Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally moving to NH (3 years wait...)  (Read 16238 times)

BagOfEyebrows

Finally moving to NH (3 years wait...)
« on: February 22, 2008, 06:56:03 pm »

I posted way back in 2005 about wanting to make the move to New Hampshire ... http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=10028.0

A lot has happened since then.  Seemed like one obstacle after another.  Long story short, in November of 2007, my husband says to me all casual like "how about we move to New Hampshire... you've always wanted to go there.  Now we can." 

As soon as I heard the "Hamp" sound in New Hampshire, I grabbed an empty box from under my desk marked "NH" and started packing stuff! Then I was all "YEP.  I still want to move to New Hampshire."  Ok, the empty box thing is kinda an exaggeration, hahaha.

I hope it doesn't take other married couples out there as long as it took me and my husband to finally decide ... but patience is good, so don't give up hope if you're struggling with concerns about jobs and other variables with a move to New Hampshire.  Sometimes stuff just falls into place, and suddenly you find yourself finally making the move!  We bought a house in Rockingham County and should be there in a few more weeks.  Just waiting for a closing date.

Keep an empty box under your desk for 'the moment they finally agree.'  I really did start sorting stuff out on my desk to pack it as soon as he said it... wish I did have a box prepared for 'one of the happiest moments of my life.'  Would have been really funny if I coulda done that.  "Do I still want to move to New Hampshire?"  ::: grabs empty box and starts packing::: 

I've already been donating to Jim Forsythe, who is going to hopefully run for congress to represent my district up there in New Hampshire. He's got an exploratory committee thing going on, hope that goes well, I think it will... we need guys like him in office.  I know the FSP thing isn't political or anything, but this guy's goal is the same - smaller government, Ron Paul approved/endorsed. 

Even though I've had a few months to absorb this, I'm still in shock and can't believe it's happening... probably what it feels like to hit the lottery or somethin'.  The house we found... man, it's so perfect and warm and happy and quirky.  And it has an apple tree and a willow tree... and laundry chutes in the bathrooms.  And a well.  And a really weird machine with salty little chunks in it, to soften the water.  We're way up on this hill, the air is so great.  There's an old stone wall, but the snow was so deep every time I tried to walk back to see it.  It's just a great house.

We're finally moving to New Hampshire, as members of the Free State Project.  :faint: 

I'm gonna surf the forum now for reasonable moving truck companies - I think I remember seeing something about UHaul being way over-priced, we've used them a few times over the years for helping family members move, but will check out other companies in case we can find a better deal. 

When I move to our new home, I'm gonna do a cartwheel in the backyard in honor of the Free State Project!  Unless there's still a foot of snow back there, hahaha... then I'll wait until spring to do it. 

Wow.  We're moving.  To New Hampshire. 

Thank you, Free State Project!  For giving me a place to put my hope and love of this country and freedom and liberty into calm, determined action!  (I gotta work on calm, lol... I'm kinda hyper and stuff.) 

See some of you at Murphy's Tavern after I settle in. 

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
Re: Finally moving to NH (3 years wait...)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:09:38 pm »

Welcome! ;D

Another Massachusetts refugee, eh? We really are starting to take over this State… >:D

You have some good State Representatives in Rockingham, too, according to the NH Liberty Alliance: Jason Bedrick, Dan Itse (the NHLA political director), John Reagan, Howie Lund, and Kevin Waterhouse are all rated A for their pro-liberty role call votes in the State House.

BagOfEyebrows

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 09:27:56 pm »

Welcome! ;D

Another Massachusetts refugee, eh? We really are starting to take over this State… >:D

You have some good State Representatives in Rockingham, too, according to the NH Liberty Alliance: Jason Bedrick, Dan Itse (the NHLA political director), John Reagan, Howie Lund, and Kevin Waterhouse are all rated A for their pro-liberty role call votes in the State House.

that's great info to know, thanks!  I've been reading up on that website because of Mr. Ridley's youtube videos.  Need to take a state constitution class.  That's great to know Dan Itse represents my area... wow.  That just made my head and heart so relieved -  I hadn't even gotten far enough into my reading to find out about any of that yet.  Thought I was selecting one of the 'harder' areas, based on the map of percentage of Ron Paul voters.  McCain got a lot of votes in my town. 

