Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Volunteer List - get these folks into action!  (Read 30445 times)

wilaygarn

Re:What are your prefs as an FSP volunteer?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2003, 11:56:02 am »

Is e-mail the best way to contact me? Yes

Names most commonly known as : Will Aygarn

Geographic location: Norfolk, Virginia

What kinds of volunteer work I'd most enjoy doing?
I can make local phone calls saturdays & Sunday and Monday evenings. A little e-mail-type stuff late evenings. I'm currently way behind on completing some family business and can't spare much time otherwise. I am a certified Land Surveyor in Va.  I have a farm in Virginia Beach if anyone can think of a way to use it for the cause.

Any general characteristics that make a project easier for me to volunteer for?  A flexible schedule that I can fit into my scedule. Work that I can do alone and at odd hours, and away from my home/office and it's desktop computer. I do have a laptop and a DOS word processing program.

Any general characteristics that would make a project harded for me to volunteer for? A set schedule. the requirements to be at a given place. Public contact.

My biggest motivations for volunteering: Self preservation. I think the FSP is the only sort of thing that can save a remenant of the Republic and a piece of a free America. I feel a sense of duty to help in the effort to restore a free state to this country.

Foreign languages: none

Other interests: I am very active in my church. My other interests are pretty well covered by Backwoodsman Magazine, the Whole Earth Catalogs, and www.infowars.com

Best times for me to volunteer: Odd hours when I can fit it in, Saturdays 800-1600 Sundays and Mondays 1600-2400 for phone work (I'm a bridge tender and can usually spare some time there) Occasionally a local meeting.

Other comments: None at the moment

ilove3kids

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2003, 12:50:48 pm »

{E-mail or best way to get in touch with you? (List primary and alternate if you can) }

ilove3kids@hotmail.com

{Name(s) which you are most commonly known in the FSP? }

J DiCarlo

{ Your geographic location? (be as general or specific as you like) }

New Hampshire

{ What kinds of volunteer work would you most enjoy doing for us? }  

Management
Computer Software Training and Support
Systems Analyst
Business Analyst
Public Speaking
Marketing
Project Planning
Editing (Spelling and Grammar)
CDL Class B
NH Homeschooling Laws and Information
NH/NE History

{ Which of these are your biggest motivations for volunteering (these are from Helen Little's book):

- Sense of Duty ("Life is about what you leave behind")

- Service/Interest in cause

If people do not start to organize and make changes there may not a 'free' America for my grandchildren.
The changes that I have seen in my 32 years dismay me.  I choose to take action.

{ Foreign languages: }

Jo hablo un poco. (Very little)

{ Other interests: }

Church, music, singing, trumpet.
3/4 completed grad school.  (MBA)
Christian
Sociology
Religions
NOT you typical American!  :)

{ Best times/days for you to volunteer? }

I am available for work at home as I homeschool my children.  I am also available in the evenings.

Bit7

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2003, 04:11:49 pm »

{E-mail or best way to get in touch with you? (List primary and alternate if you can) }

bob.compton@excite.com  (primary)
bit7@test-site.org  (alternate)

Bit7 or BobC

San Diego, California.

website work,
work where I am around other Porcupines,
work involving e-mail or writing,
serving as a greeter or contact person for incoming members,
work with your local FSP group,
brainstorming,
introducing a speaker,
political platform-building,
think-tank work,
photography,
desktop publishing,
editing articles,
marketing brainstorming,
technical (computer/web related) advice.

{ Any general characteristics that tend to make a project easier for you to volunteer for? }

I have kids and am committed to spending evenings (5pm to 8pm) with them.  Also, my wife and I are tag-teem parents so the kids are never in "child care", so my schedule is purely dependent upon my wife's work schedule (she's a nurse).  Days she has the kids, I'm able to schedule around my consulting clients.  Also, I have a nearly complete law library in my garage.

{ Any general characteristics that would make a project harder for you to volunteer for? }

See above...

{ Which of these are your biggest motivations for volunteering (these are from Helen Little's book):

- creativity/self expression (desire to contribute inventive new ideas)
- Sense of Duty ("If I don't do it who will?")

Pascal (computer)
PHP (computer)
BASH Script (computer)

Digital photography,  Legal issues.

Between 9 and 5 any day my wife is NOT working.

