Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Liberty forum activity idea  (Read 2664 times)

Slim

• FSP Participant
Liberty forum activity idea
« on: November 06, 2008, 11:29:07 am »

In one of Dave Ridley's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkA6hpfhBZ4 Dave suggested a activity that I was also thinking about lately. The activity would be a roll playing game on how to respond to government "authorities". The activity could be done at a really low cost. If someone would be willing to play the part of a cop and confront a group of people at a mock protest, a situation of a oral communication with a cop.

If Chris was thinking about doing this at the Liberty forum you might want to reach out to Brad Jardis to play the role of a cop, Brad could bring a level of realism to the situation since he would have a uniform. Someone else might have a cop uniform from Halloween. This would be a break from the normal sessions at the LF, the audience would be able to get involved with the session and the viewing audience could give criticisms about how the situation could have been handled differently.

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.  -Stephen Hawking

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Liberty forum activity idea
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 12:51:55 pm »

Slim stop reading my mind...
I had the exact same thought when I saw that video.

(give me 2-3 weeks to work on this)

Slim

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 01:06:09 pm »

I thought about it a few weeks ago after I got stopped by the Blue light gang and made a few mistakes like not recording the cop and answering some questions that I did not have to. After the stop I really wished I had the camera running because I got the cop stumped on the question of "Who is the victim?" Dave did have a good idea about having it at the Liberty Forum or Porcfest I was just thinking of doing it with a few friends.

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.  -Stephen Hawking

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 01:23:05 pm »

Sounds like fun, in a twisted sort-of way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up