Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grafton?  (Read 12399 times)

Paula

Re: Grafton?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 06:57:39 pm »

My husband and I bought a retirement lot just north of the town of Grafton in the town of Orange.   We closed today, and I just found out the other lot that sold was to a Free Stater.    It's part of a four lot set that was just divided by the logger/owner.   So - in between my husband and I and the other freestater - how about a SUNNY hillside with stream about five miles north of Grafton AND LOG cabin - about 70 acres, I believe, bordering Cardigan Mt. State Forest on the back AND across the street?

The cabin is fairly small - don't kid yourself - you'd be crowded at first -  but could be expanded.  The other free stater is some sort of engineer.   We could have the entire street locked up!   ;D   Also a 40 acre lot on the north side of us for sale that borders Cardigan State Forest on Two sides.   

We belong to Free State, but lived here before NH was chosen as "the state."     

TEBON

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 07:14:38 am »

really god bless you guys in Grafton. . . it's something else to see so many move to one state. . . even more fantastic to see so many move to one town.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 08:17:53 am »

We are driving up on the 27th (night) and will be there the 28th. We will be looking at the entire area west of Concord and Manchester, possibly somewhere of near equal driving distance or close enough anyway to either. Weare is in that area.

Also check out Hillsboro, Warner, Henniker if you are looking to rent.
Warner and Henniker would be the more 'rural' places.  Hillsboro is a 'mini city'.

mikie88

Re: Grafton? pinkmandy
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 05:20:40 pm »

Hi Pinkmandy, Let me know how you made out in your quest to find the right spot for your family to settle down. My husband and I are feeling the same way you do too. We have a house to sell , kids and pets will be in tow.
 We will be coming up without kids on  sept. 19-23. to look around. It can be so overwhelming ah! the walls are closing in.  No only kidding but, please let me know how you made out. We need all the help we can get.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 06:48:35 pm »

porcmanor.com is quickly becoming the main site for new movers.  Porc Manors (freestater households) are generally the best option for both new movers and temporary stays.  Prices are uber reasonable, and there are porcs who can help you out with everything from work to food, from transportation to wading through the migration bureaucracy.

I've also got two bedrooms available, with no prospective renters until October.  If you wanted to use my house as a base of operations to find something more permanent, just send me a message.  I prorate rent for porcs who just want to drop in.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:05:32 pm by maxxoccupancy »
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 07:07:52 pm »

I am in Henniker currently and the rents are somewhat high due to the demand from the college up the road. A friend of the freestate who lives there is looking to sell in the spring. The house is two connected geodesic domes, plenty big enough for a large family. He might be willing to rent instead or work out terms with you. Stop by and see us during your visit.

If a half hour commute is no big deal to you, then I don't see why Grafton would be a problem depending of course on what type of work is needed.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Grafton? pinkmandy
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 09:05:05 am »

We will be coming up without kids on  sept. 19-23. to look around. It can be so overwhelming ah! the walls are closing in. 
You can visit the Hoyt Farm in Grafton this weekend and see our first low-key Grafton Apple Festival.
We will be crushing crab apples and making cider ... the old and new way. :)
You can also watch porcupines put on a metal roof.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

lloydbob1

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 10:26:30 am »

We will be crushing all kinds of apples.

lloydbob1

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 10:38:55 am »

Go to page 34 of your NH Atlas & Gaz. Just below D-5 you will see a thin red horizontal road with 'Smith Brook' in Blue and a black fish.  The little pink sliver above the fish is Hoyt Rd.  The Burning Porcupine/ Grafton Apple Festival Grounds is all that is on Hoyt.
If you can't do this I will be selling NH Atlases at the Apple Squeeze.

lloydbob1

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008, 10:40:14 am »

The idea is for everyone to bring some apples and containers for cider. We could use some cheese cloth too!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 10:42:04 am by Lloyd Danforth »

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 12:18:53 pm »

Go to page 34 of your NH Atlas & Gaz. Just below D-5 you will see a thin red horizontal road with 'Smith Brook' in Blue and a black fish.  The little pink sliver above the fish is Hoyt Rd.  The Burning Porcupine/ Grafton Apple Festival Grounds is all that is on Hoyt.
If you can't do this I will be selling NH Atlases at the Apple Squeeze.

Lloyd, has the Atlas been updated since 2004? I have used mine pretty much to death and if there is a revised one, I will be happy to buy a new one.

Cathleen
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything