Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Veteran Looking for Real Liberty  (Read 1095 times)

Liberty_Vet2019

Veteran Looking for Real Liberty
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:28:26 pm »

I recently separated from active duty military after being overseas for six years and serving two more back home in California. After I got out, I realized that everything I swore to defend and protect in the Constitution is virtually non-existent here. High taxes and burdensome regulations are crippling businesses here, including my mom and dad's own business. The second amendment is being crushed and free speech is being stomped out on college campuses and beyond. I have been looking for a way out ever since I came back.

I happened to come across the Free State Project from a recent Reason podcast and heard what their mission was. It was EXACTLY what I was looking for! My dream is to start a gun range and training business. I know I can't do that in California, but to my understanding,  New Hampshire is a very gun and business friendly place to be. After I am done with MRI technologist school, I am looking to take the leap and move to the true free state of New Hampshire!

Levi

• Realtor®. Photographer.
Re: Veteran Looking for Real Liberty
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 11:55:00 am »

Sounds great.  Look forward to more liberty people moving here and starting businesses. 

Liberty_Vet2019

It’s Time For A New Approach To Marijuana
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 02:01:16 pm »

Sounds great.  Look forward to more liberty people moving here and starting businesses.

Yeah man, I really want to start this business, but California is both anti-gun and anti-business, so starting a gun range and training business here wouldn't be the smartest move.

paperboy

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 05:03:22 pm »

Not that you can't make an idea like this go, but you should also be aware that Sig Sauer has a fancy set up like this already here in NH.

https://www.sigsaueracademy.com/

There are a lot of gun shops here in NH too.

Just making you aware of some of the competition.

Liberty_Vet2019

It’s Time For A New Approach To Marijuana
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 05:15:04 pm »

Not that you can't make an idea like this go, but you should also be aware that Sig Sauer has a fancy set up like this already here in NH.

https://www.sigsaueracademy.com/

There are a lot of gun shops here in NH too.

Just making you aware of some of the competition.

Thanks for the heads up! Not trying to compete with Sig!

Heinrich

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 07:45:05 pm »

Sig Sauer has its headquarters in Epsom, I believe. I know they have the academy there. Sounds like a great P/T job opp for you to get some further experience teaching civvies. Good Luck!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 06:46:06 pm »

I would guess you will like the lower regulations and taxation on NH.
Half the fsp has had an idea of building guns or running a gun range. You can come and try to make the best ones.
as the previous poster said ... there will be competition.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Josh Ritchey

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 05:57:04 am »

It seems the military does that to a lot of people. I'm in almost your same boat, a few years from the move. What podcast was it, I'm looking for other podcasters to team up with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up