Mostly need to get to know my neighbors and community and schools/libraries.  I'm thinking very local, cuz no matter where we've lived, we always end up being 'that house' on the block that neighbors gather at... hoping we can live a merry life and do the 'lead by example' kinda thing.  Need to learn more about town charters (dunno if my town even has one yet.)  Been kinda a crash course in politics since June of last year, when I 'found out' about state constitutions. I think it was one of the first times in my life I was so happy to learn that I really, really had 'no idea' - heh.  Opened up a whole new (and profound) understanding about 'how things work' (or don't work, and why, as it is.)

I just met another FSPer through a Ron Paul group I'm a member of here in Cape Cod, and he's hoping to get up there a.s.a.p. - my son's friend is trying to get his parents to move back up there, and so far it looks promising.  They are FSP-minded people, although not members of the FSP.  They're already planning to visit us up there this spring.

Gave out info about FSP at meetup group meetings... a few members are considering moving up there.  Am keeping in touch with them -

Thanks again for that info.  :)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 01:00:43 am »

Congrats!  ;D

Will you be coming to PorcFest?
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

BagOfEyebrows

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 08:30:16 am »

Congrats!  ;D

Will you be coming to PorcFest?

Thanks!  Yep - I really want to do the state bus tours (all of them) and the geocaching adventure - going to sign up for PorcFest as soon as we move. 

ny2nh

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 08:48:35 am »

There is a Merrimack Valley Porcupine meeting next Saturday at Murphy's...I think they start at 11:00am.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 10:39:41 am »

Welcome to the Seacoast Region! :)

Feel free to stop by and see us, once you get settled it.

http://libertyforum.meetup.com/5/t/if_4294423/?gj=ej4
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 10:48:28 am »

Welcome home!  When you have a move-in day set, let us know and we will arrange a band of pocupines to help you offload the truck. 

In which town is your new home?
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

pinkmandy

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 11:32:52 am »

Congratulations!!!! I cna't wait to be in your shoes!

BagOfEyebrows

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 01:10:08 pm »

There is a Merrimack Valley Porcupine meeting next Saturday at Murphy's...I think they start at 11:00am.

Wasn't planning to go up to NH again until closing day, but with everything packed here and all, maybe I could -

BagOfEyebrows

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 01:13:13 pm »

Is Northwood considered Merrimack Region or Seacoast region?  Definitely good to know the meetup groups have already been established - that'll make things all the easier and more fun.

BagOfEyebrows

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 01:23:14 pm »

Welcome home!  When you have a move-in day set, let us know and we will arrange a band of pocupines to help you offload the truck. 

In which town is your new home?

I read about that in another part of the forum; we've got a pretty good sized crew of family/friends helping us move, but if some porc people wanted to drop by, that's welcomed - the person I know here on Cape Cod who is in our meetup group, I've offered to help him move later on in the year when he makes his FSP move.  I'd like to be a part of any 'helping FSP people move' kinda events in our area for the rest of my life in New Hampshire, so if there's some kinda list for 'calls for assitance with moving', put me on it.

We'll be moving to Northwood - which is not far from my favorite NH road, in Strafford (I think), called Rollercoaster Road - I remember driving on that road last summer when we met Ron Paul at a Republican gathering.  Little did I know at the time that we'd soon be moving so close by to it... life's so cool like that sometimes!  We liked that road so much, we drove up and down it twice! 

BagOfEyebrows

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 01:31:31 pm »

Congratulations!!!! I cna't wait to be in your shoes!

Enjoy the journey to home... before you know it, you will be in these shoes! :)  In some ways, it actually worked out well that it took some time... I was able to promote the FSP to a meetup group I was involved with here on Cape Cod, and also talked with neighbors and other Cape Codders about it, so maybe the long wait will result in more people moving up there to join us.  I also met some people last year who have made a tremendous and positive impact on my life... I wouldn't have met them if I'd left when I wanted to (which was years ago) - maybe stuff really does happen for a reason.  Even the stuff that seems a struggle at the time.  It's all worth it. 

BagOfEyebrows

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 01:41:42 pm »

After reading up on your meetup group, I went ahead and joined it now instead of waiting to get up there - I know one of your newer members from Ron Paul Radio, so even if I'm not part of the Seacoast region, I'd enjoy meeting up for some of your events and gatherings. :)

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 05:30:22 pm »

You should come up on Tuesday, then.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/6/calendar/7372116/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up