Abudman

• NH or Bust, llama's on a rampage!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2003, 05:20:52 pm »

abud@bvbenterprises.com

Alex 'Bud' Budukiewicz

Tampa Bay Area

{ What kinds of volunteer work would you most enjoy doing for us? }    (Examples: Programming, website work, writing or performing music, work where you are around other Porcupines, work where you are alone, work involving e-mail or writing, work involving the telephone, serving as a greeter or contact person for incoming members, public/media relations, publicity stunts, accounting/treasury, member recruiting, work with your local FSP group, lobbying, fundraising, manning a booth, net-based FSP radio show, FSP video production, brainstorming, relocation help, research, article writing, foreign recuriting or other foreign issues, legal support, event planning, event assistance, entertainment, speaking,  introducing a speaker, polling, leading a volunteer workgroup, political platform-building, phone or phone bank work, business relations, business recruiting, think-tank work, photography, bookwriting, desktop publishing, graphic design, printing, editing articles, helping with mailings, membership database work, monitoring a govt. or regulatory agency, use of your business or home as a chapter meeting place, working registration at a meeting, helping determine political endorsements. Please add your suggestions for additional examples)

I can assist with Website Design and would like to find out more about a local group

{ Any general characteristics that tend to make a project easier for you to volunteer for? }

{ Any general characteristics that would make a project harder for you to volunteer for? }

Physical Labor (my back can't take it)

- Affilition/Socializing
- need for a challenge
- Independence (desire to work free from supervision, on your own)
- Leadership (visible position, authority, cool title)
- Recognition (public recognition of contribution, chance to work with important folks)
- Security (i.e. you like familiar, comfortable tasks)
- Self-improvement (gain or sharpen skills in safe environment)
- Variety (you get bored easily and want to try new jobs often). }

- Sense of Duty ("If I don't do it who will?")  We all need to pitch in to make this work.

English ( I live in Florida )  ;D

Most Weekends are available

{Other Comments:}

Friday Jones

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2003, 08:52:58 pm »

scitarel@yahoo.com

Friday Jones

San Francisco Bay Area

bookkeeping/accounting, website work, database work, Java programming, editing, member mailings, email/letterwriting, flyering, media monitoring/faxing, press release distribution  

must be doable during non-business hours

heavy time demands

{ Which of these are your biggest motivations for volunteering (these are from Helen Little's book):}
burning desire to see the FSP succeed!

some French

sci fi, rock n' roll, fantasy RPG's, physical fitness

evenings and weekends

here's a mini "volunteer" resume, in hopes that it will inspire somebody to give me something useful to do (yes, I know I should be proactive, and I am trying to come up with ideas)
  • several years experience working for non-profit corporations
  • 6 months experience volunteering at KUSF, college radio in San Francisco.  I was in charge of writing Public Service Announcements for the DJ's to read on the air
  • served 2-year term as Boardmember and Treasurer of the Northern CA Recycling Assn, a 200+-member trade association of people who work in the recycling industry
  • lobbied state congresspeople in person
  • active in my local LP chapter
  • ran AIDS Marathon last year, raised $3000 for charity
  • co-editor of high school newspaper (really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, I know)
  • wrote articles for various newsletters
  • operate several websites for fun
  • played electric bass in several rock bands (completely irrelevant, but hopefully makes me sound more interesting  :D )
updated 9/4/03
« Last Edit: September 04, 2003, 02:56:13 pm by Friday Jones »

John-Wiltbank

Re: Volunteer prefs
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2003, 04:27:38 am »

{E-mail or best way to get in touch with you?}
hammertime@free-market.net
I prefer, but do not require PGP encryption.  My public key is at http://members.fortunecity.com/johnwiltbank
Also, feel free to call at 608.277.9091

JohnWiltbank

{ Your geographic location?}
John Wiltbank
7113 Pagham Dr
Madison, Wisconsin 53719

Hey, your long list of examples sound good.  I probably should at least go to the local (Dane County) LP meeting and let them know what's what.  Not too many FSPers from Wisconsin, yet.  I can write html, and have done database work before, if that's something you actually need done.  Anyone with the high-end database software they could loan, to make it easier?  Also, I can make a certain number of long-distance calls per month for you, maybe 60 minutes worth, for essentially free because of un-used cell phone minutes.  The new-member greeter is a great idea, just maybe mention it somewhere in the sign-up confirmation page that "someone may be calling you in the next few days, unless you request otherwise".

The project being for the FSP!:)

required commercial airline flight.

{ Which of these are your biggest motivations for volunteering}
Because I want the FSP to succeed.  And , yes it's exciting to try new things.

some spanish

{ Other interests/abilities:}
religion, technology, building things, small engine repair, bicycle repair.

I am free pretty much any time, because I work at night.  Just call during the day and have whoever answers wake me up.

We're 3,000 strong...Let's get this show on the road!

Askahomeopath

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2003, 01:04:09 pm »

{E-mail }  dr_irish@bellsouth.net

{Name} Dr. Alva Irish

{ Your geographic location?} Fountain Inn, SC

{ What kinds of volunteer work would you most enjoy doing for us? }    I will be the Health Practitioner for the group.

