Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009 Speaker Ideas  (Read 27373 times)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: 2009 Speaker Ideas
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2008, 06:27:04 pm »

One good thing about the 09 LF is that a fascist, totalitarian politician will not be sleeping under the same roof as us liberty lovers.

are you sure about that? ;) >:D

You haven't seen the full list of speakers...  :P

shutdownthefed

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2008, 09:09:49 pm »

Alex Jones has his own film crew so the LF would get a bunch of replay on youtube and im sure he would plug it on his radio show.

I recommend
- Ron Paul of course
- Alex Jones
- G. Edward Griffin
- Jesse Ventura
- John Taylor Gatto

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2008, 09:49:45 am »

Alex Jones has his own film crew so the LF would get a bunch of replay on youtube and im sure he would plug it on his radio show.

I recommend
- Ron Paul of course
- Alex Jones
- G. Edward Griffin
- Jesse Ventura
- John Taylor Gatto

you need to look at the people on the site.
one of those has already agreed to speak.
2 others have been contacted already.

Slim

• FSP Participant
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2008, 12:31:11 pm »

True I haven't seen the full list of speakers but if the FSP gets one of the 2 "mainstream" moron's currently running in the popularity contest which the winner gets to live at 1600 Penn Ave, Washington DC, I would rather sit my wrists then listen to them babel on for 15 or 30 minutes.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.  -Stephen Hawking

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2008, 01:36:32 pm »

True I haven't seen the full list of speakers but if the FSP gets one of the 2 "mainstream" moron's currently running in the popularity contest which the winner gets to live at 1600 Penn Ave, Washington DC, I would rather sit my wrists then listen to them babel on for 15 or 30 minutes.

I promise you McBama hasn't been invited. ;D

mudshark

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2008, 07:03:42 pm »

Dreepa,
have you and Ian/Mark from FTL had any further discussion on the media roundtable idea?

I heard Ian's short list on the show when they were talking about it after the initial announcement, and was just wanting to offer the suggestion of Joe Briggs from Policy Watch, who is from Manchester. I've suggested it to him a couple weeks ago, at Scott Horton's blog, and he said that he's worked with Ian and Mark before and said he would be interested. I could let him know via the chat room over there if you guys don't have an email contact for him. he's usually there when the show is on live.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2008, 09:58:36 pm »

Dreepa,
have you and Ian/Mark from FTL had any further discussion on the media roundtable idea?

I heard Ian's short list on the show when they were talking about it after the initial announcement, and was just wanting to offer the suggestion of Joe Briggs from Policy Watch, who is from Manchester. I've suggested it to him a couple weeks ago, at Scott Horton's blog, and he said that he's worked with Ian and Mark before and said he would be interested. I could let him know via the chat room over there if you guys don't have an email contact for him. he's usually there when the show is on live.
we sent a few emails about it and we do have a media panel.
Send me a pm regarding Joe Briggs... (i just don't want the panel to be too huge)

Thanks.

anon37268573

• First1000
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2008, 08:44:44 pm »

Will Patri Friedman be there? What's the story on that?

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2008, 08:45:24 pm »

He has been invited.. I have not heard back from him.

I will ping him again tomorrow.

Toowm

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2008, 12:21:41 am »

Just realized that Thomas Woods is running FSP ads on his podcast. Another Mises Institute speaker if he isn't available is Walter Block.
toowm
Porc -- The Other, Other White Meat

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2008, 06:42:00 am »

Just realized that Thomas Woods is running FSP ads on his podcast. Another Mises Institute speaker if he isn't available is Walter Block.
I am actively talking with both of them right now (and have been for a few weeks)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2008, 06:42:32 am »

patri is now confirmed!
 :)

Toowm

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2008, 10:36:04 am »

I am actively talking with both of them right now (and have been for a few weeks)
You ROCK!
toowm
Porc -- The Other, Other White Meat

odigity

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2008, 01:12:51 am »

Well, I don't know who's been invited yet, but I thought I'd add votes of confidence for:

- Mary Ruwart
 - Alex Jones
 - G Edward Griffin
 - Stefan Molyneux

Also... I very much enjoyed all the individual speaker sessions last year, and look forward to them again this year, but how about experimenting with new formats as well?  For example, in addition to the individual speaker sessions, what if there were one or two panel-style debates that the speakers could choose to participate in with pre-announced topics?  Possible topics:

- minarchism (Libertarianism/Constitutionalism) vs anarchism
 - political action vs non-political action
 - the relevance of "conspiracy theory" to the cause of liberty
 - What is the single greatest obstacle to achieving liberty?  (winning elections? winning rational arguments? general education? psychology? etc)

lloydbob1

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2008, 06:58:01 am »

No Sun ew! ew! this time please.  Or, has this been mentioned? ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up