Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Wanted---Opening Two Retail Meat Shops on Rt1A Seabrook and Rt1 Hampton  (Read 9775 times)

freedominnh

Ideally someone who has had prior meat cutting experience will have hiring priority.   Willing to train motivated individuals.  Job does entail dealing with finicky customers. 

Shooting for Mem. Weekend opening in Seabrook and a June opening in Hampton.  PM for details.

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver

These sound almost perfect for someone living at Max's place in Seabrook. I bet they're both bicycle riding distance, which could be handy during times of high traffic.
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

freedominnh

Ron thanks.  The Seabrook add. is 210 Ocean Blvd which would be approx. 5 miles from Max's place.  65 Lafayette Rd in Hampton would be more like 7 miles.  Someone could easily make it from beach proper whether they lived on Seabrook side or Hampton side.

It is a 20 min. drive to get on and off the beach north bound on Ocean Blvd today because of beautiful weather related traffic.  The Hampton site is approx. two miles from center beach.  The Seabrook site is approx.  1.5 miles from center beach.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 02:10:38 pm by freedominnh »

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org

Yup, four miles.  Traffic isn't too bad in Seabrook, even during the summer.  Moreover, they'll be widening Route 1 to five lanes everywhere--which won't help you on the beach, of course.

Actually, folks staying here can find a whole lot of jobs just in walking distance.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

freedominnh

That widening project is 20 year plan with no funding and no priority.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org

I think it's going to happen, not because of the need, but because of the personalities behind it.  Politics drive change, not practicality.  There are lots of roads around here that need to be fixed, but the retailers around here are demanding that Route 1 be widened, and there are folks in the General Court who now have the seniority to make this little pork barrel project happen.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

freedominnh

It would take 15 years to wind eminent domain cases thru courts in the towns of Seabrook, Hampton Falls,  Hampton, N. Hampton and Rye.  Your are talking about destroying the downtown intersections  of Hampton Falls, the Hampton rotary , acquisition of defunct railroad bed in Hampton, infinitem ad nauseum.  Rockingham Planning   Commission corridor study pipedream.  Will never happen in our lifetime.

That doesnot incllude wetland mitigation.  It took over 30 years for 101 to be widened from Candia to the beach.  What is interesting is if a town claims economic hardship they would have to lift all zoning restrictions.   I just contributed to hijacking this thread. ;D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 10:55:29 am by freedominnh »

TEBON

I think the 107/Route 1 IS a priority. . . with the new addition to the Lowes Plaza, the possible movement of Wal-Mart to the Dog Track (on the other side of 95) and with a possible plaza at the end of 107. . . it's going to be hurting. . .traffic at that light is horrible, even now.

it'll never cease to amaze me the changes in both Salisbury and Seabrook. . .two sides of a coin. . .

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org

There are countless improvements that can be made without grabbing more land or spending a lot of money.  A Massabesic cirlce (roundabout) gets about twice the traffic flow of a traditional stoplight intersection, while many parts can be widened to four lanes without even adding more pavement.  I think that that would be the best solution, but those two things are politically difficult, also.

TEBON

they did this right across the street from you Maxx. . . the large roundabout .  My parents tell me that at that time it was a huge land grab.

It would be difficult at the intersection of 1 and 107.  All I seem to hear is that they want to phase out rotaries and all I see are the government adding more.  I don't have a problem with them. . .but then again I'm a masshole.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org

The roundabout next to me is not a roundabout.  It's set up completely wrong, and roundabouts don't have stopsigns.  They also don't have some big Town Hall in the middle--usually just some statue or mini park.

Several stoplights could and should be replaced with roundabouts--or just two way stops.  It takes less time for commuters traveling in either direction, and free right turns can be built in to reduce congestion even more.  Coupling roundabouts with two way stops can also avoid those pesky left turns, since you can just combine a right turn with a U around the roundabout, avoiding that wait altogether.

People already do that coming out of Starbucks.

TEBON

I just don't see it happening on Route 1 at the 107/95 interchange. . . I agree that it's probably a good idea to keep the traffic (and new traffic) flowing.  I believe at the 107/1 intersection there is an old white church, with a small graveyard that was an issue when widening Route 1. . . that it could not be disturbed.  Hampton created their interchange while leaving their graves in the center with the access road to the railbed.

The Church was there before the 'rotary' or whatever it is that you'd call it.  Hasn't seemed to help much.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org

Whatever it is that I call it?  Them's fightin' words!

freedominnh

He was speaking to the fact that the little church was encircled by the thing you are not calling a rotary because it has yield signs.  It is a known fact that all have to yield to the vehicle that entered the rotary.  If in fact l'abneri cartoon was about Seabrook folk, some of the folk may only recognize the shape of the sign.

I have a link for Rockingham Planning's  77 million dollar boondoogle.  I'll post it later.

TEBON

lol not fightin words at all. . . I've always called it the rotary because people that visit me from MA will call that a rotary 8 out of 10 times. . . meet me at Gateway. . . where??  Gateway, where the shut down Gulf station is. . . . where?  Gulf? huh?. . . just south of the Rotary. . . OHHHH ok.

speaking of Rockingham, what the hell are they doing on 93??
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up