{ Any general characteristics that tend to make a project easier for you to volunteer for? } none

{ Any general characteristics that would make a project harder for you to volunteer for? } working outside the home

{ Which of these are your biggest motivations for volunteering (these are from Helen Little's book): none

{ Foreign languages: }  Very little Spanish, Some Latin

{ Other interests: }  Animal husbandry, chickens, goats, turkeys.

{ Best times/days for you to volunteer? }  whenever, Afternoons.

{Other Comments:}  none

exitus

• To face freedom, turn 180º from tyranny.
    • Mercados libres y paz: El Cato Institute
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2003, 09:58:55 pm »

{E-mail or best way to get in touch with you? (List primary and alternate if you can) } Use Private Message, e-mail upon request

exitus --Real name= Kelton
{ Your geographic location? (be as general or specific as you like) } Fresno, California

{What kinds of volunteer work would you most enjoy doing for us? }   serving as a greeter or contact person for incoming members, public/media relations, member recruiting, brainstorming, article writing, foreign recruiting or other foreign issues

{Any general characteristics that would make a project harder for you to volunteer for? } no deadline.  

{Which of these are your biggest motivations for volunteering (these are from Helen Little's book):

{Foreign languages: }  Spanish (Mexican colloquial)

{Other interests: } physical sciences, technology, religion, economics

{Best times/days for you to volunteer? }
weekdays--  I may be unable to do anything from May-Sept. 2003
". . .the foundations of our national policy should be laid in private morality. If individuals be not influenced by moral principles, it is in vain to look for public virtue” -- U.S. Senate's reply to George Washington's first inaugural address

JacobMaxWinkler

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2003, 03:36:37 pm »

Hey All, I'm Jacob Winkler, a high school senior. Rather than answer all those questions I'll just say that I'm willing to volunteer any way I can. (I live in the NJ area) I'm only decently familiar with computers but can write rather well. If any help is needed please ask. My email is Trendizan@aol.com.

Overlord

• FSP Participant
  • Let's Roll
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2003, 07:35:58 pm »

Hello, I'd like to help in anyway that I can.
I'm a Junior in High School, but I am not sure what I can do. I am located in Raleigh NC, and I can make promo videos, website stuff(very simple), spread the word about FSP in the gamign networks (Internet Games, Message Boards), and I know basic C++.

Whoops, I can be reached at rellik019@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 07:36:30 pm by Overlord »

Brian Morrison

• FSP Participant
  • Free Wyoming!
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2003, 04:13:18 pm »

{E-mail or best way to get in touch with you? (List primary and alternate if you can)  }

brian_morrison@yahoo.com

{Name by which you are most commonly known in the FSP? }

Brian Morrison

{ Your general geographic location? }

Sacramento Area (GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!)

{ What kinds of volunteer work would you most enjoy doing for us?  }

Research, meet and greet, organize, lead, get the word out

{ Any general characteristics that tend to make a project easier for you to volunteer for?  }

Guidelines and clarity

{ Any general characteristics that would make a project harder for you to volunteer for?  }

Heavy time commitments and time constraints

{ Which of these are your biggest motivations for volunteering:  }

independence and variety

{ Skills/Strengths/Weaknesses: }

Strengths: Leadership & Relationships
Weakness: Meeting deadlines (I'm the Great Procrastinator)

I can get by with French and Spanish on a neanderthalic level (lots of grunts and gestures)

History, politics, current events, and shooting/hunting

Open

Quixote

• Dreaming the Impossible
    • Kyle Williams Home Page
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2003, 07:54:24 am »

{E-mail or best way to get in touch with you? (List primary and alternate if you can) } liberty@hotcom.net

{Name(s) which you are most commonly known in the FSP? } Quixote / Kyle Williams

{ Your geographic location? (be as general or specific as you like) } Woodbury, Tennessee

{What kinds of volunteer work would you most enjoy doing for us? }  Legal support.  I'm not yet an attorney, but will be taking the bar exam in August.  I can do legal research even now.  Also, I would like to be involved in the reformation of the law, once we choose a state, and even before.  I would definitely like to be involved in any constitutional convention there may be.

{ Any general characteristics that tend to make a project easier for you to volunteer for? }  Timing.  I will have more time after July.

{Any general characteristics that would make a project harder for you to volunteer for? }  Timing.  I am pretty well tied up until August.

{Which of these are your biggest motivations for volunteering (these are from Helen Little's book):}  Interest in the cause, sense of duty for the cause of liberty & justice, self-fulfillment, creativity.

{Foreign languages: }  Spanish (fairly fluent)

{Other interests: } Theatre

{Best times/days for you to volunteer? } After July 2003.  (Until then I am studying for the bar exam.)

