Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Been thinking  (Read 2585 times)

rickrock

Been thinking
« on: February 12, 2008, 03:40:37 pm »

And when I get thinking things happen.  >:D

I always loved NH, spent my honeymoon there never wanted to leave (Should have stayed). I am searching for peace and freedom and I came across this group and believe I have found what I was looking for. The part that really makes it special is my wife is also ready to get the  :-X outta Mass..

We have started our 2 year plan and also plan to spend a few days next week looking around NH. We will travel up the east coast and down the west coast looking for places of interest to us. I have checked the real estate and I feel I could sell my home and get a nicer one there with the cash.

My wife, being a school teacher should be able to find work, where as I am a computer tech with some nation wide connections should be good to go also.

I dunno, I guess what I am saying is I think there is hope for peace and freedom in my life. And I am going for it ASAP!  8)

Rick Rock

www.rickrock.net

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
Re: Been thinking
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 05:14:20 pm »

We look forward to welcoming you HOME... and to having another person willing to work, hard, for liberty in our lifetime!
Consider joining the NH Liberty Alliance, so you'll be up to speed on the political situation and able to hit the ground running once you're here:
http://www.nhliberty.org/join

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 10:08:41 pm »

You should check out Deerfield. We're a half hour commute from Manchester and Concord, and about 40 minutes from the seacoast.

There's people here trying to open a charter school soon.
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 05:40:41 pm »

How do you like the Romney forced healthcare there in Mass, rickrock?  ::)  There are a few people I know of that have made the move because of that stupid healthcare plan.  One of them is mentioned on this video

Oh you own a business too!  NH will be great for you!  Keith Murphy explains on that video about how much better NH is for running a business (he owns the famous Murphy's Taproom)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 05:46:11 pm by sjhipple »
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

rickrock

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 08:05:02 pm »

Thanks for all the replies, they are ALL very informative for me. Deerfield looks very good! & I will read more of the http://www.nhliberty.org/ site later.

This Site: http://nhcic.info/   Explains the perfect school ideas for my 4 year old.

sjhipple - Want to hear something ironic, we have ALWAYS had heath insurance until recently. Part of my wifes training for MA. Teachers cert requires her to work for free for about 6 months. being self employed I have no coverage, her last job was where we had our insurance from. *sigh* Anyway, we applied for mass health and hope they will foot the bill for us until she can get insured again (other wise our quotes have been around $900 A MONTH!)..... It is my understanding the the state of Ma. has lost twice as much money with this new plan.

Since yesterday we have been looking at homes online and my wife is now even more excited at this idea. We are wondering how the hell we will ever sell our home in this jobless depressed little town......

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 11:04:44 pm »

It is my understanding the the state of Ma. has lost twice as much money with this new plan.

Funny because Romney said a million times that his plan "didn't cost any money."  That's ridiculous to start with (because it costs everyone who lives in the state when their health insurance rates go up from the forced increase in demand), but the fact that it also costs the state money...ha ha.  Ridiculous.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
Hah, another one, eh?
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 06:13:19 am »

Welcome, rickrock. I got the hell out of Massachusetts the day before that odious health care law went into effect, 2007-06-30. ;D

BagOfEyebrows

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 08:18:16 pm »

Since yesterday we have been looking at homes online and my wife is now even more excited at this idea. We are wondering how the hell we will ever sell our home in this jobless depressed little town......

price your house right, and it'll sell, even in this market - might not make enough to buy a house outright up in NH, but at least could make enough for a decent down payment and have a little nest egg put aside as you settle in.  We're making the move in about two more weeks - the house hunting was a lot of fun, got to see so much of New Hampshire.  Enjoy the journey - we're from Massachusetts, too (Cape Cod) - I think a lot of people are moving up here that aren't even aware of the FSP, just tired of being overtaxed and overly-governed (FSP in spirit!) 

rickrock

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 06:34:06 am »

Woow, I posted this in 2008. So much has happened since. Now is the time, I am seriously making a move. First off looking for low cost temp housing and decent employment.

Levi

• Realtor®. Photographer.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 09:00:52 am »

Awesome!  Let me know if I can help in any way.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 09:49:38 pm »

sometimes it takes a while
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: [1]   Go Up