Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apartment needed: Not Having Any Luck!  (Read 9386 times)

jcoffey

• First 1000
    • Jenn Coffey
Re: Apartment needed: Not Having Any Luck!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 08:17:09 pm »

what are you looking for:  city, country, small town, etc...
do you want to be close to a certain area?
well I had to start over with a new login...LOL

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 10:42:48 pm »

what are you looking for:  city, country, small town, etc...
do you want to be close to a certain area?

It looks like her husband is interested in being near Portsmouth.

ryanandsarah

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 05:56:37 pm »

Sorry I haven't replied-- been quite busy here lately!
Hubby is looking near Portsmouth pending a job.. Not sure yet.
I spoke to him the other night and we discussed the possibility of thinking away from there for now... just because we have yet to hear back. Both of us are considering alternative job routes soooo.. that being said.. Ryan and I were looking around and found some decent deals in Manchester. Anyone have some advice on good complexes that you (or friends/family) have rented at and had good experiences?
As for city/town whatever.. We're looking to go smaller than where we currently are which doesn't seem to be a problem :) We're in Madison WI at the moment and that has a low end estimate of 250,000 people. We don't really want to be in the boonies just yet because we'll only have one car which means we'll either have to carpool or one of us (probably me) will find another mode of transport.
Also! Does anyone know of anywhere that would need a receptionist, data entry clerk, administrative support person? That's what I do. I also can do Relay (if anyone's heard of it.. for the deaf/hard of hearing/speech disabled). I'm finishing up school to be a Med. Transcriptionist but am pursuing other work in the event that I'm unable to locate a job quickly enough after graduation (it's an at-home position).
Thanks much~~
We don't run Washington and no one really does. Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country did to you. The only reason you're alive is because someone decided to let you live. We owe so much money, we're not broke we're broken. We're so poor we can't even pay attention.

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 06:04:18 pm »

I would suggest Manchester. They call it a city but it is just a big town. Jobs, transportation, it is all there and a smaller "city" than where you are. By half at least. We spent our first year there while job hunting. We lived in the millyard, but the rent was going up so we moved to a smaller town. There are parts of town that are reasonable and still pleasant. And lots of friendly free staters to meet and get to know.

Cathleen

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 02:20:35 pm »

If you're still looking around Portsmouth, I still have at least one room available at my house in Seabrook.  Porcs don't need a lease or a security deposit, and discounts are offered for folks willing to do landscaping, cleaning, and work around the house.  I am also looking for furniture, electronic equipment (stereo, game system/DVD player, etc) to fill the house, which is still largely empty.  If anyone has any of that stuff in good condition and is willing to part with it for a fair price, let me know.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 12:46:00 pm »

I'm uncertain of your exact requirements, but you might want to check:  http://www.switchboard.com/Apartments/Portsmouth/NH/73-/yellowpages.htm.
With a quick glance I found a number of places that might interest you.

Dave
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 07:35:10 am »

penny pinching and Portsmouth do not go together
You can be a penny pinchers anywhere.. we do it here and most say it's impossible. :)
then I guess you are set
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Simon Jester

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Peas: Don't hate them because they're round
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 09:45:41 pm »

- I have been looking for a while and while there are some apartments available but most of them come with a giant red price tag that burns my eyes even looking at i
They freak me out, too, and I'm not looking in Portsmouth. In Manchester, you can expect to pay at least $900 for a decent 2 bedroom. Less if you're okay with having crack addict neighbors and poor insulation.

Expect this to be a LOT higher if you look in Portsmouth.
It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 08:58:22 pm »

You might even want to consider buying a condo.  What you pay every month is about the same as an apartment, and you actually build some equity in those.  After a few years, you sell the condo and

There are some one bedroom condos here in Seabrook very close to the beach for $99K.  Two bedrooms can be had for $149K, letting you rent .  Condos are not a great investment, but it beats renting an apartment any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  That is to say that your monthly rent just turns into a monthly mortgage payment.  You have to hold on to a house for about three years before you beat renting, but with condos, you are breaking even in the first year.

Also, as an owner, you can usually do what you want.  You're not responsible to anyone else.  A pet smell or damage might make it tougher to sell later on down the road.  Still, a condo is almost always a better deal than renting, and costs about the same per month.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 10:35:49 pm by maxxoccupancy »
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Robert & Gloria

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 11:37:47 am »

Hi, we have a place in Winchester, just 20 minutes south of Keene. Please see our post http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=16538.0
or write back if interested.
Thanks, Gloria & Rob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up