{Other Comments:} "Onward to glory we go!" ~Quixote
« Last Edit: May 04, 2003, 07:58:19 am by Quixote »
Give me liberty!

Amanda

• former FSP President
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2003, 08:42:25 pm »

e-mail: amanda@anarchism.net

name: Amanda Phiillips

geographic location: Boston, MA

favorite volunteer activities: administrative, tech, accounting, organization, public speaking, flying airplanes.

things that make a project easier: advance warning, clear deadlines.

things that make a project harder: last-minute notice, unclear deadlines.

motivators: liberty!

foreign languages: some Spanish

other interests: aviation, performance arts, writing, philosophy, parenting, economics, running, archery, firearms

best times/days for volunteering: summertime

other comments: life is completely crazy for me at times, but it goes in spurts. i'm happy to do what i can during the non-crazy times.
"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom

Radar

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2003, 12:11:01 am »

ptireland@excite.com, ptireland@charter.net

Paul T. Ireland (Radar)

Southern California

{What kinds of volunteer work would you most enjoy doing for us?}

I'm experienced doing outreach booths for the LP, I'm the best computer network engineer you've ever seen (all computer related categories), I have also worked as a bartender and a casino craps dealer, I juggle, I type at 80wpm, I write and speak well, goofy publicity stunts, rave promotions, and I'm a fairly decent public speaker.

From your examples, I'd choose:  website work, work where you are around other Porcupines, work where you are alone, work involving e-mail or writing, work involving the telephone, serving as a greeter or contact person for incoming members, public/media relations, publicity stunts, member recruiting, work with your local FSP group, lobbying, fundraising, manning a booth, net-based FSP radio show, FSP video production, brainstorming, relocation help, research, article writing, foreign recruiting or other foreign issues, legal support, event planning, event assistance, entertainment, speaking,  introducing a speaker, polling, leading a volunteer workgroup, political platform-building, think-tank work, book writing, desktop publishing, graphic design, printing, editing articles, helping with mailings, membership database work, monitoring a govt. or regulatory agency, use of your business or home as a chapter meeting place, working registration at a meeting, helping determine political endorsements.

I find projects easier to volunteer for when it's something fun or creative like manning a booth at a rave or concert, doing graphics, writing articles, etc.

{Any general characteristics that would make a project harder for you to volunteer for? }

Tedious, boring, thoughtless, tiresome work like phone banks, digging ditches, etc.

{Which of these are your biggest motivations for volunteering (these are from Helen Little's book):

- Affiliation/Socializing
- need for a challenge
- Recognition (public recognition of contribution, chance to work with important folks)

{Foreign languages: }

Spanish, Japanese (conversationally), and working on Vietnamese

{Other interests: }

Sky Diving, Movies, Darts, Juggling, Music, and Reading.

Mornings

I'm dependable and honest.  If I say I'll be there, I will.  Sadly in my history of volunteering for the LP I've seen many people flake.  That may have something to do with being in California though.  I'm well read (especially in classic Libertarian Literature) and write articulately.  

Aaron

• FSP Participant
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2003, 04:33:24 pm »

{E-mail or best way to get in touch with you?
aaronrosenbaumer@msn.com

I post as Aaron.

{ Your geographic location?
Palm Springs, CA

Something I can work on a little at a time with little urgency, or something that can be completed in one day.

{Any general characteristics that would make a project harder for you to volunteer for? }
Something with a strict deadline that requires more than one day to complete.  Something that requires a lot of interaction/coordination with many other volunteers.

- Affilition/Socializing
- need for a challenge

Sense of Duty/Service/Interest in cause
More specifically, satisfaction of seeing my work make a difference for the cause.

{Foreign languages: }
Familiar with the grammatical structure (and underlying philosophy) of E-Prime.  Can't speak it, but I can translate written word.

{Other interests: }
I am a barista at Starbucks and happen to be the resident know-it-all at my store.  I am also a student of massage therapy.  I am vegetarian for the most part.  I will occaisionally eat a piece of choice or prime meat (ultra rare only!) or sushi, but it would be hard to catch me eating ground meat or chicken.  (What is the point? It tastes just like tofu.  And ground meat?  Who knows how mmany human fingers are in there...)  Dairy products are just plain gross.  Milk is food for infant cows.

I can't do much right now, but give me a year to finish school and find a steady job in my new field (easy to do in the Palm Springs area).  I will then expand my availability for volunteer work.

One unique skill I can offer is with regards to the computer/video equipment I have.  If anyone needs material on VHS tape converted to an internet appropriate file or CDRom you can send it to me.  I also have a little space on a website with a lot of bandwidth to host a video file for progressive download.  Or I can burn a CDR and mail it back.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up