Fifty years ago Rand saw plainly the direction this country was headed.  She even wrote a book and warned everyone about it.  We will never know how many "John Galts" she has inspired with "Atlas Shrugged" and how many more new inventions/discoveries/cures there would be/could be if the producers weren't withholding their talents from the looters, bureaucrats, jackboots, and mercenaries.

I'd like to think that some folks will make it to Galt's Gulch, but I'm reasonably sure it will only be one in a million...perhaps less...

Someone has the cure for cancer...perhaps they'll make it...

Go figure...

Enjoy!

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
Re: 17 and ready to move -- but can I legally?
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2008, 07:11:47 pm »

Indeed. Lack of production as a rejection of slavery. Just because the master berates them with "lazy hobo" doesn't mean they should be goaded into providing revenue for the system. If everyone was a hobo, 80,000 Iraqi civilians (and 10's of millions of others this century alone) would be alive. Instead, we're productive tax payers, researchers, engineers, pilots, soldiers and politicians. Hooray for us! 

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

anything